We booked our 10th Anniversary Cruise. Now What??

DisneyTiger

Life is what happens between trips to Disney World
This will be our first cruise - EVER! So now what do I do? I need recommendations for excursions, dining, and whatever else I need to be planning. We're doing a 4 night Bahamian cruise in Feb 2012. Help!!:scared1:

What do you like to do? Castaway Cay has so much to offer. Snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing or just lounging on the beach. The adults only beach is so quiet!

Have you been to Nassau before? We personally have done Atlantis two times and are over it. We will stay on the ship next time.

We like Palo's brunch. $20 additional fee but wow, you are fed well. Next time we will try Remy's but did not last time we were on. It is a $75 fee.

Ask if you have any questions!!! You will enjoy yourself! Where are you on the ship?

Let's see, we are traveling with our two kids - DD6 and DS4 so whatever excusions we do will need to be kid friendly.

What dining do I need to book? I thought that you just ate on some kind of a rotation.

This is what my confirmation says:
Stateroom/Deck: 8008/ Eight
Category: 9A/ Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

I have no idea what that means. I called the cruise line today and they were no help. They just directed me to the website which confused me too. It seems that I can look at excursions until my booking window opens up? And I'm scared to wait until then because I know things book up. So lost!!!:eek:

Oh, and we're on the Dream!

If it's your anniversary, I would splurge and do Remy. Never done it myself, but I've heard the absolute best things about it, and my future husband and I are going to try to get reservations on our 1 year anniversary cruise next year on the Dream. Even though it's $75 a person, and virtually all of the other food on the ship is free, I've still heard amazing things about it and it's your anniversary, so I definitely think you should give it a try.

Your spouse (and yourself) might really enjoy a couple's massage together. You can do it either on the ship or at Castaway Cay.

There are romance packages on the ship once you get there. You can order a bottle of wine, fruit tray, cheese tray, etc... and then spend an afternoon/evening together in your room.

Have a great anniversary! :)

This will be our first cruise - EVER! So now what do I do?

These boards will help you with virtually everything you need to know to prepare for your wonderful vacation. Read up, ask questions, and get really excited for the cruise.

What you do now is very simple. You figure out how to budget for a Disney Cruise every year from now on.

Resistance is futile.;)

These boards will help you with virtually everything you need to know to prepare for your wonderful vacation. Read up, ask questions, and get really excited for the cruise.

What you do now is very simple. You figure out how to budget for a Disney Cruise every year from now on.

Resistance is futile.;)

LOVE it!!! And I'm sure you're right. Should I tell my husband this??:lmao:

Let's see, we are traveling with our two kids - DD6 and DS4 so whatever excusions we do will need to be kid friendly.

What dining do I need to book? I thought that you just ate on some kind of a rotation.

This is what my confirmation says:
Stateroom/Deck: 8008/ Eight
Category: 9A/ Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

I have no idea what that means. I called the cruise line today and they were no help. They just directed me to the website which confused me too. It seems that I can look at excursions until my booking window opens up? And I'm scared to wait until then because I know things book up. So lost!!!:eek:

Oh, and we're on the Dream!

Unfortunately, if you're a brand new cruiser, then you can't book anything until 75 days out (unless you're concierge). NOBODY can book anything until 120 days out and that's Platinum and Concierge, then 105 for Gold and 90 for Silver. You'll be Silver AFTER this cruise so you'll be able to book a little bit earlier. ;)

But never fear that you have to book at 75 days. I was SUPER worried about this. Waited up with Future Husband until 12:01 Eastern on the night we could book, and we had NO problems whatsoever getting what we wanted. ALL excursions were still available and there were plenty of Palo dinner AND brunch reservations available to us. Granted, not everyone's experience will be like this, but I don't think you have to worry about everything filling up. I think you'll probably be fine. ;)

It's true, you DO eat on a rotation. But if you want a night just the two of you to eat together (say ON your honeymoon, for instance), then you can put the kiddos in the kids clubs and go off and have a nice meal just the two of you. ;) For Palo, it's $20 per person extra and for Remy, it's $75 per person extra. From what I hear, they're both well worth it! :thumbsup2

What your info means is that you're in an Oceanview Stateroom, which means that you'll have a view of the ocean from your room. Your room number is 8008. I would look around this site and see if that's a good room or not. This thread is a good place to start. ;) But for more info, just search the forum for Dream 8008. That'll give you all the info you need. :) If the room isn't what you want, then you can log into your account on the Disneycruise.com website and change your room number (this is, of course, unless you booked through a travel agent. If you did, then they might have to do it for you. I'm not sure).

I know it's all confusing. When I first came here, I thought everything was EXTREMELY confusing too!!!! But one thing that helped me was joining my meet thread. If you go to the Cruise Meets forum, and find your cruise, you'll find AMAZING people who are also going to be cruising with you! They can help you a lot, and you may even want to link dinner reservations with some people (perhaps people who have the same ages of kids as you) so that you know someone on the ship!

And ALWAYS ask ANY questions here! We're totally here to help, and yes, we've all been confused about it all at some point in time or another! Have fun on your cruise! :)

If you do the stingray excursion on Castaway, do it first thing in the morning. They are well fed by the afternoon and the water is all stirred up. The family beach is great too. The water might be a bit cold in February. We went one year in January and it did not stop my kids from getting in the water.

I say go for Remy's also but if you are on a budget, Palo's is good too.

There is so much for you to do on the ship. You will have a great time!

Resistance is futile.;)

Love it!
:rotfl:

I'd check out the FAQ pages too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!