WDW ticket prices increase today!

1) The exact date wasn't known until Friday.
2) But, the increase was public knowledge for about 2-months.
3) We (me and a few other CM's) believe WDW floated a "trial balloon".
4) They wanted to see reactions to a higher-priced MK.
5) Evidently, not enough protest, because now MK is more than the other WDW parks.

5) Evidently, not enough protest, because now MK is more than the other WDW parks.

Not sure which public knew about it...there were a few rumors but there are always rumors.

MK was more expensive than the other parks already. The price increase last June set MK at $95 and the rest at $90.

Tell me if I understand this price increase: All one day park tickets are increasing by $4.00. All other tickets (multiday) are staying the same. The price of any add ons (hopper and such) are staying the same.

If this is the case, and they don't change any ticket prices for another year or so, then that would mean 1 day ticket prices going up by about 4% and all other ticket prices staying flat, which would be really good all be it unusual news.

So, I wonder if Disney is planning another ticket increase soon on the multiday/add on items?

Inflation yet again? Yeesh. I know Disney wants money money money, but when those one day prices go over a hundred dollars...

Right now I'm seeing an across-the-board increase via the WDW tickets web site. 2-day appears to have gone up $4, 3-day $12, and the rest $15 (without checking every single one).

Park hopper and WPFM are now $60 each (+$1), and the combo is $86 (+$2). Not sure on No Expiration since they don't post those prices - may have to wait for Cheshire Figment to post.

AP increases as well.

For a signle $5 increase for magic Kingdom since the last one, Magic Kingdom is $10 more than this time last year. $99 + Tax

However, multi day passes are also up across the board, and annual passes went up $25. The premiere pass (works at Disney World and Disneyland) is $979 + tax (over a thousand with tax)

Magic Kingdom was already over $100 with tax, now it's closer to $106.

We wont be buying tickets this summer when we go. We will go to one of the many many other theme parks in the area. Take That Greedy Disney!!!!

The tickets are still discounted on Undercover Tourist. They haven't been increased there as of yet but it says there are limited quantities.

UT and likely most others purchase the tickets in bulk from WDW, then sell them to the public. So they have a stock of tickets at the previous price, and typically sell them off at the previous price.

just bought my park hoppers for May on Saturday. Found out about the price hike when I woke up on Sunday and read about it. So glad I bought before they went up!

First, let me say that we are a Disney family and we've enjoyed multiple visits to Disney World per year for the last 8 years. We've been very lucky to live close enough and have the means to take our daughter to Disney so many times. We've even been fortunate enough to purchase annual passes for 3 of the 8 years. It has truly been a magical experience for our family. Unfortunately, I feel that Disney has increased prices too much over the last few years and it is now priced too high for our family to continue. Maybe Disney is going for the once in a lifetime experience where you take the family to Disney World for that one magical vacation and then those children don't return again until they have their own families. I don't know but I do know that we will miss our visits to Disney World.

Hey, at least we are all still healthy and I'm thankful for that. There are many people with much larger problems than not being able to afford a trip to Disney World.

Do the price increases have to do with SW @ DHS extended, F&W 53 days, possible MNSSHP starting in August? Is it possible MVMCP will extend to Sunday, December 21st? Just trying to see why increased without notice. Some events different parks, but not justifiable to increase ticket cost.

Do the price increases have to do with SW @ DHS extended, F&W 53 days, possible MNSSHP starting in August? Is it possible MVMCP will extend to Sunday, December 21st? Just trying to see why increased without notice. Some events different parks, but not justifiable to increase ticket cost.

I think it has more to do with attempting to recoup some of the $1.5 billion investment in My Magic +, magic bands, etc. I don't think Disney is seeing the increased profit from next gen they were hoping for so they needed to show Wall Street increased profits for their next quarter.

I doubt more hard ticket events would have any bearing on increasing the general tickets - if they were costing too much they would raise the price of those tickets or get rid of it altogether.

F&W has been expanding and is extremely popular, and makes tons of money via micropayments - far more than a hard ticket event I bet.

SWW is the only thing I don't see as having a direct income impact. They make a lot of money on merchandise, but I'm not sure how much goes directly to Disney has there are third party vendors in there for it. It must increase attendance at DHS significantly though.

This is probably more about MyMagic+/NextGen and all the money they sunk in to it, plus the Fantasyland expansion and neither is done, and now DPR is dealing with problems elsewhere as well like Shanghai and so funds are being redirected. They basically promised shareholders a 10-20% spend increase per head with MM+, and if they even have gotten there its at the low range, and I think some of that is really coming from increased spend at the resorts, which isn't directly MM+ related (other than those who switch to onsite to get their bands, etc.).

I think it has more to do with attempting to recoup some of the $1.5 billion investment in My Magic +, magic bands, etc. I don't think Disney is seeing the increased profit from next gen they were hoping for so they needed to show Wall Street increased profits for their next quarter.

Just FYI, it's the increased revenue, not necessarily profit. Direct profit won't come for a while due to the capital cost of the project, although I'm sure there will be some crazy accounting involved... :)

Something to consider...

Normally I hate talking politics on here, but this thread in combination with what is going on in the news caused me to think about something...

Presently, Federal minimum wage is $7.25. Our current President is pushing to raise that to $10.10. As many hourly Cast Members are well below that, imagine what will happen to ticket prices then...

I know some Quick Service restaurants in the parks toyed with touch screen ordering last year, I remember seeing them at Pecos Bill's, they are now gone. Would we be seeing these installed? What would the Unions do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!