WBC (and a few questions) or Sheraton Vistana Villages?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have stayed at both of these places in the past but just for 2 nights each and several years ago and I honestly can only remember that I liked them both but I was not the one booking them when we stayed in the past. We are trying to plan a week to be there for Easter this year and am wondering which you would choose? There are 4 of us (me and my husband and two teen girls) and we will probably do Disney parks almost every day but will also spend some time at the resort swimming, etc.

Can someone explain the difference at WBC between Deluxe 2 bedroom vs Presidential? I have read through many of the threads but must be missing the where it explains the difference. Do people think it is worth the cost difference? I think I was reading that ebay or a couple other places are the ways to book at WBC? On Mousesavers.com and allears.net I have seen good rates for Sheraton Vistana Villages. Anyone know if the two places are comparable in price?

Any advice or input would be helpful - thx

My understanding is the only difference is an upgrade in appliances, countertops and furniture. I believe the square footage and layout is the same.

Hi all,

I have stayed at both of these places in the past but just for 2 nights each and several years ago and I honestly can only remember that I liked them both but I was not the one booking them when we stayed in the past. We are trying to plan a week to be there for Easter this year and am wondering which you would choose? There are 4 of us (me and my husband and two teen girls) and we will probably do Disney parks almost every day but will also spend some time at the resort swimming, etc.

Can someone explain the difference at WBC between Deluxe 2 bedroom vs Presidential? I have read through many of the threads but must be missing the where it explains the difference. Do people think it is worth the cost difference? I think I was reading that ebay or a couple other places are the ways to book at WBC? On Mousesavers.com and allears.net I have seen good rates for Sheraton Vistana Villages. Anyone know if the two places are comparable in price?

Any advice or input would be helpful - thx

The location of WBC is what sets it above Vistana. It is next to the Caribbean Beach Resort surrounded by Disney property. WBC is also newer, thus the pools and design are a bit more contemporary.

Vistana has the advantage in that you park right outside your unit. It is more like an apartment complex where WBC is compact like a hotel resort. WBC has more of "resort" feel.

The presidential rooms are slightly more "done" but I don't feel it is worth paying a premium for. I've stayed in them because they were available on ebay for the dates I wanted to go. I would not seek them out.

My kids would pick WBC every time if asked where they want to stay, but wouldn't cry if they had to go to Vistana.

thank you for the input so far! Also, WBC appears to be a larger resort - is it too large to enjoy it all and would I have to worry about which building I was put in (meaning are some much better than others do to location or being updated -- or are they all ok?)? I know Vistana Villages offers daily cleaning but I guess that is not really a big deal either way...

Just making sure based on a couple comments that you know there are TWO Vistanas.
Sheraton Vistana Resort and Sheraton Vistana Village.
They do not look the same.
Villages is more like condo and built higher.
Resort is more like apartments and built lower.

thanks and yes I did know about Vistana Resort being different than Vistana Villages...
I stayed at Vistana Resort once and just didn't love how spread out it was and I don't like having to worry too much about which section I am placed

thanks and yes I did know about Vistana Resort being different than Vistana Villages...
I stayed at Vistana Resort once and just didn't love how spread out it was and I don't like having to worry too much about which section I am placed

Just wanted to be sure, and yes I agree that Villages is more like Bonnet Creek in the buildings are higher and similar, more tight, closer in size.

While I really like the interior of Resort units, I'm not as keen on the apartment complex feel, the cars right outside the units & windows and the units opening to outside. On trips it is just DS and myself I pick WBC over SVR due to the layout of the community.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter