WDW rooms now discounted on Orbitz

DisMommyTX

DIS Veteran
Disney resort rooms finally started appearing for 2017 on Orbitz and other travel sites yesterday. Looks like a $25 cancellation fee until 5 days out. Orbitz currently has many rooms available at the same rates as the Fun & Sun Room only offers on Disney's site, but a few room categories seem to be at lower rates as well. These can be combined with the often available 15% promo codes on bookings of 2+ nights. Current working code "THANKS15" expires tomorrow.

Have fun, save money!

Yay!
I have a coworker wanting to book. I will tell her to look out for a promo code for her dates.
Thanks for posting!

Sorry for the stupid question, but where do you put the promo code in at?

If I book on this site and free dining is offered by Disney, will I be able to add it to my reservation?

If I book on this site and free dining is offered by Disney, will I be able to add it to my reservation?
No. The Free Dining promotion requires you to book a room & ticket package at rack rate through Disney.

FYI, Disney resort rooms booked on non-Disney sites can be linked to your My Disney Experience account, along with tickets purchased from Undercover Tourist and many others. Then, you can reserve FP+ 60 days in advance, book Disney's Magical Express from the airport, and take advantage of extra magic hours. However, it is not possible to add a dining plan to rooms originally booked on other sites. No way, ever.

I'm seriously considering this as it would save us money from our current booking for this summer. How would I link the reservation on MDE? I have only ever booked directly through Disney before. Thanks in advance for your help!

Where DO you put the promo code? I miss the old format when you put it in first.

I'm seriously considering this as it would save us money from our current booking for this summer. How would I link the reservation on MDE? I have only ever booked directly through Disney before. Thanks in advance for your help!
If you have the disney reservation number, you would enter it in MDX under My Reservations and Tickets. If you only have the Orbitz reservation number, call disney and get it. If you give the last name on the res, the check in date, and the resort name, they can find it starting about 24 hours after you book it.

I have booked thru orbitz using the additional money off twice and it has worked out perfectly both times!

Thanks so much for posting this OP! DD has a 4 night trip the week before Easter for Disney's Soft Ball Spring Training with her high school team. DH and I want to tag along and are trying to figure out the cheapest way to go. Last time I went with them I got the group rate - $950 for 4 nights in a shared room, quick service dining and 3 day hopper tickets.

DH and I already have 10 day nonexpiring tickets with many days left and $500 in Disney gift cards. $600 for 4 nights at All Star Sports beats $1900 for the group rate package for 2 people!

Grrrrrrrr...
DH made me wait to book because he wanted to talk to the softball coach, and he dragged his feet. Now the rate for All Star Sports is the regular room rate of $179 with 15% off, not the Summer Fun rate of $152 then 15% off. Cost an extra $100 bucks now, and booking through WDW is $20 cheaper! Rats!!!!!

Grrrrrrrr...
DH made me wait to book because he wanted to talk to the softball coach, and he dragged his feet. Now the rate for All Star Sports is the regular room rate of $179 with 15% off, not the Summer Fun rate of $152 then 15% off. Cost an extra $100 bucks now, and booking through WDW is $20 cheaper! Rats!!!!!

Don't you just hate that?!! We are planning a 4 nt stay over President's Day weekend and hesitated in making the reservation. Disney ended their "up to 25% off" promo which I thought wouldn't matter because we're booking our room through Chase so we can pay with points. I didn't want to rush into something and it was my first time using Chase UR points to book travel. The inventory kept changing.
It turns out the prices listed on the Chase website directly correlate to Disney's prices so the day after the sale ended, the prices shot up. So we could have saved a lot, pretty much be able to stay deluxe with minimal oop but no. Had to pay $800 oop for BWI.
Ugh! Why did I hesitate??!! I should have just jumped on it.

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts and can switch to the Swan with $0 oop but there's a $25 change/cancellation fee and Swan charges $25/day resort fee and need to buy ground transfers. Still a prime location but I'm still kicking myself for hesitating.

Don't you just hate that?!! We are planning a 4 nt stay over President's Day weekend and hesitated in making the reservation. Disney ended their "up to 25% off" promo which I thought wouldn't matter because we're booking our room through Chase so we can pay with points. I didn't want to rush into something and it was my first time using Chase UR points to book travel. The inventory kept changing.
It turns out the prices listed on the Chase website directly correlate to Disney's prices so the day after the sale ended, the prices shot up. So we could have saved a lot, pretty much be able to stay deluxe with minimal oop but no. Had to pay $800 oop for BWI.
Ugh! Why did I hesitate??!! I should have just jumped on it.

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts and can switch to the Swan with $0 oop but there's a $25 change/cancellation fee and Swan charges $25/day resort fee and need to buy ground transfers. Still a prime location but I'm still kicking myself for hesitating.
I know how you feel. The only saving grace is that if I had booked All Star Sports, I'd have booked the wrong hotel. 2 years ago they stayed at All Star Sports, but we just found out that this year they are staying at Pop Century. Pop is even more expensive that AS Sports!

I know how you feel. The only saving grace is that if I had booked All Star Sports, I'd have booked the wrong hotel. 2 years ago they stayed at All Star Sports, but we just found out that this year they are staying at Pop Century. Pop is even more expensive that AS Sports!
Yeah, Pop's prices keep going up-up-up!

Quick update...

We ended up not booking onsite. We traded our timeshare for Vacation Village at Parkway for $230 for the whole week. We'll drive our own car down, spending less than $200 on gas. We already have no expire hoppers and $500 in Disney Gift cards for food. We'll only be 5 minutes away from the team, and we'll save so much money! DD starts college in a few short months (DS is already in college); we need to save where we can.

The team rate Disney package for DH & me in a room (includes: 4 nights at Pop, 3 day hoppers, dining plan, ESPN admission) with bus transportation from Virginia was $2350. Booking 4 nights at Pop (Sun & Fun room only) and bus transportation from Virginia was $1134 total for 2 people.

Quick update...

We ended up not booking onsite. We traded our timeshare for Vacation Village at Parkway for $230 for the whole week. We'll drive our own car down, spending less than $200 on gas. We already have no expire hoppers and $500 in Disney Gift cards for food. We'll only be 5 minutes away from the team, and we'll save so much money! DD starts college in a few short months (DS is already in college); we need to save where we can.

The team rate Disney package for DH & me in a room (includes: 4 nights at Pop, 3 day hoppers, dining plan, ESPN admission) with bus transportation from Virginia was $2350. Booking 4 nights at Pop (Sun & Fun room only) and bus transportation from Virginia was $1134 total for 2 people.
Smart, smart move!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter