We got our photopass yesterday

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
I chose not to join a large photopass share. Instead, I started one with my sister, who went to WDW in July, and my friend, who was there the same week as us in August. I pre-ordered the CD for $99.

After editing, we ended up with about 350 pictures, about 150 of which are ours.

My husband made copies for Lori and Peggy. If Tropical Storm Hanna holds off for a few hours I'll drop off both their CDs this morning.

What a GREAT deal for $33!!! I particularly had fun with the editing-- you can add borders (including throwing Mickey or Minnie or Goofy into a corner, or my favorite: Putting Tink in the upper right hand corner, especially if the castle is in the pciture.) And adding the borders does NOT change the original print; you can make lots of changes without fear of ruining the original.

I'm not sure I would have paid $120 for our pictures. But for $33, they were a bargain!!!

That is awesome... I did the same thing. Our next door neighbors will be in WDW with the same week we are, also her mother and some friends of ours. Four families split our Photopass, which I purchased a few weeks ago.... So I am glad to hear that it's a bargain at $33! :woohoo:

D~

for 33.33 I talked them into it..
The one paied last year the 125 for hers alone,

Mel, are you hunkering down for Hanna today??

I have to run across town this morning and drop off the photopass copy at my friend's. My sister in Lynbrook (I'm in HIcksville) will have to wait till tomorrow for her copy.

Also, just my luck, we're just about out of milk. I'm not panic-buying, but would love some milk in my tea tonight.

I'm glad your photopass photos came out great! I prepaid for one this trip too. We did the family photo shoot at the Poly so it was worth it. I tried to get as many photopass pictures as I could. The kids thought they were hot stuff with their own photpass cards at Blizzard Beach!:cutie: It was so cute!

Do you know what time they are expecting this storm to hit? I have no desire to go to the store with all the people who are rushing to get milk eggs and bread. I never understood that. If the power was out how would you cook the eggs? :confused3 :laughing: I might however make a stop for some ring dings!:rotfl2: Anyway, I'm glad you had a great trip.:cutie:

Do you know what time they are expecting this storm to hit? I have no desire to go to the store with all the people who are rushing to get milk eggs and bread. I never understood that. If the power was out how would you cook the eggs? :confused3 :laughing: I might however make a stop for some ring dings!:rotfl2: Anyway, I'm glad you had a great trip.:cutie:

From what Newsday.com is saying, it looks like a rainy afternoon followed by a windy night on Long Island. Nothing catastrophic, but a real good storm. (I LOVE storms!!!!)

I'm a bit concerned for my brother's house. He lives in Mastic, not too far from the beach. His driveway slopes DOWN to his house, and he's had some severe flooding issues in the past 2 years. As far as I know, he was due to return home from Cancun either last night or today, although Hanna may change things. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that his house is OK this time around.

And I'm right with you on the junk food. Funny story:

When Hurricane Gloria hit LI, my friend and her brother had just flown home to Ireland for their dad's funeral. His wife, along with their 2 year old daughter, stayed on LI and I stayed with them, since Jacinta was frightened to stay alone without another adult.

When Patsy heard in Ireland that this hurricane was aimed at LI, he called. He warned us to go to the safety of my parent's house. (Did I mention that I was 25 or so at the time, holding down a responsible job as a teacher??)

Jacinta's reply: "Patsy, Alice knows all about hurricanes. We've taped up the bay window. The car is full of gas. The bathtub is full of water. We have flashlights and batteries and lots of canned goods. We also have beer, wine, brownies and potato chips. Now go take care of your mom and stop worrying about us!!!"

Gotta love those storm parties!!

My husband just printed up a GORGEOUS 11x13" picture from the photopass. By this time tomorrow it will be framed and matted and hanging on our living room wall.

No, I can't post it. I'm lucky I've figured out how to PM :)

I feel like a kid on a snow storm day.
I have to go into work tonight at 11pm. So The kid in me is hoping for flooding down the street.
( Im 1 block off the great south bay)

The adult in my is thinking Lady Your crazy.. go to work..

So far its just on and off again rain.. Blah..

I just called my brother in Mastic. His house is at the bottom of a hill, and flooding has been a real issue in the past. So far so good.. their house (and carpet!!!) is dry.

I know what you mean about wanting it to kick up a notch. I have the flashlights ready,even though Hicksville NEVER loses power. (Remember where you address your Keyspan/LIPA/National Grid bill each month.)

Hi i finished editing my photos i starfed with 513 i now have 1800 just over .i ordered the CD today so exited to get it .I had a new camera Nikon D80 i was not sure of all funtions on it i messed up some photos came out blurry so photopass helped as i had backup on all except Crystal Palace sad my Eeyore pictures blurry well next trip i will know the camera better.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!