We are home and shattered

Cochise

<font color=teal>Went last October and this Octobe
Just got back from our 3 week trip.

I have to say i was taken aback by how busy Disney was this time, after going in October '05 and '06 and being able to walk on stuff early etc like Soarin/Test Track this time was a total contrast. I dont remember a day when a Disney Park was quiet in anyway apart from Blizzard Beach when we q'd for 10 mins for Slush Gusher. On the opposite side to this we visited Busch Gdns twice and that was almost walk on the whole time, Universal and IOA were no more than 15 mins for anything and better on our 2nd tip when i did F/R Hulk, Dr Doom and Spiderman as all walk on one after the other. Sea World was a bit busier but nothing to bother us. Manta was almost walk on in the afternoons apart from front row.

Virgin staff were excellent both ways, Nova system wasn't great but it worked ok so it kept me mildy amused.

Fuel rose from $2.35 on arrival and we left with it at around $2.70/$2.75.

Everything seemed more expensive on top of the lower exchange rate we got this time, we had to be so much more careful what we shopped on. The Supertarget near the Beltway and 192 was a breath of fresh air over Walmart, so pleasant to shop there.

The vehicle was a Town and Country 7 seater but the air conditioning faile in the back the whole time (i know the way it locks out etc) but i was only told about a week and a half into the stay and i couldn't be bothered returning it.

I had a chest problem for the 1st two weeks stopping any pool activity at the house and any water parks. My mum was ill, the kids all had ear infections so at times we were in despair.

Eating, Outback didn't impress me after being a firm fave in years gone by, fave was the Orlando Ale House in LBV...mmmm ribs

Anyone want to ask anything shoot away. Off for a pint of real ale

Welcome home :wave2:
Don't think I have seen review of the Ale House. Since we are staying at LBV would be interested in more details :)

Welcome home.

How did you find Windsor Hills? Where does it join the 192?
We usually stay at Windsor Palms but WH looks impressive.

Any info appreciated....

Welcome home.
Windsor hills was lovely, the place was immaculate, good broad section of properties, 4 floor condos to 3 beds with splash pools, then up to 6 beds. The pool area was buzzin, clean and friendly. It joins right at the shoneys, turn right and the next msin junction apart from a small light is world drive then the other way is entry point and the sherberth

Welcome homw :wave2:
Don't hink I have seen review of the Ale House. Since we are staying at LBV would be interested in more details :)
Great value on beer aswell as food, great atmos. Loved it

Welcome home, petrol rising here also, upto £1.09/litre today around us, I buy in Leeds always 5p/litre cheaper at Shell garage there.

Reid, try Orlando Ale house if you are staying there, we have had some great meals there.

Don't think I have many pics, here is one of the chicken and cheese nachos, about $12 but 3 of us can't eat them, they come on a tray layered with chicken and cheese, loads of them.
DMIL once had fish and chips, came in a basket with 7 fish, a pile of chips and hush puppies & coleslaw for about $8, 2 could share it.
I once had 35 shrimp(large prawns) in garlic sauce on bed of pasta and garlic bread, about $11, no way could I eat it, again 2 could share.
If you are not driving they do a lot of specials on drinks, I always drive so never had any.
Screens all the way around with sport on them all.

Last years menu, might have gone up slightly.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/ale-house-menu.htm

This was what we left, you can see size of tray at side of Karens arm.
DSC05839Medium.jpg

Welcome home, petrol rising here also, upto £1.09/litre today around us, I buy in Leeds always 5p/litre cheaper at Shell garage there.

Reid, try Orlando Ale house if you are staying there, we have had some great meals there.

Don't think I have many pics, here is one of the chicken and cheese nachos, about $12 but 3 of us can't eat them, they come on a tray layered with chicken and cheese, loads of them.
DMIL once had fish and chips, came in a basket with 7 fish, a pile of chips and hush puppies & coleslaw for about $8, 2 could share it.
I once had 35 shrimp(large prawns) in garlic sauce on bed of pasta and garlic bread, about $11, no way could I eat it, again 2 could share.
If you are not driving they do a lot of specials on drinks, I always drive so never had any.
Screens all the way around with sport on them all.

Last years menu, might have gone up slightly.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/ale-house-menu.htm

This was what we left, you can see size of tray at side of Karens arm.
DSC05839Medium.jpg
Added this to our list. Cheers both :thumbsup2

Welcome back to sunny Chorley!

Sorry to hear about all the health problems, hope that it didn'yt have too big an impact on your vacation!

Had a few sweet moments on the descent into MAN, first we went over Liverpool City centre seeing the greatest club in the world then Evertons ground. After this the clouds set in but in a really nice moment we went directly past Winter Hill TV mast poking through the cloud by about 30 feet, very strange but good moment for someone from Chorley

Welcome back :wave2: sorry you've all been poorly, hope you're all recovered now.

I have to say i was taken aback by how busy Disney was this time, after going in October '05 and '06 and being able to walk on stuff early etc like Soarin/Test Track this time was a total contrast. I dont remember a day when a Disney Park was quiet in anyway apart from Blizzard Beach when we q'd for 10 mins for Slush Gusher. On the opposite side to this we visited Busch Gdns twice and that was almost walk on the whole time, Universal and IOA were no more than 15 mins for anything and better on our 2nd tip when i did F/R Hulk, Dr Doom and Spiderman as all walk on one after the other. Sea World was a bit busier but nothing to bother us. Manta was almost walk on in the afternoons apart from front row.

We got back yesterday and must admit we spent most of the holiday commenting on how quiet the Disney parks were. I don't know if it's because we normally go in April/May so are used to them being busier, but we found that areas of the parks were almost empty and most rides were walk on. Yes there were queues for some rides such as Soarin and Test Track but we expected this due to their popularity.
Glad you had a good holiday on the whole and got back safely :thumbsup2

We got back yesterday - I thought parks were very quiet overall. The only time I thought to myself that it felt busy was one weekend evening in Epcot - seemed packed in world showcase - however the following Thursday (last Thursday night) Epcot was very quiet. I also felt Magic Kingdom was busyon Specro and Wishes nights - but only in the parade and fireworks areas - the rides were quiet

We never lined up for more than 10 or 15 minutes for anything across all parks and water parks between Oct 17 and 31, and in most cases we just walked on things - On Friday night we had a Pirates Of Carr boat all to ourselves!!!!

That said, I did see long lines for TSM and SOARIN, but we tended to do these busier rides at rope drop and get a set of FP's to use later in day.

However I did think that Downtown Disney was very busy on every night we visited it (prob 3 times)

Welcome home mate trust everyone is feeling better now.

Shame about the Outback, though to be honest the appeal for me is partly the bar area it being fairly close to where we often stay.

Welcome back Rob, glad you had a good time, and hope your all feeling a lot better now:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter