• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summer 2013 - Asian Invasion: "LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS..." UPDATE x1 01/07/'14

August 23rd, 2013 - Part 1: "Cause I'm gonna make this place your home."

Today we all woke up at seven a.m.

I decided that because it was our first official day in Disney, I would dress Duffy in his only stylish outfit. He’s gotta be rockin’ a nice look for such a big day full of activities and whatnot. And besides, bears don’t sweat so the leather coat and goggles wouldn’t kill him from hyperthermia like it would the rest of us.

ry%3D400

We then had breakfast and hit the road.

Barely ten minutes into the last leg of our traveling adventure did we spot one of the first Disney billboards on the trip. I was through the moon already which means that this only heightened my excitement. No one else in my family (obviously including McKenna) had been on the newly redesigned attraction but me and I was SO excited to show them everything it had to offer, eventually.

ry%3D400

McKenna and I took a good excited selfie. She was just as excited as me because honestly, who wouldn’t be? It was her first time crossing over into Disney property and that’s a big moment!

ry%3D400

Look! An Expedition Everest billboard spotted in its natural habitat!

ry%3D400

Passing by SeaWorld brought back really good memories and a tinge of sadness because we wouldn’t be visiting Shamu this vacation. When I was younger I wanted to be a marine biologist, so going to SeaWorld was like a dream come true. We’ll eventually return but until then, SeaWorld, you will be missed.

ry%3D400

The road signs slowly began to appear and I swear, I didn’t know it was physically possible to become even more excited than I already was. I was almost crying tears of joy. Almost.

ry%3D400

Our first stop was to be Downtown Disney and we already had a laundry list of things we had to take care of. Starting the day off with Disney merchandise is always the best way to do it!

ry%3D400

The last roadside sign before we entered the gates of heaven.

ry%3D400

I knew they were coming but I still wasn’t prepared. Funny story, we missed the exit to Disney and had to turn around and re-enter the area. Lame.

Finally, the entrance to my real home came into sight. We saw it from just around the (river)bend. Mom was getting everything on video and I was up in the front of the R.V. documenting everything with my camera.

That moment when you pass under those gates is unlike any other, I swear. Everything fades away and you know more than anything else that your troubles with reality are on pause for only a short period of time. You know that it’s key to take advantage of as many opportunities as you can within those gates and everyone’s in sync. It’s the place where dreams come true for a reason and I just can’t wait (to be king) for the day I get to say I live there and not be joking. Until then, these temporary vacations will have to be enough, haha.

ry%3D400

As we drove through the streets of the place I call home, I became more at peace.

Eventually, the entrance to Downtown Disney Marketplace came in sight and I was just ready to get out, stretch my legs, and shop.

ry%3D400

First stop? Arribas Brothers! It was right next to the Photopass area where I needed to get my Photopass+ lanyard but we spent a reasonable amount of time browsing first.

Mom ordered our family some personalized Arribas Brothers cups. I chose a big glass cup with Figment and the Epcot logo on it with my name in script font on the other side.

I had to immediately show McKenna my favorite piece in the entire shop, the model Cinderella Castle all in Swarovski crystals. She saw it and said, “This costs more than the new car my family just bought.” I just laughed because it’s seriously worth that much money. But it’s so beautiful! I wonder if they could gift wrap that for me for a surprise birthday present.

ry%3D400

I took a photo of this very large Sorcerer Mickey figurine for Abe because I missed him and Sorcerer Mickey was his favorite Mickey (if that makes sense).

ry%3D400

Here’s another figurine I took a picture of for my fellow Disnerd. He’s basically in love with Ariel (no shame) and this is no exception!

ry%3D400

This Cheshire Cat reminded me of my dear Alex which meant that a picture was automatically needed. It’s just so beautiful and zany.

ry%3D400

When I saw this really cute watch display, I immediately delved into “Evaluation Mode”. I had a pre-made budget and list of everything I was on the hunt for throughout this trip and a watch was one of the biggest items. These were officially in the running for possible purchase! How trendy.

ry%3D400

It’s the “Fab Five” plus an extra Mickey! They were just so adorable and that Sorcerer Mickey made me think, "Abe". Not to mention the very nice display formation.

ry%3D400

This very large glass figure of Peter Pan and his friends in flight immediately made me think of the Wonderland-Pan float in Celebrate A Dream Come True (Rest in Peace). I also thought of Alex and her crazy love for all things Neverland.

ry%3D400

We stumbled across this huge gargoyle and I was just utterly impressed with his form and stature. So regal and very intricate.

ry%3D400

Though my ears weren’t (and still aren’t) pierced, I was immediately attracted to these magic lamp earrings. Not only do I LOVE Aladdin, but they were just so shiny. Talk about diamonds in the rough!

ry%3D400

Eventually, we all made our way over to the Photopass area to activate my Photopass+ card so we could start making memories as soon as possible! This was very exciting.

ry%3D400

While waiting in a somewhat slow-moving line, I was very comforted by the little details that only Disney manages to throw in here and there. Mickey is everywhere and I honestly love that so much.

ry%3D400

We waited in line for about thirty to forty-five minutes but I was in a more than extraordinary mood, so seeing this sign only made me happier to be home where we call all of the employees Cast Members.

ry%3D400

After getting my Photopass+ card and everything that came with it, we were off!

We had decided that we’d be back to the R.V. (where Grandma and Grandpa were peacefully napping) by twelve o’clock noon. We had a solid two and a half hours to explore Downtown Disney. I often forgot that we also had an entire day off from the parks dedicated to Downtown Disney and relaxing. But oh well, why not take every minute as if it was your first and last?

We passed the World of Disney which is legitimately my favorite store in all of Downtown Disney. I love it so much. McKenna and I decided not to go in until the end of our adventure at DTD that day because we both knew I would never leave if we went in.

ry%3D400

The delicious aromas wafting from the Ghirardelli shop and soda fountain were so enticing but we resisted (just barely). I HAD to get a picture for Abe because his soul mate is chocolate. It’s fine.

ry%3D400

Before we headed to our next destination, I made McKenna look at some of World of Disney’s really adorable window displays. We also had a friend that was in love with Buzz Lightyear so this was for her.

ry%3D400

Soon enough, it was time to keep moving on because we had an appointment with a very loveable dinosaur!

Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter