WDW Summer 2013 - Asian Invasion: "LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS..." UPDATE x1 01/07/'14

meyemai

Future DCP
Testing 1,2,3!

Hey everyone, I'm MaiLei and I feel honored to call Disney World my home. Sadly, I don't actually live there (yet). I'm new to all of this so I'm just testing everything out to see how it works. I'm starting a trip report because I'm leaving for home in 85 days making it my twelfth time and I needed a way to remember every moment. THEREFORE, writing it all down and then updating it for my fellow Disney lovers and friends to see makes everything more accessible.

553069_4071098674574_2005235854_n.jpg

Ten Disney Things You Should Know About Me
1) My favorite Pixar movie is UP and my favorite Pixar character is Dug the Dog. He will always have a special place in my heart.
2) My favorite Disney princess pre-millennium is a tie between Jasmine and Ariel.
3) I've been to Disney World eleven times. Soon to be twelve! :)
4) My favorite post-millennium princess is Tiana.
5) My Disney property transportation of choice is the monorail. If I could own one, I would.
6) My favorite prince is a tie between Phillip (Sleeping Beauty), Aladdin, and Naveen (Princess and the Frog)
7) I have two DBFs (Disney Best Friends), Alex and Abe who share my love for Disney like no one else. They'll be frequently mentioned in my posts.
8) I have a legitimate obsession with Disney movie and park music. I have over 300 Disney songs ranging from Fantasmic exit music to You've Got A Friend In Me.
9) I plan on doing the Disney College Program 2016 Fall Advantage Program with my DBFs.
10) My favorite character to meet in the parks is Peter Pan.

I was just recently home in April over Spring Break and it was definitely one of my favorite trips. It was shorter than normal but I adjusted!

I'm bringing along my best friend and partner in crime, McKenna who is indeed a first timer. I can't express how excited I am to be the person who shows her Disney for the first time. It'll be an experience she'll never forget. I absolutely love watching the faces of people who have never been there before when they see a nighttime show or parade or meet a character for the first time. It's absolutely priceless. I seem kind of Disney crazy but she'll understand, eventually.

Here's the link to the Table of Contents with the rest of my posts and future updates to come for convenience purposes. Enjoy!

425931_3274055428991_105911021_n.jpg

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Boring Preliminary Stuff

Introductory: Testing 1, 2, 3!
My Band of Disney Goers (People You Should Know)

Pre-Trip

June
June 1st, 2013 (Part 1): Gaining More Experience!
June 1st, 2013 (Part 2): If You Couldn't Tell, I'm A Bit Inexperienced...
June 1st, 2013 (Part 3): Creative Ways To Keep Up With Me
June 5th, 2013: Happy 80 Days!
June 11th, 2013: Complete and Utter Impatience
June 22nd, 2013: Ten Weeks To Go and a Special Shout Out

July
July 2nd, 2013: Let's Talk Dining!
July 9th, 2013 (Part 1): Seven Weeks to Go and I'm Ready NOW!
July 9th, 2013 (Part 2): A Very Merry Birthday and Six Weeks To Celebrate!
July 11th, 2013: It's Slowly All Coming Together
July 18th, 2013: Under Five Weeks and Counting!
July 21st, 2013: (Less Than) One Month!
July 24th, 2013: Four Weeks, Four Parks? It's Meant To Be! Park of the Week: Disney's Animal Kingdom
July 31st, 2013: 20 Days and Counting!
July 31st, 2013 (Part 2): Four Weeks, Four Parks! Park of the Week: Disney's Hollywood Studios

August
August 7th, 2013: Lucky Number Thirteen, Resorts, and Four Weeks, Four Parks!
August 14th, 2013: One Week Until I Begin to Make My Way Home :)
August 19th, 2013: One More Night

The Adventure
August 20th, 2013 - Part 1: Getting Up Early Is Not Fun...At All
August 20th, 2013 - Part 2: First Food Photos and Night Swimming
December 20th, 2013 - Touching Base and Happy Holidays!
August 21st, 2013 - Part 1: Introducing McKenna to August Heat in the South
August 21st, 2013 - Part 2: Almost, Almost There!
August 22nd, 2013 - Part 1: Arriving in Atlanta!
August 22nd, 2013 - Part 2: Exploring the World of CNN and More
August 22nd, 2013 - Part 3: Welcome to the Sunshine State; have some orange juice!
August 23rd, 2013 - Part 1: "Cause I'm gonna make this place your home."

Post-Trip Check-In!
Mixed Emotions

What You Can Read Until This Trip Arrives: My trip report from Spring Break (2013), LUCKY NUMBER ELEVEN! And this time, we brought newbies!

I also recommend this adorable TR written by one of my amazing DBFs, Alex, in regards to her recent WDW trip in June! And at Last I See the Light...Or at Least the Tangled Bathrooms!

My Band of Disney Goers (People You Should Know)

This is a nice little roster of all the people involved in this trip. Then you, the reader, will be able to connect a face with a name and the entire reading experience will be enhanced. QUALITY!

My little sister Hannah is currently ten years old. This was her fourth trip to Disney World. Her previous vacations being in 2005, 2007, and 2009. For a ten year old, I'd have to say that's not too shabby. Her favorite princesses are Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and Ariel (The Little Mermaid). She's prone to obsessing over Disney Channel and the popular Disney Junior show, Sofia the First. But what kind of Disney raised child would she be if it wasn't a daily part of her life?

ry%3D400

For short, I call her my Soul Sister, Other Asian, or Partner In Crime. But in this TR, she'll be known as McKenna. My best friend and fellow adventurer throughout the duration of this amazing trip. Some basics: her absolute favorite Disney character is Pooh Bear, her favorite Disney cat is Tigger, favorite princess is a toss up between Merida and Jasmine, loves the color red, has never been to Florida or anywhere near the World until now. PS: You'll be seeing more pictures of this girl (or selfies of us both) than anyone else, haha. Give me a camera while I'm bored and it's a lethal combination.

ry%3D400

My mom is the one who got me hooked on Disney at the mere age of two years old. I mean, how else could I have gone so many times? Her two favorite Disney characters are Grumpy and Eeyore because she can relate to them the most, her number one favorite daytime show on property is The Festival of the Lion King, IllumiNations is her favorite nighttime spectacular, and her favorite park is Epcot. She did a marvelous job of making sure we had tickets, a place to stay, and food in our tummies all while being on vacation.

ry%3D400

These are my grandparents, who will be addressed as "grandma" and "grandpa" in this TR. They've been to Disney World so many times within their life that they've lost count. My grandma is always so charmed by Main Street U.S.A. that it's kept her coming back since 1971. Grandpa is the pioneer of the 'ship' (aka R.V.) and without him, we probably would've never left home. He was so excited to experience this entire adventure as long as we were all happy, therefore making him happy. I couldn't ask for a better set of grandparents. (P.S.: I promise there will be better pictures of them to come, but I didn't want to use the really good ones for this intro thing.)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And last, but certainly not least, are my Disney 'Bumberwumps' (as we like to address each other), Abe and Alex. I don't think any two people in the world could understand how much I love Disney more than these two. Though they couldn't physically accompany McKenna and I on this journey, they tagged along in spirit. And probably would've stowed away in the R.V. had I let them. We plan on participating in the Disney College Program together and have one of the most irreplaceable friendships I could ever dream of. If you would like to read about the trip to the World that I took with them (and thirty seven other people our age), click here.

1005562_4311370721225_1570648581_n.jpg

Back to the Table of Contents!

GAINING MORE EXPERIENCE!

Hello friends! Seeing the fact that I'm new to all of this (trip reports and what not), I've been convinced and have decided to make a trip report for my last journey home. It took place from April 2nd, 2013 to the 7th. It'll be interesting! I mean, I have enough pictures to last me a lifetime x2. SO LET'S DO THIS. I'll link it eventually because I'm keeping this trip report separate for my upcoming adventure in August. SEIZE THE DAY. (Newsies 5eva)

NEXT POST

IF YOU COULDN'T TELL, I'M A BIT INEXPERIENCED. BUT I PROMISE IT'LL GET BETTER!

So I have 84 days until I return home and I'm already in ultimate planning mode. Actually, I've been in planning mode since I had 112 days to go BUT THAT'S NOT RELEVANT. This August, we're staying at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground because we have an RV and we wanted to stay on property. PERFECT MATCH. IT'S LIKE IT'S MEANT TO BE. I plan on taking a friendship boat for the first time while there. It's kind of insane to think that I've never usedd a friendship boat before in all of the eleven times that I've gone...hmm...

I won't consistently update this thread until I get closer to my trip but feel free to check back as the month of August approaches (I know it seems like forever away!) to see what I'm up to, trip-wise. Time to go write my trip report for Spring Break! You can take a look at that by clicking HERE!
:cool1:

NEXT POST

CREATIVE WAYS TO KEEP UP WITH ME WHEN I GET TOO LAZY TO UPDATE ON HERE!

So I have 84 days to go until I leave on my trip. And I don't have anything necessarily exciting to post until we get closer to the end of July, beginning of August. SO. Some good ways to keep up with me and all of my Disnerding look something like this:
Twitter: @meyemai
Instagram: @meyemai
Tumblr: disneybumberwump
I promise that almost everything I post is Disney-centric. I'm kind of a freak in that way.

NEXT POST

HAPPY 80 DAYS!

WHOOOOOOO! We officially have 80 days until we leave for Disney and I couldn't be more excited. I'M SO PUMPED. I'M ON A LITTLE BIT OF A DISNEY HIGH BUT THAT'S OKAY. Now that Summer is (almost) basically here, I can go crazy with planning and prepping. NOT TO MENTION THAT TODAY I GOT MY FIRST VINYLMATION!

6738_4266699564474_1692647154_n.jpg

I'm super excited to hit up Downtown Disney once we're there so I can buy Minnie some friends. Being a lone Vinylmation can get boring at times! But it's not like she would know...I mean, I've only had her for eight hours. I CAN'T WAIT.

NEXT POST

Complete and Utter Impatience

I can't even explain how much I want to leave for Disney World already. School's only one and a half days away from being done and I'm going stir crazy! :snail: I'm not sure I can wait another 76 days. AHHHHHHH.

9wvf4agsjx2b7j0g.png

NEXT POST

Ten Weeks To Go and a Special Shout Out

Today officially marks the ten week or seventy day mark until my August trip. I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to smell that Disney air and just take it all in. BUT until then, I would like to make a very special shout out to my dear friend Alex. She will be checking in for her twelfth Disney trip later on today at Pop Century. I wish her the best endeavors and amazing luck. I can't wait to see her when she returns because I know she'll have a million things to share. :) I LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS DISNEY EXPERIENCE.

548999_4074631562894_925745494_n.jpg

NEXT POST

Let's Talk Dining!

Yesterday, I celebrated our 60 day mark to the trip by going to see Monsters University with friends. Absolutely phenomenal. I teared up a little bit at the end.

10570_669836299699897_142664635_n.jpg

And Art makes my life. No big deal.

477112_648364175180443_483032755_o.jpg

It's been my 'goal' kind of thing to update this trip report every ten days or so. I have all of our dining finalized! WHICH IS THE BEST BECAUSE DISNEY DINING > ALL DINING. Not to be frank or anything. But, it's the Gospel Truth. Ha. Get it? So here's how it's gonna go.

Aug. 23rd - Check in and ADR at Trails End at Fort Wilderness Campground for dinner.

imga0128_450x340.jpg

Aug. 25th - Lunch at Be Our Guest

BeOurGuestRestaurant-3-600x397.jpg

Aug. 27th - Lunch ADR at Les Chefs de France

Dining-Room-by-Day.jpg

Aug. 29th - Lunch ADR at Crystal Palace with Pooh Bear and his Hundred Acre friends.

8564067.jpg

I'M JUST SO EXCITED. I just can't wait (to be king) to go home. I've been reasonably patient but now we're getting into the 50s, countdown wise and I couldn't be more excited (that's an understatement). As Tigger would say, TTFN! :)

NEXT POST

Seven Weeks To Go and I'm Ready NOW!

Well today I have exactly seven weeks until I leave for Disney. I'm SO EXCITED. Excuse me while I freak out.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THIS NEEDS TO COME FASTER. I'M READY NOW. FLAKSDJFLK;SDAFJ;SLADKFJLKASD. CHARACTERS AND FOOD AND MERCHANDISE AND LIVE SHOWS AND MUSIC AND THE DISNEY ATMOSPHERE. AHHHHHHHHHH.

Okay. I'm good. Whew. Breathe.

I've been reading tons and tons and tons of articles and whatnot about character meet and greets lately. If there's anything in Disney that I would say is my favorite, it would definitely be Character Experiences. They're on a personal level that nothing else can beat.

483435_10200766430460068_480843823_n.jpg

I tend to be an over planner. I always need to stop and say to myself, "You can't plan this much. You don't know what the circumstances will be like when you're there. There are other people involved. Breathe."

Yeah. I'm pretty cool, right?

I also have a passion for Disney merchandise. Wow. Way to be tourist, right? Yeah I'm okay with that. I have so much that I want to buy for all of my friends and family. I'll have enough money to purchase everything I'll need but there are just so many things that would totally make my friends' lives.

The Emporium is my favorite store on Disney property. Quickly followed by (or almost tied with) the World of Disney store.

4322714215_5a912eee6b.jpg

Confession: Listening to the Dream Along with Mickey soundtrack while writing this does not help my level of excitement at all. I may or may not have downloaded the DAWM, Celebrate A Dream Come True, and Main Street Electrical Parade soundtracks...

dream-along-with-mickey-00.jpg

I appreciate the people who read my updates this early on because in all honesty, they're not that interesting. They're just me geeking out several weeks in advance. I PROMISE they'll slowly become more interesting as time passes, haha.

For now, I'll just be here. Loving Dream Along with Mickey and waiting for my trip to arrive.

"Gosh Minnie, you've always been a princess to me!" - Mickey in DAWM!

NEXT POST

July 9th, 2013: A Very Merry Birthday and Six Weeks To Celebrate!

364 days a year, it is one's unbirthday. But today, we're celebrating McKenna's actual birthday! Happy birthday to her!

7798_4310340775477_1158538773_n.jpg

She and I will be departing for Disney World in exactly six weeks from today. That's so ridiculously exciting! Ahhhhh! I plan on spending today and tomorrow with the birthday girl. I can't wait to leave for our trip, though. I'm seriously already making a packing list...but there's nothing wrong with that, right? It's time to go get ready to celebrate my gurl's special day. Until next week, adios!

NEXT POST

It's Slowly All Coming Together

It's official. As of July 9th, our entire trip was completely paid for. All of our ADRs have been confirmed and we even reserved a scooter for my grandmother to be delivered on property to us the day we check in. IT'S ALL READY.

Disney's_Fort_Wilderness_Resort_and_Campground_sign_at_night.jpg

Today is the 40 day mark to our departure and my excitement just keeps growing every second. Sigh. I really can't wait any second longer. I may just die of impatience and a love for Disney World. Is that wrong? I think not!

keep-calm-and-think-disney.jpg

We decided that on our day 'off', we'll be visiting Downtown Disney in the morning. Then, we'll have sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich and head over to Ghirardelli for some delicious ice cream and chocolate for dessert. IT'S ALL SO CLOSE TO BEING PLANNED OUT PLAY BY PLAY. LIKE OH MY DISNEY. Whew. In the wise words of Hades, "I'm cool, I'm cool."

disney_front.jpg

NEXT POST

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a great trip! Me and WildernessExplorer04 will be lonely Disneying without you when you leave. But we understand its Disney:)

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a great trip! Me and WildernessExplorer04 will be lonely Disneying without you when you leave. But we understand its Disney:)
Aww I can't wait to come back and share all of my amazingly Disney-esque adventures with everyone. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Adventure is out there!

Under Five Weeks and Counting!

So two days ago, it was the five week mark to our trip departure. My mother was so excited for the trip that she went out and bought literally ALL of our hygienic products like five weeks in advance. So now, I have my Disney Performing Arts Bag filled with shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, a new tooth brush, and deodorant. Which is crazy because we still have FIVE (almost FOUR) weeks left!

hygiene-products.jpg

In all honesty, I'm freaking out internally almost all the time. My friends and I are in a summer play but that's coming to a close after this Saturday so I'll be able to focus on Disney, haha. I'M SO EXCITED.

I even set up a food budget so I would know how much money I'd be spending on certain things. My food list consists of:

1) A Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake from Starring Roles Cafe at Hollywood Studios

4733d1290450673-red-velvet-cheesecake-cupcake-starring-rolls-cafe-red-2bvelvet-2bcheesecake-2bcupcake-2b-252810-10-2529.jpg

2) A Carrot Cake Cookie from the Writer's Stop at Hollywood Studios

carrot_cake_cookie.jpg

3) A Citrus Swirl Dole Whip Soft Serve from Aloha Isle in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_2929.jpg

4) A Pineapple Dole Whip Float from Aloha Isle as well!

dolewhipfloat.jpg

5) A Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar from the Magic Kingdom

images

6) Le Fou's Brew in a Belle Goblet from Gaston's Tavern because I own Gaston's Stein from my trip in April. :) THEN I'LL HAVE A MATCHING SET.

1102ZY_0300MS-640x426.jpg

6) A Mango Smoothie from the new Main Street Bakery and Starbucks

Main-Street-Bakery_Full_18837.jpg

7) Beignets from the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort area

tumblr_mjg3ckfXMY1rzxvpbo1_500.jpg

8) Norwegian School Bread from Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe at Norway in World Showcase

6435077621_db27743756.jpg

9) Chocolate Mousse from the Boulangerie Patisserie at the France Pavilion in World Showcase

chocolate-mousse.jpg

10) Crepes au Chocolat from Crepes des Les Chefs de France

Crepes-des-Chefs-de-France.jpg

AND GUESS WHAT? ALL OF THAT COMBINED COSTS UNDER $50 WHICH IS CRAZY. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I couldn't be more excited to go home! Until next Tuesday, au revoir!

NEXT POST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter