WDW Magic Kingdom wheelchair viewing areas for parades & fireworks.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
WDW Magic Kingdom wheelchair viewing areas for parades & fireworks.

Use the link below to enlarge and move the map above around.

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...ations/magic-kingdom/mk-0519-gfgwd-os-web.pdf

The three areas circled in RED are for viewing the parades and the two areas circled in BLACK are for viewing the fireworks. Each area is designated by WDW and will be roped off, and hopefully, will have cast members to assist you.

This is the map of the parade by Robo near the handicap area near the fire station in the GREEN. It is a great place if you wish to be near the gate to exit or you arrive too late to go to the other designated handicap viewing areas. I know, opinions may vary. They have changed the area that used to be across the street on the center island.

I took a few photos since I didn't know exactly where this newer spot was located and I saw the cast members putting the poles and attaching the roped off area. This is in front of the fire station with the restrooms to the left.

They have the ropes up and you can see the area as I moved a little to my left. There is a nice bench under a shade tree in the handicap view area. The green box on the left is some kind of electrical box that does not move.

And they were opening up the area for my wheelchair to enter.

And they added the familiar sign.

Not many folks today as the cast members play hula hoop and jump rope with the guests. On the far right are the fire station and the entrance ramp to the bathrooms to its left. You can see the shady tree and at least one white pole along the corner of the red sidewalk area. I see another pole that will be roped off for the parade that is not part of the handicap viewing area.

The next photos are of the designated fireworks viewing area.

I did not stay in this area near the Crystal Palace and it is not roped off yet. I stayed in the twin area on the other side of the streets.

I did stay in this area. In the foreground, the grassy park area is used for the Dessert Party viewing and beyond that is a walkway in front of a fenced off garden and water fountain area. The area is not roped off yet but is you see the gentleman in the white shirt and dark shorts in the pathway that is where the roped area will be from the left column to the center column. It may not look like much space but they had a roped off area for three or four rows of wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

Last edited:

The photo is where I would have been sitting in front of my wheelchair in front of the fenced garden to watch the fireworks. A little too far to watch the stage show, but nice and relaxing for waiting for the fireworks. This photo is at the closing of the park so no guests. My favorite time.

Now switching to watching the parades again.

In the area of the center circle from 0300 to 0600 is an area designated to watch the parades. This is an older photo. As mentioned before, I think they only allow one other guest per wheelchair or mobility scooter. They fill up fast. It looks like the ropes were taken down.

This last parade area is a nice spot to watch from in Liberty Square.

Another parade map by Robo below:

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

I'll add some more photos if I can find them.

Last edited:
Great info. I recall you can reserve firework seating now as a FP option. Is that correct and would it be necessary if accompanying someone in a wheelchair or who uses the disability card (sorry, don’t recall the new name for GAC replacement)

Great info. I recall you can reserve firework seating now as a FP option. Is that correct and would it be necessary if accompanying someone in a wheelchair or who uses the disability card (sorry, don’t recall the new name for GAC replacement)

Hi, bdarling. I don't know if you are talking about MK and FP+ for fireworks, but they stopped that a long time ago. I love fireworks and I really miss that.

I think that you may be talking about Disney Guest Assistance Card (GAC) which was in operation through Oct. 8, 2013. On Oct. 9, 2013, the Disabled Assistance System (DAS) went into operation.

Maybe someone can help you with this or check Sue's FAQ thread about DAS.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-1-update-12-7-14-das-tied-to-ticket.3179460/

Thanks. I meant the DAS system. I was confusing FP for Fantasmic! Show and Illuminations with the viewing for parades and the fireworks that you are discussing here.

Your map and info are very helpful.

You can not use the DAS for MK fireworks or parade they have not for River of life at animal kingdom either. But I have not tried for s while either I have been told you can use it at fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter