WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

What do me make of this new update from Disney Parks?

@yulilin3 any thoughts?

I know Disney World much more complex than UO with more hotels and parks etc.... but man what I take from this is, July is now looking in question

I would of never ever thought UO would be open for weeks and months before Disney (speculation)

Direct link here

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...vacation/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q3wo0521200527200011C
I just posted on the N&R threads. I think it should've come out weeks ago, not right after Universal announces their plans when I'm sure the phones lines are blowing up. To me this is just a way of telling people "stop calling, we are trying to open, have a plan, but don't want to release it now" I think they are being "extra".

I called them because I was concerned about this for our trip scheduled to start in mid-june, and they told me that it final payment is NOT due until 7 days prior. Reminder e-mails, even one saying past due at 30 days, will continue to come as they're automated, but not to worry.
Thank You

so if the next round is 6/14-6/20 is it alawys done automatically for the entire week at a time or would they start with dates like 14,15,16 before cancelling 17,18,19? curious becuase with them possibly pitching there plans next week there could still be a shot for people to get to go lets say on 18th or 19th as there start dates or what not..like they shouldnt cancel the entire week at once if there close to knowing about a reopen date. unless of course they know june is out of the question for them already

I think it’s a “heads up” that things will be changing. Restrictions on capacity will create changes in how passes can be used. I expect fastpasses to change.
I also wonder if it's a possibility that they open to DVC first to get out of the hole they are in with the backlog of points? Those cancellations have only been done a week ahead, so some of the June dates are still active...

I have a July tripped booked and was able to make FP reservations this week. I noticed that night time shows, regular shows and meet and greets were all available options. I know many were saying those types of things would be gone for a while. You would think if that was the case those would have been wiped clean from the system already.

i took it as even though u cant do anything before july that they are putting it out there again that things can change as far as operations possibly resuming earlier without having to say it. but also it can be later as well.

I do wonder what the international crowds will be like when it opens. I haven't been to WDW in years, but I remember a lot of UK and Brazilian tourists. Neither country is doing great with COVID-19 now, especially Brazil, but I don't know how flights look or if there is a required quarantine on arrival (probably not in Florida).

I do wonder what the international crowds will be like when it opens. I haven't been to WDW in years, but I remember a lot of UK and Brazilian tourists. Neither country is doing great with COVID-19 now, especially Brazil, but I don't know how flights look or if there is a required quarantine on arrival (probably not in Florida).

Foreign nationals in the Schengen area, UK and Ireland are banned from traveling to the US currently. As osufeth24 stated, apparently Brazil may be banned soon.

U.K. airports are open and our international borders are fully open, although there is talk of introducing a 14 day quarantine period from, I think, 7 June (talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted). At the moment the U.K. FCO is advising against all but essential international travel which basically voids any travel insurance and makes holiday travel unfeasible. The US government is still issuing ESTAs but they come with a warning that if we attempt to enter the US the ESTA will be cancelled. There are rumours that merely providing your airline with Advance Passenger Information is sufficient to trigger a cancellation of the ESTA. The US Embassy in London is not issuing visas, so things like Camp America, which rely heavily on European youngsters for US summer camps are struggling. I think that entry to the US is only permitted through certain airports.
Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England have quite different ‘lockdown’ rules, with England having the most freedom. At the moment English people are not allowed to travel to Wales or Scotland (I am not sure about NI). Wales is basically still in full lockdown mode, although our infection/death figures are low.
I have a flight booked for 1 July and I am remaining gloriously optimistic. 😂

I understand they’re likely to start at 20-30%... but even just 50% capacity is a “normal” day at Disney and they definitely need CP for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter