WDW Date with my daughter

ajjoplin1

Mouseketeer
Last year, I took my family to WDW. Although I had been twice before, once with my DW, the kids had never been. They were instantly hooked, as all good children would be! LOL. After our breakfast at the CRT, my DD, who is now 7, asked if next time we could have a father-daughter date at Disney, just us! :flower3: It was too perfect.

Anyway, we are going back in Sep next year, just over a year away. I'm not sure if it will work out, but we may just have to try and squeeze in a date night, maybe over a Mickey rice crispy treat (my fav) or another QS snack.

These moments are priceless, ones we will never forget nor get back. How about it dads...? Precious moments at WDW with your kids?

Tons of them. One was when she was about your DD's age we did tea at the Grand Floridian. We both dressed up a bit and had a nice afternoon where she was able to play grown up in an elegant setting. The hot chocolate she had was pretty good along with the sandwiches but the desserts were her favorite.

Riding the TTA with them as toddlers so they would take a nap.

As a single father most of my daughters life (she's now 20), all our trips to WDW have been father/daughter. These days it's more about where she can ditch dad but we started to seriously plan seeing all the other disney branded properties over the next decade.

My most memorable moment happened to be in front of cinderella's castle. I forget the name of what was happening but they had some images of records and tapes that she's never seen. it became that "when I was little" moment that surprised her things she knows didn't exist before her. Second most memorable happened to be last year when we did halloween for the first time. While both adults, we enjoyed the memories of trick or treating together and had a great "remember when" moment while trick or treating in MK.

Some of the tours aimed at her age might be nice. For an afternoon date, horseback riding at the campgrounds or the horse carriage ride in port orleans is really nice. The evening fireworks desert party in MK or the fireworks cruise would be nice. If there is a specific section of a park that has been more what the 2 of you like, do a mini park date with an interesting maybe not go with everyone resturant, then the rides and things you both enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter