• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Marathon Waivers Are (sort of) Up!

6747 is almost exactly mid-pack - there are 13763 full-only runners, so half of that is 6882. Your corral has less than 700 full-only runners, but look how much larger the last couple corrals are, 2500+. The corrals can't be compared to last year.

Thanks. These new numbers take a bit of getting used to.

With my 2:24 half PR submitted and a bib # of 33513, I am in Corral J!!

With all the speculation going on about corrals in the past few days, I was guessing I would either be in J, K, or L, so I am happy! Now I just have to wait to hear from my friend who is running the marathon only, to see what his bib number is. I'm hoping we'll be able to start in the same corral that day. I think his PR is 2:22, so there is definitely a chance!

I hadn't seen it elsewhere, so here's the math on the total runners (Dopey, Goofy and Full Only) for the Marathon:

Elite 52
A 448
B 497
C 1011
D 1006
E 1018
F 1501
G 1500
H 1505
I 2009
J 2003
K 2007
L 2011
M 1980
N 1985
O 2486
P 3513
Total 26532

And here are the same numbers for the Half Marathon:

Elite 52
A 460
B 500
C 1003
D 1001
E 1001
F 1500
G 1499
H 1502
I 1998
J 1999
K 2001
L 1999
M 2001
N 2008
O 2497
P 3081
Total 26102

If it were me, and since you have no sweep concerns, I would start literally in the back, right next to the balloon ladies, and see how many people I can pass during the race. Think of how many thousands of people you would pass. Tens of thousands! Yep. I would totally do that.

I did that last year. Myself and my brother were literally the very last to cross the start lines...and the only people behind us were the balloon ladies...however my reasons for being in the WAY back of the WAY back of the H coral was because they were closer to the johns...other than that, when we cross the start line I could hear the balloon ladies shouting at people to move faster and my brother and I booked it.
I passed a few runners who were confused as to who the ladies with the balloons were and as I past them I told them to make sure those gals were as far back as possible!
My brother didn't believe me when I told him about the balloon ladies...

So you will see them WWWAAAAYYYYY back there....and at the beginning the weaving is a bit difficult but as time goes by you will have this nice little jive going along the way.

With my 2:24 half PR submitted and a bib # of 33513, I am in Corral J!!

With all the speculation going on about corrals in the past few days, I was guessing I would either be in J, K, or L, so I am happy! Now I just have to wait to hear from my friend who is running the marathon only, to see what his bib number is. I'm hoping we'll be able to start in the same corral that day. I think his PR is 2:22, so there is definitely a chance!

My pr is about 7 minuets slower than yours at 224...and I am in K. I am happy with that however my friend is a few corals behind me....

My pr is about 7 minuets slower than yours at 224...and I am in K. I am happy with that however my friend is a few corals behind me....

I just talked to my friend and even though his PR is faster than mine, he put down a much slower estimated finish time, since it's his first marathon. And now he's in Corral N. Whoops! So yeah, they don't just place you in corrals based on your proof of time, but based on what you put as your estimated finish time.

Woo Hoo! I'm in Corral C for the Half. I was in Corral C for the Full last year. I guess that's my lot in life. Lol. I'm glad they got these up though so I could at least know where the 4 of us running together will be corralled so we can plan estimated finish times, etc...

If there's a really smart person out there that can help with this, it would be appreciated (cough...Coach....cough) :thumbsup2

I'm in Corral C and my estimated finish time is 1:45-1:50
My wife is in Corral G and her estimated finish time is 2:05-2:15
Our friends are in Corral M and their estimated finish times are 2:25-2:35 (it's their first half so that's just an estimate)

I just talked to my friend and even though his PR is faster than mine, he put down a much slower estimated finish time, since it's his first marathon. And now he's in Corral N. Whoops! So yeah, they don't just place you in corrals based on your proof of time, but based on what you put as your estimated finish time.

Wow that is surprising to me. I put down an estimated time of 6:00 because I had no idea and that just sounded achievable. I hadn't even began training at that point and my longest run was like 5-6 miles!

Anyway, my proof of time was a 2:29 half and I am in K. I think I would have been further back if they went with my 6:00 estimated time.

Corral L for us. That's about what we figured. Slightly behind middle of the pack. We were D last year so roughly equivalent I think. We are happy with the placement.

Woohoo!! It's getting real now. :)

Wow that is surprising to me. I put down an estimated time of 6:00 because I had no idea and that just sounded achievable. I hadn't even began training at that point and my longest run was like 5-6 miles! Anyway, my proof of time was a 2:29 half and I am in K. I think I would have been further back if they went with my 6:00 estimated time.

Huh, I wonder what happened then? I know he submitted a POT in the low 2:20s... So weird.

Is this old info they accidentally put up?

In order to change your assigned corral, please bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth after you pick up your race bib at the Walt Disney World® Health & Fitness Expo.

Ah, I see they have removed it now.

Goofy #20044
I honestly don't remember what I put down for estimated finished, but will start in A on Saturday and E on Sunday so I can pace DW through her first full marathon. Now to figure out how to approach the half...

I see that many of you are posting what seem to be official corral placements and numbers... Does this mean that Disney has already sent out the final race instructions, etc..? I didn't receive anything! :confused3

Just to be clear.. I am signed up to receive Disney's emails, as I have gotten every other update this year, and everything from last years. Thanks!

I see that many of you are posting what seem to be official corral placements and numbers... Does this mean that Disney has already sent out the final race instructions, etc..? I didn't receive anything! :confused3

Just to be clear.. I am signed up to receive Disney's emails, as I have gotten every other update this year, and everything from last years. Thanks!

Nevermind! just went to the website and found out that way.. I figure the e-mail will come eventually :thumbsup2

that's not really true for me. for both TOT and (I'm assuming) the 1/2, I'm placed based on my POT, which was slightly faster than my EFT.

I think with so many thousands of runners each with almost identical finish times/proof times there is bound to be a few 'huh thats interesting' because even if a corral times are say '2:45-2:50' for Corral Y that can hold 1000 people you could have 1500 that fit that time frame some will have to be in X others Z.. And some of those thousand could be ready to run faster than estimated others slower due to injury illness etc..

Did do the rough math and figured out this years corrals to previous- Rough estimation was that this years A-E corrals are basically old A, F-G- Old B, H-I Old C and so on...

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter