wdwgirl and Dad do Disney:an April '10 PTR...TR LINK ADDED!! p. 56

UGGGGHHH, I am so mad, I just had a whole update typed up and it wouldn't post! :mad: Guess I'll have to do some of it later. :sad2:

I did want to share this though because I thought it was pretty interesting. I just saw a blog that mentioned a new show at the Magic Kingdom called "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee". In case you don't know, Tiana is the newest Disney princess from The Princess and the Frog. All I can say is this show looks sooo cool and I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out! It seems like it's going to be done in the style of all the "classic" Disney movies like Cinderella and Aladdin. I wonder how long they'll keep the show running...:confused3

Here's the link to the blog: Tiana's Showboat Jubilee

Also I think we might try making some ADRs tomorrow since they're going back to the 180-day mark. :banana: The only one I want right now is Tony's at the Magic Kingdom. We haven't eaten there in so long and every time we try to get it nothing's available. So wish us luck!

up next: Another Top Ten List!

Good luck w/ADR's!

I saw the thing about that show and I don't know what to think about it. The Disney Store here has a ton of stuff for the movie and it is set up the same as all of the "classic" princess movie stuff. I didn't know it was at MK too! I thought it was just at Disneyland?! Anyways, I will check it out and let you know how it is!

Can't wait for the next list!

I can't offer anything extra about the tours since we haven't done any of them.;) However, I look forward to hearing what you have to say about them.

I have been reading about the new show for Tiana. I think we would probably skip it, but I think that would change if I had a daughter.

Good luck with your Tony's ADR in the AM.:goodvibes

Good luck w/ADR's!

I saw the thing about that show and I don't know what to think about it. The Disney Store here has a ton of stuff for the movie and it is set up the same as all of the "classic" princess movie stuff. I didn't know it was at MK too! I thought it was just at Disneyland?! Anyways, I will check it out and let you know how it is!

Can't wait for the next list!

I guess they just started the show at the MK. But yeah, I thought it was just going to be at Disneyland too.

I'm about to post my next list...popcorn::

I can't offer anything extra about the tours since we haven't done any of them.;) However, I look forward to hearing what you have to say about them.

I have been reading about the new show for Tiana. I think we would probably skip it, but I think that would change if I had a daughter.

Good luck with your Tony's ADR in the AM.:goodvibes

haha yeah, don't know how interested the boys would be in the Princess and the Frog show. I'm really going to be curious to see what the movies like.

Hey Sarah!!!

So glad you mentioned your new PTR. I'm definitely in!! :thumbsup2 I'm jealous you're staying at Kidani. That looks so nice! Can't wait to see your pics and hear all about it. Although, I'm still bummed you're not going w/ your family in Jan. Thanks for posting the old Stacey video. I'm still sad about the new version. It blows!!

Look forward to hearing more!!

Hey Sarah!!!

So glad you mentioned your new PTR. I'm definitely in!! :thumbsup2 I'm jealous you're staying at Kidani. That looks so nice! Can't wait to see your pics and hear all about it. Although, I'm still bummed you're not going w/ your family in Jan. Thanks for posting the old Stacey video. I'm still sad about the new version. It blows!!

Look forward to hearing more!!

Hi Kirsten! Glad you're joining in again! I know, it would've been so cool if I was going with them...then we could have our DIS meet! hehe Maybe sometime it'll work out. :guilty:

Well, bad news about the ADRs. Today was the first day that they changed back to the 180 days out thing so both the phone lines and the website were all tied up. :sad2: It really stinks because there must've been that many more people with everyone who is less than 180 days but not quite at 90 days. Grrrr. Guess we'll have to keep trying. If we can't get it, it won't be too big a deal. But I have to give you guys credit who all do the dining plan and you've got to make half a dozen or so reservations! That's crazy! :eek: It's hard enough for us to get one! :rotfl: Oh well. I'm thinking though we should probably decide soon which tour we want to do. Don't want to run into any trouble with that either.

So that's my trip-related news for the day. Now onto my next Top Ten List!

As I've mentioned before, I'm not just a Disney World fan, I'm a Disney fan. I love anything and everything Disney and when I say that I'm not joking. Part of that is being a fan of Disney movies. We all know that over the years Disney has created some awesome movies. I'll share my favorites in another list but one of the things that makes movies so memorable is the music. This is only going to contain movie music...theme park music can be a separate list. ;) So here we go:

Sarah's Top Ten Disney Songs!!

(if you're in the mood for some Disney tunes just click the name of the song ;))

10."Let's Go Fly a Kite" (Mary Poppins)

I was never really a fan of Mary Poppins but after seeing the Broadway show I gained a new appreciation for it. The Broadway version of this song was amazing but the original's pretty good too. I love the line "let's go fly a kite and seeend it soooooaring!" Makes me think of Soarin...:rolleyes:

9."Once Upon a Dream" (Sleeping Beauty)

Again, not a huge Sleeping Beauty fan but I do like this song.

8. "We're All In This Together" (High School Musical)
Yes, that is right, I'm including a HSM song in my list. As cheesy as the movies may be I'm not going to lie, the music is pretty catchy. They even played this one at my college graduation. :laughing:

7. "Zip A Dee Doo Dah" (Song of the South)
I think when you hear this one almost everybody would immediately think of Disney. If only they would release the movie now. :guilty:

6. "Under the Sea" (The Little Mermaid)
Just one of those Disney classics. :thumbsup2

5. "I Just Can't Wait to be King" (The Lion King)
This was always my favorite song from the Lion King. I remember when we first got the soundtrack I would listen to it over and over and over again.

4. "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin (Enchanted)
A lot of people might not even recognize this song but it's definitely one of my favorites. It was actually nominated for an Academy Award after Enchanted came out. It's such a cute song and if you listen to the video, the instrumentals around the 2 min. mark are amazing. The only word I can think of to describe it is sweeping (does that sound weird?! :confused3). But I love love love this one.

3. "A Whole New World" (Aladdin)
This is just another one of those great Disney classics. And it's one of the best parts of the movie!

2. "Ever Ever After" by Carrie Underwood (Enchanted)
First off, Carrie Underwood is one of my favorite American Idol winners. Second of all, this song is just so upbeat and happy it's hard not to enjoy it.

And my all-time favorite Disney song is...

1. "When You Wish Upon A Star" (Pinocchio)
I don't know how anyone can be a Disney fan cannot like this song. It's used in everything from commercials to the movie openings. While looking at the video comments on youtube, one person said that it's like Disney's anthem. I think that pretty much sums it all up.

So did I miss any good ones? What are your favorites?

aww I'm sorry!! My CM site for booking ADRs has been down all day as well. I feel bad for people like you but what did they expect. They should have done it in stages not all at once. Our system at school as crashed before when we tried to register for classes and that was a few hundred people or so so I mean come on Disney duhs!!!

YAY for a new Top Ten List! I may have to borrow your idea in the future :thumbsup2

I love "So Close"! It's such a mushy, romantic song that I would definitely consider as a wedding song! Haha, not that I'm getting married any time soon.

I like how you put the links there! One of my favorites that's not on your list is "Bonjour" from Beauty & the Beast. My favorite part is when the baker goes, "Marie! The baguettes! Hurry up!" When I imagine my debut on Broadway :laughing:, I'm singing that song.

The Segway tour does seem fun too. Maybe when Henry is a little older you guys could do the Family Magic Tour...that one was great for kids (and even us older kids too, hehe)!

What a great idea! I'm going to have to keep that in mind - he'll be old enough before we even know it! :eek: :laughing:

That is awful about being unable to make ONE ADR!!! Ugh. What a headache. I'm sure you'll get it if you keep trying though, I bet people today are just booking whatever, and things will shift around in time. Overall, I'm still glad they went back to the 180 days versus 90 though, after this first initial mess, it will get better.

I've actually never thought about what my favorite Disney songs are! I think "When you Wish Upon a Star" is up there though - makes me think of Wishes and gives me goosebumps!!! :rotfl: I also love "Under the Sea", my cousin and I made up a dance in the swimming pool to that song when we were younger-we still laugh about that, and can remember certain moves to it!!!! :lmao:

Ugh, what a mess with the ADRs! They really should have phased them in....

I love this top ten list. Thanks for the youtube links.... I'll look at each one of them when I'm home from work. :goodvibes I have favorites for two different reasons. Either I grew up loving them personally, or I love them because my children love them.

In addition to yours :rotfl: these are my favs too:

One Jump Ahead (Aladdin)
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)
Everybody Wants to Be a Cat (Aristocats)
Go the Distance (Hercules)
I Will Go Sailing No More (Toy Story)
When She Loved Me (Toy Story II)
Bare Neccessities (Jungle Book)
Little Black Raincloud & The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers (Winnie the Pooh)

I think I need to make a new CD for my car. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your ADR's. I'm anxious to see which tour you decide to go on! If I had enough time on this trip I would've LOVED to do the Animal Kingdom one.

I like your list! But you are missing pretty much every song from Cinderella and I love all of those! I want "So This Is Love" to be my wedding song...well first I need to find a boyfriend hahaha! ANYWAYS, I don't remember, did you see Little Mermaid on Broadway, too? I saw it in April and it made me appreciate the music better when I saw how talented the people were singing it live.

Ugh, don't even get me started on the whole ADR thing..I'll be posting mine soon..

As for the top ten Disney songs..here's some of mine that weren't mentioned:

'Beauty and the Beast' from Beauty and the Beast
'Colors of the Wind' from Pocohantas
'Kiss the Girl' from the Little Mermaid..but the Ashley Tisdale version
'Circle of Life' from the Lion King

aww I'm sorry!! My CM site for booking ADRs has been down all day as well. I feel bad for people like you but what did they expect. They should have done it in stages not all at once. Our system at school as crashed before when we tried to register for classes and that was a few hundred people or so so I mean come on Disney duhs!!!

It really does stink how they all of a sudden changed it. They definitely should have done it gradually so it wasn't so clogged up today. I guess it was like that for everyone. :confused3 Guess we'll have to see what happens...

YAY for a new Top Ten List! I may have to borrow your idea in the future :thumbsup2

I love "So Close"! It's such a mushy, romantic song that I would definitely consider as a wedding song! Haha, not that I'm getting married any time soon.

I like how you put the links there! One of my favorites that's not on your list is "Bonjour" from Beauty & the Beast. My favorite part is when the baker goes, "Marie! The baguettes! Hurry up!" When I imagine my debut on Broadway :laughing:, I'm singing that song.

haha, I hear ya on the wedding song. There were so many comments like that when I was trying to find the video on youtube.

That's a good one too! My favorite line from that one is "here's where she meets prince charming...but she won't discover that it's him till chapter threeeeeeee!" OK now I have to go find that one on youtube! LOL.

What a great idea! I'm going to have to keep that in mind - he'll be old enough before we even know it! :eek: :laughing:

That is awful about being unable to make ONE ADR!!! Ugh. What a headache. I'm sure you'll get it if you keep trying though, I bet people today are just booking whatever, and things will shift around in time. Overall, I'm still glad they went back to the 180 days versus 90 though, after this first initial mess, it will get better.

I've actually never thought about what my favorite Disney songs are! I think "When you Wish Upon a Star" is up there though - makes me think of Wishes and gives me goosebumps!!! :rotfl: I also love "Under the Sea", my cousin and I made up a dance in the swimming pool to that song when we were younger-we still laugh about that, and can remember certain moves to it!!!! :lmao:

Isn't it insane though how you have to book a reservation so far in advance?! CRAZY! Hopefully we can get through in a couple days. We've tried to book there our last two trips and have had no luck. :mad:

That's hilarious that you guys had a dance to Under the Sea. :thumbsup2

Ugh, what a mess with the ADRs! They really should have phased them in....

I love this top ten list. Thanks for the youtube links.... I'll look at each one of them when I'm home from work. :goodvibes I have favorites for two different reasons. Either I grew up loving them personally, or I love them because my children love them.

In addition to yours :rotfl: these are my favs too:

One Jump Ahead (Aladdin)
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)
Everybody Wants to Be a Cat (Aristocats)
Go the Distance (Hercules)
I Will Go Sailing No More (Toy Story)
When She Loved Me (Toy Story II)
Bare Neccessities (Jungle Book)
Little Black Raincloud & The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers (Winnie the Pooh)

I think I need to make a new CD for my car. :thumbsup2

You've got some good ones on your list too. It's so hard to choose! When She Loved Me is so sad!

The other day I had my ipod with me when I was going to school and I kid you not, literally every song was a Disney song (except for maybe 2). It was kinda spooky.

Sorry to hear about your ADR's. I'm anxious to see which tour you decide to go on! If I had enough time on this trip I would've LOVED to do the Animal Kingdom one.

I like your list! But you are missing pretty much every song from Cinderella and I love all of those! I want "So This Is Love" to be my wedding song...well first I need to find a boyfriend hahaha! ANYWAYS, I don't remember, did you see Little Mermaid on Broadway, too? I saw it in April and it made me appreciate the music better when I saw how talented the people were singing it live.

I think I am leaning towards the Animal Kingdom one. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted though!

I love Cinderella! There are some good songs in it too. haha on the boyfriend...maybe we both shoulda put "Some Day My Prince Will Come." :rotfl::rolleyes:

I wish we would've seen the Little Mermaid on Broadway! I hear it's already closed (or is closing soon...). :sad2: We saw The Lion King when it came here last year and that was pretty awesome.

Ugh, don't even get me started on the whole ADR thing..I'll be posting mine soon..

As for the top ten Disney songs..here's some of mine that weren't mentioned:

'Beauty and the Beast' from Beauty and the Beast
'Colors of the Wind' from Pocohantas
'Kiss the Girl' from the Little Mermaid..but the Ashley Tisdale version
'Circle of Life' from the Lion King

Yes, I agree with the Ashley Tisdale version of "Kiss the Girl." A couple weeks ago at school the class I was subbing in was watching The Lion King and at the very beginning when they sing Circle of Life I was like geez this song is awesome. That whole opening scene is WOW. :worship:

A couple weeks ago at school the class I was subbing in was watching The Lion King and at the very beginning when they sing Circle of Life I was like geez this song is awesome. That whole opening scene is WOW. :worship:

And when they sing this song at FOTLK, I always get goosebumps. :goodvibes

That's a good one too! My favorite line from that one is "here's where she meets prince charming...but she won't discover that it's him till chapter threeeeeeee!" OK now I have to go find that one on youtube! LOL.

I AGREE! That's my other favorite part of the song! Haha, the only issue I have with that scene is that sheep eats a piece of the page. It bothered me ... uhhh, botherS me so much! Haha, I don't want a sheep eating a corner and ruining my book!

I just love that she gets a free book. Haha, that really enticed me as a kid. And even now! I think I need to watch the music video now except for the fact that my dad's in the kitchen, and he's going to wonder what I'm doing when I should be getting ready for work ... ;)

YES! Some day we will have a DIS meet. That would be so fun!!!

BOO! Sorry to hear you had issues w/ your ADRs. It sounds like it was a nightmare! Have you had any luck today? I wish there was an easier, less stressful way of getting ADRs. It's so intense! :rotfl:

Loving your top 10 lists! I'd have to add:

"Be Our Guest" - Beauty and the Beast
"Poor Unfortunate Souls" - Little Mermaid (Love me some Ursula!!)
"Zip A Dee Doo Dah" - Songs of the South
"Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" - Cinderalla

I love Disney music!!!

Okay, now that you mentioned Enchanted...I now that have song "That's How You Know" in my head from when she's in the park. :laughing:

YES! Some day we will have a DIS meet. That would be so fun!!!

BOO! Sorry to hear you had issues w/ your ADRs. It sounds like it was a nightmare! Have you had any luck today? I wish there was an easier, less stressful way of getting ADRs. It's so intense! :rotfl:

Loving your top 10 lists! I'd have to add:

"Be Our Guest" - Beauty and the Beast
"Poor Unfortunate Souls" - Little Mermaid (Love me some Ursula!!)
"Zip A Dee Doo Dah" - Songs of the South
"Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" - Cinderalla

I love Disney music!!!

I know, I'd love to meet some fellow Disney fanatics in person. :thumbsup2

I'm going to post an ADR update soon...;)

I like the ones you added too. Disney music is awesome. At camp last year they had a CD of Disney songs and all of the staff would sing every song. haha!

Okay, now that you mentioned Enchanted...I now that have song "That's How You Know" in my head from when she's in the park. :laughing:

Aww, I like that one! That's a great scene in the movie.

Happy Teacher's Convention!! Two days of no school! :banana:

ADR UPDATE
I was subbing today (they had a huge Halloween parade...SOOOOO CUTE!) but when I got home there was some good news. Dad tried calling again today for ADRs and was finally able to get through. Apparently there were not a lot of openings at Tony's (must be a popular choice!) but we were able to get something. Woo hoo! It's a little later than we would like but atleast we got something for the time being. I still think it's crazy how you have to think about dining so far in advance. :eek:

TOUR UPDATE
We were also talking about the tours and I think I want to do the Animal Kingdom one. The Keys to the Kingdom tour is a little bit longer so that would take up a good chunk of one of our park days. I think we are going to save that for some other time when we're there for more than five whole days.

RANDOM
I also got something in the mail today for the Disney Visa card saying I was preapproved for one so I might try applying for one of those. I've always wanted a Disney credit card...haha! Plus it said that I'd get a $200 rewards card that could be applied towards Disney merchandise including park tickets. I'm going to be needing a new park ticket for this trip. So we'll see.

Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter