We are heading back to the City of Lights, and DLP - Rough Draft

Have you considered a Seine river cruise? That would give you the wine regions, castles, a full day at the Normandy beaches and maybe even Monet’s gardens if that is of interest. Many have pre or post packages to add on for Mont Saint Michel. You could then also spend some time in Paris itself. Some companies are better than others (let me know if you’d like more specific advice on which ones to look at) but there’s lots out there with some really lovely itineraries.

Have you considered a Seine river cruise? That would give you the wine regions, castles, a full day at the Normandy beaches and maybe even Monet’s gardens if that is of interest. Many have pre or post packages to add on for Mont Saint Michel. You could then also spend some time in Paris itself. Some companies are better than others (let me know if you’d like more specific advice on which ones to look at) but there’s lots out there with some really lovely itineraries.

Oh I can't believe that I missed this option... yes of course I would love any info you care to share... We did a dinner cruise on the Seine and it was tres Magnifique...

As well we love to cruise...

Merci...

OP here,

Thanks for that suggestion Carcassone, jotting down in the info folder... I would love to visit somewhere like that a wall medieval town... so cool.
Just realized that carcasonne is farther away then I thought from Paris (5 hr train) but it is amazing. There’s a medieval town called Provins that’s much closer to Paris and it’s lovely too. Think I was mixing these two up in my mind.

Just realized that carcasonne is farther away then I thought from Paris (5 hr train) but it is amazing. There’s a medieval town called Provins that’s much closer to Paris and it’s lovely too. Think I was mixing these two up in my mind.

OP here

I checked out Carcasonne, amazing... It is to far for a day trip for sure... I will check out Provins for sure...

Merci, for the great suggestions...

Oh I can't believe that I missed this option... yes of course I would love any info you care to share... We did a dinner cruise on the Seine and it was tres Magnifique...

As well we love to cruise...

Merci...
I can’t post links but I’d recommend looking at AmaWaterways and their Impressions of the Seine and Paris itinerary. Choose the direction going to St Malo first, that way you could do your own thing at the end in Paris rather than their organised post package. If you have any questions about river cruising let me know, I’ve done a few!

There are a number of free walking tours available for download on the Rick Steve's app. I have done his Latin Quarter, Louvre, Versailles and others in the area. I like them because I get all the knowledge I want from a tour but if I want to stop to explore something more I just hit the pause button. I enjoy a one day stop at DLP but I've only been one other time.

Don't worry too much about the trains - when they are running they are great. If you'd like to use them plan on it but have a backup - the nice thing with strikes in France is they are announced in advance so if you are aware and watching you can adjust accordingly.

I have great luck with a company called CityWonders as I occasionally like someone else to deal with the transportation issues. I did a Loire valley with them and while I would have liked more time everywhere - I think we maxed out what was feasible for a one day trip. I also did an eiffel/seine cruise that was a wonderful evening.

There are a number of free walking tours available for download on the Rick Steve's app. I have done his Latin Quarter, Louvre, Versailles and others in the area. I like them because I get all the knowledge I want from a tour but if I want to stop to explore something more I just hit the pause button. I enjoy a one day stop at DLP but I've only been one other time.

Don't worry too much about the trains - when they are running they are great. If you'd like to use them plan on it but have a backup - the nice thing with strikes in France is they are announced in advance so if you are aware and watching you can adjust accordingly.

I have great luck with a company called CityWonders as I occasionally like someone else to deal with the transportation issues. I did a Loire valley with them and while I would have liked more time everywhere - I think we maxed out what was feasible for a one day trip. I also did an eiffel/seine cruise that was a wonderful evening.

Op here..

With the trains... originally we had planned to use them...then once there, we decided to go with the hop on hop off buses... and honestly we were really happy and enjoyed riding them...and our plan is to use them again for our next trip... I'll check out City Wonders... was your tour on a large bus or more semi private?

Op here..

With the trains... originally we had planned to use them...then once there, we decided to go with the hop on hop off buses... and honestly we were really happy and enjoyed riding them...and our plan is to use them again for our next trip... I'll check out City Wonders... was your tour on a large bus or more semi private?
The one I did was a small walking tour - we met at the Trocodaro and walked and talked about the Eiffel - did a night Seine cruise with champagne and then did skip the line to go up the tower after. The guide went with us to level 1 to point things out and then left us to our own time to continue exploring and go up to the summit if we chose. I did a small mini van tour with another company for the Loire valley but many on my walking tour had used CityWonders for that as well and were thrilled with that tour - seems they had a better overall experience (though I can't complain about mine either - it was just a bit rushed as many guided tours are).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter