We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered - An Aug/Sep '16 Dining Report - Complete 3/11

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered

Yep, we did this.....

And this.....

And some more of this.....

Any questions?????

Oh yeah, who the heck are these eating and drinking fools.

Hi! I'm Kari a certifiable food, wine, and disney-aholic who loves to share all of my indulgences with the world (or at least the DIS). I'm a life long Washingtonian who works too hard by day and by night tries to be super Mom and Wife. I generally suck at trying to balance it all, but wine helps.

With me on our food and drinking adventures was of course my very well behaved family.

While we are capable of taking nice family photos, more often than not something like this is happening....

Meet my wild, weird, and wonderful husband Jason. Jason is a professional Chef, who most recently decided to put his knives down for a while and concentrate on being a stay at home Dad. Good news is a stay at home Jason means a personal chef for me, so life is pretty darn good.

And this our 5 year old daughter Casey who is a chip off her Daddy's block. She's a crazy, fun, and loving bundle of energy who just started kindergarten. Thankfully, she also has our foodie genes and would pick sushi over chicken nuggets any day of the week.

And did I mention we love food? I mean not just like food, but deep, longing, we may even kiss it kind of love.

And less I forget our dear friend alcohol, who as always will play a prominent role in our vacation.

Now the details on the tipsy foodie adventure you're about to embark upon. Our trip was from August 24th through September 3rd and was for a whopping 11 days at the Polynesian!!!! This was our longest trip yet, and despite the heat and a little visit from Hurricane Hermine, was practically perfect in every way. On the food side we ate at a record 13 table service and 8 signature restaurants and consumed unknown quantities of alcoholic beverages to boot. We revisited some tried and true favorites (Sanaa, Narcoossee's, Via Napoli, & California Grill), as well as working in a few newcomers (Tiffins, Il Mulino, Trails End & Bluezoo), and as usual made very few ADR's and just let our tastebuds and restaurants with last minute availability lead the way.

Needless to say it was a great 11 days and I hope you enjoy reading about it as much as we enjoyed eating, drinking, and down right conquering Disney!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Table of Contents
Day 1 - Wednesday, August 24th
Captain Cooks

Day 2 - Thursday, August 25th
Liberty Tree Tavern

Flying Fish
Illuminations Dessert Party

Day 3 - Friday, August 26th
Beaches and Cream

Kona

Day 4 - Saturday, August 27th
Starring Rolls
50's Prime Time Cafe
Contempo Cafe

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 5 - Sunday, August 28th
Trails End

Tiffins

Day 6 - Monday, August 29th
San Angel
Sanaa

Day 7 - Tuesday, August 30th
Skippers Canteen
The Wave

Day 8 - Wednesday, August 31st
Via Napoli

Tambu Lounge, Shula's, Blue Zoo, Il Mulino

Day 9 - Thursday, September 1st
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee's

Day 10 - Friday, September 2nd
Tusker House

California Grill

Day 11 - Saturday, September 3rd
Kona Cafe

Last edited:
First! :P

I see that Milky Way Sundae! Can't wait to dive into that bad boy next week!

Last edited:
Hurrah! I've been on the lookout for this! Eleven days sounds heavenly - can't wait to hear all about it!!!

I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! We're checking into Poly 10/31! Looking forward to trying Narcoossees for the first time too!

Can't wait to read about it! We leave Thursday for our trip so I may have to catch up when we get back!

Ok I'll settle for fourth :rolleyes1. Dang Billie you're quick today!:worship:

Sounds like an awesome report coming up Kari! 8 signatures!!! Wow. Big Summer blowout!

And what's up with this new ticker I see???? :hyper2:

Can't wait to follow along, I just finished reading your last dining report!

Can't wait to follow along! We are leaving for *HOME* on the in 13 days!

Can't wait to read all about your most recent food adventures! Just finished your last report. I've been a lurker for a long time and only recently signed up to be able to post. In fact, this is my first post! I'll be there in 13 days. It will be my first trip without my kids and first time to Food and Wine. This will be my third trip this year tho. We usually only go every other year. This was not our year for Disney but our son worked there this past spring as part of the Disney College Program so we bought annual passes for the first time and we love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter