wdwgirl and Dad do Disney:an April '10 PTR...TR LINK ADDED!! p. 56

How could I have missed this? You have been posting over on my pTR, and I never noticed you had one going. OMG, I feel bad.

On the Kidani topic, it is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! We love it so much and are happy it is our home resort. It truly is fantastic.

It's so cool that you and your dad are taking this trip together. I seem to be the only one in my family (outside of Bryan and the boys) that feels so strongly about WDW.

I love your top 10. It really is difficult sometimes to narrow it down. I was thinking about doing something along those lines for a countdown for the boys once the trip got closer. I was thinking for each number they remove there would be an attraction they enjoy underneath. I agree about Soarin. I just about died the other day. My sister and I went into Bath & Body Works because they were having an awesome sale. Well, I smelled a lotion called Rainkissed Leaves. OMG! I immediately got images of being on Soaring and imagining that moment you fly over the ocean and they filter in the smell of the ocean. IT SMELLS JUST LIKE IT! I had to buy some just so I could smell it over and over again.

Everything looks great! I can't wait to hear more.

Love the top 10 list! I need to start thinking of things like this to keep my PTR interesting as well! :laughing:

Hi! :wave2:

I'm in. popcorn::popcorn::

Can wait to hear more!

Yay, welcome!

How could I have missed this? You have been posting over on my pTR, and I never noticed you had one going. OMG, I feel bad.

On the Kidani topic, it is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! We love it so much and are happy it is our home resort. It truly is fantastic.

It's so cool that you and your dad are taking this trip together. I seem to be the only one in my family (outside of Bryan and the boys) that feels so strongly about WDW.

I love your top 10. It really is difficult sometimes to narrow it down. I was thinking about doing something along those lines for a countdown for the boys once the trip got closer. I was thinking for each number they remove there would be an attraction they enjoy underneath. I agree about Soarin. I just about died the other day. My sister and I went into Bath & Body Works because they were having an awesome sale. Well, I smelled a lotion called Rainkissed Leaves. OMG! I immediately got images of being on Soaring and imagining that moment you fly over the ocean and they filter in the smell of the ocean. IT SMELLS JUST LIKE IT! I had to buy some just so I could smell it over and over again.

Everything looks great! I can't wait to hear more.

Nah, don't feel bad. Glad you found me though!

I'm jealous Kidani is your home resort. We stayed at the AKL last May and loved it so I'm excited to see the new villas.

OK, that is so funny you mention Soarin and B&BW. I actually have some of that rainkissed leaves lotion and never even thought about Soarin! Yesterday we went to Pier One and they had some home fragrance stuff...my sister smelled one of them and told me to smell it and asked if it reminded me of anything. I said no and she said "Well, it reminds me of Soarin." Then as soon as she mentioned that I could totally understand what she was saying. It was called "oceans" and it made me think of the ocean scene too! I should've bought it...hehe

Love the top 10 list! I need to start thinking of things like this to keep my PTR interesting as well! :laughing:

Thanks!

You know, I should've just combined all the mountains and called it Triple Mountain Whammy like Stacey does. Splash Mountain is awesome too, as is Space Mtn. Ahhh it's too hard to choose just 10! I should've made it Top 20 attractions. :laughing:

Oh poor stacey and the death of her show. Let's cram a 1/2 hour of Stacey into a 9 min loop...sad :( :sad2:

Oh poor stacey and the death of her show. Let's cram a 1/2 hour of Stacey into a 9 min loop...sad :( :sad2:

I know, right?! I did not like that new resort TV loop at all. :mad: Good thing I have the older version on my ipod (I found it once on google video! :thumbsup2).

I'm here! :wave: Save room in your suitcase 'cause I'm coming with you! :lmao: ..... oh fine..... I'll just read about it..... again..... sigh.

Going back to catch up!

I so agree with everyone. I miss the old Stacey show. This new one just seems too professional, not fun like the old one.

I'm here now! :yay:

I'm glad my pictures helped fuel the "need" for Kidani. :goodvibes I will have MANY, MANY more on my TR after our December trip. :thumbsup2

I love your Top 10! What a great idea. I might have to borrow it....if I ever get around to updating my PTR. :laughing:

Caught up. I love your top ten list! I googled Stacey and found the old show on veoh. It was a crappy version so maybe someone has a better one out there, but sooo fun to watch!

I'm here! :wave: Save room in your suitcase 'cause I'm coming with you! :lmao: ..... oh fine..... I'll just read about it..... again..... sigh.

Going back to catch up!

Glad to have you joining in again!

I so agree with everyone. I miss the old Stacey show. This new one just seems too professional, not fun like the old one.

I know, I do like the graphics but as annoying as Stacey could be I grew to really like her and all those quotes. "HEADS UP, HAIRPIN TURN!" (sorry, couldn't resist...:rotfl:) Hmm, maybe that should be my next Top Ten list, favorite Stacey quotes!

you don't have that link by chance do you!? My brother would die to see that lol

Here's a couple of them...the old Stacey version and then only the best resort TV loop ever, the one with the Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah...Tip for Today! LOVE IT!

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah

Old Stacey Loop

I'm here now! :yay:

I'm glad my pictures helped fuel the "need" for Kidani. :goodvibes I will have MANY, MANY more on my TR after our December trip. :thumbsup2

I love your Top 10! What a great idea. I might have to borrow it....if I ever get around to updating my PTR. :laughing:

Yay, you found me!

I can't wait to see all your pictures from your Dec. trip! But the ones you have in your current TR are awesome.

Caught up. I love your top ten list! I googled Stacey and found the old show on veoh. It was a crappy version so maybe someone has a better one out there, but sooo fun to watch!

Just posted the resort TV links above! :thumbsup2

Happy Friday!

Since I'm not at school today (I came home yesterday feeling pretty crummy so I decided to take the day off) and it's miserable outside I thought I'd do another update.

As I've mentioned before we're Disney veterans so now part of the fun for us is exploring all the little secrets in the parks. And what better way to do that than to take a tour?! In one of the issues of Celebrations magazine there was an article about some of the different tours that Disney World offers and some of them sound really interesting. Dad and I are thinking about doing one of them on our trip. There are two that I'm most interested in:

1. Backstage Safari Tour
Obviously this one takes place at the Animal Kingdom and according to the Disney World website the tour is "a 3-hour insider's look at the innovative ways that Disney Cast Members care for its animal inhabitants." Since I love animals and the Animal Kingdom this one could be a lot of fun!

2. Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
This one is a little bit longer and gives a history of Walt Disney World. One of the things that is intriguing about this tour is that you get to see some backstage areas including the Utilidors! I've always wondered what those were like...

I don't think you can sign up for anything until 180 days out, like ADRs but it's something to consider. Plus it'd be helpful to get the park hours so we could figure out when we might want to do something like that.

So what do you guys think? Have any of you done a tour before? What did you think of it?

I have done both, not official ones but they were a part of my training at MK and AK. I LOVED the historical aspect of MK. My trainer is a tour guide of Keys..Claire is her name. and she set up our tour as if we were on Keys but she went more indepth with our group. We discussed EVERYTHING under the sun. The only thing we did not see was the castle suite but I was lucky enough to see it when I worked at BBB. You get to see the tunnels but they are nothing to write home on. They do indeed smell, leak, and we have subway! The main areas where the CMs typically are (cafe, dressing rooms, etc.) I don't think they show you on the tour so hopefully not all of the magic will be ruined!!!

Safari is really cool. My friend took the tour with her mom and she worked at AKL but took the AK tour with us as training. She said the tour was very similar. The backstage areas at AK are huge and do ride bikes to get from place to place!! If they do an extended safari it's really cool to not hear the voiceover but to actually have someone explain hidden things!! You get a water bottle too so I mean that is cool!

Well, hope that helps a bit. If I were to personally pay for one, I would do more MK. I enjoy the historical aspect. I love animals but MK is MK and enough said!

Surprisingly, I haven't done either one of those. But, we really want to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in June.

I have done both, not official ones but they were a part of my training at MK and AK. I LOVED the historical aspect of MK. My trainer is a tour guide of Keys..Claire is her name. and she set up our tour as if we were on Keys but she went more indepth with our group. We discussed EVERYTHING under the sun. The only thing we did not see was the castle suite but I was lucky enough to see it when I worked at BBB. You get to see the tunnels but they are nothing to write home on. They do indeed smell, leak, and we have subway! The main areas where the CMs typically are (cafe, dressing rooms, etc.) I don't think they show you on the tour so hopefully not all of the magic will be ruined!!!

Safari is really cool. My friend took the tour with her mom and she worked at AKL but took the AK tour with us as training. She said the tour was very similar. The backstage areas at AK are huge and do ride bikes to get from place to place!! If they do an extended safari it's really cool to not hear the voiceover but to actually have someone explain hidden things!! You get a water bottle too so I mean that is cool!

Well, hope that helps a bit. If I were to personally pay for one, I would do more MK. I enjoy the historical aspect. I love animals but MK is MK and enough said!

Thanks for all of your input! That really helps a lot. The one reason why we are talking about the AK tour is because we think that the rest of my family might be interested in the KTTK tour so it might be better to save that one. Who knows though. I'd love to do them both!

Surprisingly, I haven't done either one of those. But, we really want to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in June.

Yeah, the only tour we've ever done is the Family Magic Tour. It'd be fun to do another one.

Hey! Loved your top ten list! Might have to steal it for my PTR if I ever decide to post on it, haha!

I've thought about the Keys to the Kingdom tour but then I didn't know if it would "spoil" the magic or not. The one at AK sounds amazing, though!!!

I've only done one tour, the Segway around Epcot - and it was great! Both you have here interest me, and I hope we'll be able to do another tour at some point....we probably could have figured in something for December because we'll have the built in babysitters (grandma and grandpa!), but - all well! Good reason for another trip! :goodvibes

I think I would like KTTK a tad more because I'm a history nerd. BUT, if you think your whole family will want to do KTTK, go AK! It sounds just amazing!

Hey! Loved your top ten list! Might have to steal it for my PTR if I ever decide to post on it, haha!

I've thought about the Keys to the Kingdom tour but then I didn't know if it would "spoil" the magic or not. The one at AK sounds amazing, though!!!

haha, go right ahead and steal it if you want to. :)

Yeah, part of me wonders if it would spoil the magic but the other part of me doesn't really care. LOL! I think it would still be really interesting.

I've only done one tour, the Segway around Epcot - and it was great! Both you have here interest me, and I hope we'll be able to do another tour at some point....we probably could have figured in something for December because we'll have the built in babysitters (grandma and grandpa!), but - all well! Good reason for another trip! :goodvibes

I think I would like KTTK a tad more because I'm a history nerd. BUT, if you think your whole family will want to do KTTK, go AK! It sounds just amazing!

The Segway tour does seem fun too. Maybe when Henry is a little older you guys could do the Family Magic Tour...that one was great for kids (and even us older kids too, hehe)!

Yeah, we'll just have to decide what we want to do. It might turn out that Dad and I are the only ones interested in doing a tour!

Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my PTR. I'm really excited to see that you're writing one too! What do you teach?

I really liked your Top 10 list, especially since you explained it instead of just writing out the names of the rides. Haha, is that too teacher-y of me? I love those details!

I would LOVE to experience the Keys to the Kingdom tour! Have you read The Hidden Magic of WDW? I absolutely love it because there are only so many books I can read that describe the rides. I love the extra info. I'll have much more to look for in April!

Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my PTR. I'm really excited to see that you're writing one too! What do you teach?

I really liked your Top 10 list, especially since you explained it instead of just writing out the names of the rides. Haha, is that too teacher-y of me? I love those details!

I would LOVE to experience the Keys to the Kingdom tour! Have you read The Hidden Magic of WDW? I absolutely love it because there are only so many books I can read that describe the rides. I love the extra info. I'll have much more to look for in April!

Hey Rachel! Thanks for commenting on MY PTR. hehe I am certified for 1st-8th grade. Right now I'm just subbing (hoping either a long-term or full-time position comes around) but I would love to teach first, second, or third grade. I think the younger kids are so cute. :goodvibes

haha, no, that is not too teacher-y of you to say that. That's actually kind of why I did explain myself! :rotfl:

I haven't read the Hidden Magic book but have read all the Imagineering Field Guides. I have one of the trivia books but haven't read the whole thing. It's so interesting reading about all the extra details and then actually seeing it all in the parks. Makes you appreciate it even more. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter