We actually found a decent pizza

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by disneysteve, Nov 7, 2018.

1. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I know one common complaint from those of us from the northeast is that you can't find any good pizza in Florida (or pretty much anywhere else for that matter) but we keep trying. Flippers is our usual go to but it's not the same.

The other night, my wife and I ordered a pizza from Bruno's on 192 west in Kissimmee and it was actually pretty good. Nice crisp NY style crust. Not overly greasy. The sauce was a little bland but nothing some garlic powder and oregano wouldn't fix. A large cheese pizza was $15 which is reasonable.

So if you've been searching for a place, give them a try. It's whole pies only, not by the slice, as it is a table service (and take out) Italian restaurant, not a counter service pizza place. They do have online ordering and delivery though I don't know their delivery range. I picked up our order. The place isn't fancy inside, and looks like even less from the outside, but I've read a lot of positive reviews. We haven't tried anything but the pizza yet but want to get over their for dinner some time.

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  2. SinCityMMAFan

SinCityMMAFan Mouseketeer

Good to know. I've lived in Kissimmee once for over 10 years and never tried or even heard of this place. The place I used to go to in Kissimmee was Schiano's pizza at 3831 W. Vine Street (Highway 192) in Kissimmee. I too and from NY and found this to be the closest thing to real NY style pizza.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneysteve

Bruno's is at 8556 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy in Kissimmee. It's just west of the 192 and 429 intersection.

EDIT - my location was wrong. I said 27 when I meant 429.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 9:26 AM
    SinCityMMAFan likes this.
  5. arminnie

arminnie <font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br

My DH and discovered Bruno’s a few years ago and love it. We go every trip. Their Italian food is very good.

disneysteve likes this.
  6. SinCityMMAFan

SinCityMMAFan Mouseketeer

Thanks Steve. I have added it to my notes.

7. muffyn

muffyn "hmmm*

we really like mellow mushroom. we are thick crust eaters

dish rag likes this.
  8. disneysteve

I don't mind thick crust but it isn't what most folks are looking for if they're from the NY/NJ/Philly area.

9. halfpintpeggy

halfpintpeggy DIS Veteran

What size are their large pies? Thanks for posting this. We're Philly area folks & are definitely particular about our pies.

10. disneysteve

16 inches

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  11. disneysteve

My earlier post with the location was wrong. It’s west of 192 and 429, not 192 and 27.

12. greenclan67

greenclan67 Callie35

Love Brunos, we get take out there pur first night at Orange Lake every year. Calzones are massive and good...make sure to go to their website brunos 192. They have great coupons. Buy one meal get one for 50% off, same for pizza and wine.

disneysteve and halfpintpeggy like this.
  13. anne60

anne60 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for this, pizza is my granddaughter's favorite treat and this place is only 10 minutes from where we are staying!

disneysteve likes this.