WDW Marathon Waivers Are (sort of) Up!

I'm running the Goofy and according to the waiver I'm bib# 21326. I did submit a time from a marathon I did in October, which was 4:22.50. This will be my 11th marathon but first time running Goofy (this will also be a family vacation) so the goal is just to have fun and take lots of pictures.

Honestly, I'm not really concerned where I'm at in the corrals, I just didn't want to be in the last one, which I know I'm not based on my previous marathon finish time.

You are most definitely not in the last corral... maybe a quarter of the way from the front.

Was the full the same approximate range last year? If so, I moved WAY up - last year I was 10854. This year I'm 6747!

Was the full the same approximate range last year? If so, I moved WAY up - last year I was 10854. This year I'm 6747!

Part of what you are seeing is a pushing of 2500 or so runners out into another race. Think of it as 12 this year verses 15k last year running the full alone. Or, you could look at it as a really cool increase in speed.

Got both my #s and they seem a tad higher than I figured with the new 'time regulations' (and with my proof of time loosing 10 min since my PR 'aged out' date wise) but Ill take it :)

Got 44630 for the half and 61721 for the 10k-

-em

So I ended up with 7826 for the full. I'm thinking front of the last 1/3 of corrals? I sent in a half marathon time of 2:52. I was hoping for more of a buffer. I've been battling injury and finally did my 20-miler this past weekend at a 15m/m pace. . .very slow compared to the half in April, but what can you do after two knee injuries in 6 months?

The balloon ladies crossed the finish line in over 7 hours.

Once you get into HS they cannot sweep you...because they cannot drive vans into where the race is from that point. Having said that...that is close to the end anyway by a few miles.

The balloon ladies crossed the finish line in over 7 hours.

Once you get into HS they cannot sweep you...because they cannot drive vans into where the race is from that point. Having said that...that is close to the end anyway by a few miles.

I thought I saw a photo on marathonfoto where they were crossing in just about 7:02...their race time. The clock on top was well over 7 hours but one has to figure in the fact that the start clock was near 48 minutes before they crossed...

-----WARNING-------

With regard to the 'cannot', I advise the use of caution in believing runners are not swept. There are a couple runners on this board who have been swept in the last 5k of the marathon. The general rule is that if one is moving well they are left to finish once they turn backstage DHS. IT's due more to the fact that runners have left public roadways at that point than anything else. However, if you decide to stop for a few moments there is a likelihood that you will not be allowed to move forward if you are within the last 5k and well off the 16 minute pace.

So, in general, as long as you are making reasonable progress, you are usually left to finish the race once you are off Buena Vista Dr and back stage DHS.

Likewise, in the half, folks are usually allowed to continue going forward once they get off of World Dr in the half at about 10miles.

I thought I saw a photo on marathonfoto where they were crossing in just about 7:02...their race time. The clock on top was well over 7 hours but one has to figure in the fact that the start clock was near 48 minutes before they crossed...

-----WARNING-------

With regard to the 'cannot', I advise the use of caution in believing runners are not swept. There are a couple runners on this board who have been swept in the last 5k of the marathon. The general rule is that if one is moving well they are left to finish once they turn backstage DHS. IT's due more to the fact that runners have left public roadways at that point than anything else. However, if you decide to stop for a few moments there is a likelihood that you will not be allowed to move forward if you are within the last 5k and well off the 16 minute pace.

So, in general, as long as you are making reasonable progress, you are usually left to finish the race once you are off Buena Vista Dr and back stage DHS.

Likewise, in the half, folks are usually allowed to continue going forward once they get off of World Dr in the half at about 10miles.

I think that's what they meant. My brother had asked if they would sweep him since he said they passed him somewhere around HS...and they said no because he was in HS and the sweeper vans wouldn't be picking anyone up at that point...because they cannot drive in there.

That said though, I am sure it was under the condition that you keep going at your pace.

I think that's what they meant. My brother had asked if they would sweep him since he said they passed him somewhere around HS...and they said no because he was in HS and the sweeper vans wouldn't be picking anyone up at that point...because they cannot drive in there.

That said though, I am sure it was under the condition that you keep going at your pace.

I just warn folks who think no sweeps is an absolute after I learned of the two I am aware of. I used to be more firm that one is never swept.

Also, vans aren't really required in the last 5k stretch on course. We are only 50 feet off a road for most of the distance.

While the theory that you are safe once you get to the Studios is a good one, just keep in mind that you exit the park and go by the Studios parking lot before making the turn towards Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach. Not that I've heard of people getting swept there, but it is a place to consider...

Yikes...bib 744 - I am guessing corral A/B? I am very pleased and all, but that has really got me nervous now! Maybe shorter lines for characters though, right? :)

I am wondering when they put down our corrals...I am sure they will soon...

Meanwhile I know this guy who has done the Disney half the last few years...he is signed up for the Dopey this time around....he does the half in just about 2 hours (in Disney) and yet his bib number for the Dopey is quite a bit higher than mine! So I am not sure about these numbers...for the half he has been assigned to corals B and C in the last couple of years. Now with his bib number higher than mine, he will be behind me? My best time was just over 2:30 hours...strange...also considering we all signed up around the same time...back in the spring.

While the theory that you are safe once you get to the Studios is a good one, just keep in mind that you exit the park and go by the Studios parking lot before making the turn towards Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach. Not that I've heard of people getting swept there, but it is a place to consider...

OKay I stand corrected....he said the balloon ladies past him just after HS on that walking way around where the bridge is towards the Epcot resorts....somewhere on that path they passed him. He was scared they would sweep him since he was so close...but they said not at this point.
Not to say he wouldn't have been swept if he went any slower than what he was doing...but I think they meant, at his pace and considering how close he was , he wouldn't be.

Yikes...bib 744 - I am guessing corral A/B? I am very pleased and all, but that has really got me nervous now! Maybe shorter lines for characters though, right? :)

Good show. Right at the line for A/B... Don't be surprised to find a few photo op lines, but much charter than during the peak of the race.

I am wondering when they put down our corrals...I am sure they will soon...

Meanwhile I know this guy who has done the Disney half the last few years...he is signed up for the Dopey this time around....he does the half in just about 2 hours (in Disney) and yet his bib number for the Dopey is quite a bit higher than mine! So I am not sure about these numbers...for the half he has been assigned to corals B and C in the last couple of years. Now with his bib number higher than mine, he will be behind me? My best time was just over 2:30 hours...strange...also considering we all signed up around the same time...back in the spring.

I am sure they will this week or early the following week. It is usually the day of or the day or so after the day the waiver link is posted. We are still operating on a bootlegged link. My thoughts are the link will go up late next week at the earliest.

With regard to where he is located bib number-wise, it's hard to tell why his number is higher. Maybe he put in a longer estimated time, maybe he failed to provide proof, maybe he is only running the half. What is his number? I am curious to see where the end of the Dopey numbers end

[ADDED]
if his number is higher than 40k, he is running the half only.

I am sure they will this week or early the following week. It is usually the day of or the day or so after the day the waiver link is posted. We are still operating on a bootlegged link. My thoughts are the link will go up late next week at the earliest.

With regard to where he is located bib number-wise, it's hard to tell why his number is higher. Maybe he put in a longer estimated time, maybe he failed to provide proof, maybe he is only running the half. What is his number? I am curious to see where the end of the Dopey numbers end

[ADDED]
if his number is higher than 40k, he is running the half only.

His number was 38000 around there...but in the early 38000's...mine is the 34000 area.
That is quite a difference. I don't know if he put in a time but one would think Disney would go by previous times...

You have to put in a time, even if it's a Disney race you're using as proof. If he didn't do that, he's going to be starting pretty far back.

His number was 38000 around there...but in the early 38000's...mine is the 34000 area.
That is quite a difference. I don't know if he put in a time but one would think Disney would go by previous times...

No, Disney will not do the research for him. If you don't put in your own time, they will corral you in the back.

Agh! Getting excited. First WDW Marathon.

My "unofficial" bib # is 2164. Any guesses what corral that might be?

Nothing at all personal to the peeps involved, good for you guys but I'm somewhat frustrated I submitted a 2:07 10 mile proof of time, only to potentially be in the same corral as someone who did not submit a time at all. Which potentially, if RunDisney are true to their word, could be one of the last two :sad:
I guess this is the problem with the guessing game. Wishing I'd just waited until corrals were announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter