WDW Stay & Cruise

Shazzie B

DIS Veteran
We are considering a 7-9 day stay at WDW followed by a 7 day cruise. Does anyone know if you're better booking the two different parts seperately or as a 'Stay & Cruise' (is that what it's called?) package.

Thinking both of price & flexibility, does which WDW hotel you stay at denote what type of cabin you get etc?

Any advice, tips would be great, Thank you.
(P.S. travel group is 2 mature couples from UK, no kids travelling with us and thinking of Sept 2020).

I was told when I booked my first WDW/disney cruise vacation that if you booked it as a true land/sea you were not able to take advantage of any offers at disney like room only discounts or free dining. No way am I paying rack rate so we book both portions as a separate vacation. For us, we are planning our second 4 day cruise we booked deluxe family oceanview. to get a room with a verandah at $350 more for 4 days is just not worth it, we get the deluxe family oceanview, it sleeps all 5 of us and the porthole is nearly floor to ceiling with a padded seat. If you are doing a 7 day or an alaska I would venture a guess that a verandah is a must. go on disney site and look around, an agent can not get you a better deal than you can get yourself. A TA can get you onboard ship credit which may be worth your while. Disney resorts have 3 levels value, moderate and deluxe. They are all good options its all up to preference and budget. We stayed beach club and yacht club our first two trips and they are amazing deluxes, largest sand bottom pool in the country! This next trip over easter we are staying at the moderate caribbean beach resort for the first time since I was a little girl it is layed out more like a motel where the doors open to the outside instead of like a hotel hallway. For us, we never spend much time in our room so spending a crazy ammount on a resort doesnt make sense. hope all this makes sense.

I was told when I booked my first WDW/disney cruise vacation that if you booked it as a true land/sea you were not able to take advantage of any offers at disney like room only discounts or free dining. No way am I paying rack rate so we book both portions as a separate vacation. For us, we are planning our second 4 day cruise we booked deluxe family oceanview. to get a room with a verandah at $350 more for 4 days is just not worth it, we get the deluxe family oceanview, it sleeps all 5 of us and the porthole is nearly floor to ceiling with a padded seat. If you are doing a 7 day or an alaska I would venture a guess that a verandah is a must. go on disney site and look around, an agent can not get you a better deal than you can get yourself. A TA can get you onboard ship credit which may be worth your while. Disney resorts have 3 levels value, moderate and deluxe. They are all good options its all up to preference and budget. We stayed beach club and yacht club our first two trips and they are amazing deluxes, largest sand bottom pool in the country! This next trip over easter we are staying at the moderate caribbean beach resort for the first time since I was a little girl it is layed out more like a motel where the doors open to the outside instead of like a hotel hallway. For us, we never spend much time in our room so spending a crazy ammount on a resort doesnt make sense. hope all this makes sense.
Perfect sense thank you; we've stayed at various WDW resorts but we're thinking of a value or moderate this time as a shorter stay will mean we're in a park longer during the day than we usually are. We can then spend more on the cruise :thumbsup2

I could be wrong, but I dont think there are land and sea packages anymore. We're doing similar in a couple of weeks, and just booked each portions separately.

We are staying 4 nights before our Fantasy cruise in March at the Yacht Club. When we are off the cruise, we are staying 2 nights at the Beach Club before heading home to cold Wisconsin. We booked each separately and took advantage of the spring specials.

I could be wrong, but I dont think there are land and sea packages anymore. We're doing similar in a couple of weeks, and just booked each portions separately.
OP is from UK. They have different packages and such than is available in the US. While Disney does not sell land/sea packages in the US, they may sell them in UK. I don't know.

OP, booking them separately is not a big deal, honestly. There is a shuttle that you can book through Disney Cruise that will take you to and from Disney World and the port (can book one way or round trip).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!