way to go disney!~ MaY HOURS

d-r

<font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>
I just confirmed on the phone with cro that Disney has changed the hours for May when we are down there, and for the better -

On Tuesday May, 6 the park closes at 9 with spectro and fireworks. That is one of the things I said I would be happy with - if there could be just one late night during the week with spectro and the fireworks so that Sat. night wasn't the only time.

Also, they added an e-night on Saturday the 10th from 9-midnight. Some of you don't like e-night but I really love it, so you can lump off becuase I am happy to have one.

In May, there are now 7 nights with spectro and 11 with fireworks, and 5 e-nights. Not bad for off-season, considering illuminatns and fantastic every night. Way better, way to go Disney - I think this is a good compromise with lower attendance times - have at least one night during the week with later MK hours.

DR

d-r,

Where did you get this info. I dont' see the hours or spectromagic changed on any of the sites I know of. I'll be there may 8-18.

Thanks.

We called CRO and they confirmed it. The official web page is always late posting things. You can call them and they will give you the official hours though.

Melissa

Originally posted by d-r
I just confirmed on the phone with cro that Disney has changed the hours for May when we are down there, and for the better -

On Tuesday May, 6 the park closes at 9 with spectro and fireworks. That is one of the things I said I would be happy with - if there could be just one late night during the week with spectro and the fireworks so that Sat. night wasn't the only time.

Also, they added an e-night on Saturday the 10th from 9-midnight. Some of you don't like e-night but I really love it, so you can lump off becuase I am happy to have one.

In May, there are now 7 nights with spectro and 11 with fireworks, and 5 e-nights. Not bad for off-season, considering illuminatns and fantastic every night. Way better, way to go Disney - I think this is a good compromise with lower attendance times - have at least one night during the week with later MK hours.

DR

It seems a bit odd that MK is open til 9 on Tues May 6, yet closes at 7 on a Saturday (May 3). I will be there that weekend and am a bit disappointed it's not open later. And, of course, every OTHER saturday in May it will be open til 9. They must have known I was coming. :(

Looks like May will be a lot better than people previously thought! Many days with spectromagic and fantasy in the sky.
Better...............but I don't know that I'd say a lot. For the Memorial Day weekend/week, it looks like they only added a half hour to one day. There is only one showing of Spectro so there aren't many days that have both. A total of 7 SpectroMahgics for the month isn't that many, but it is better than none. I hope they add more, especially during the holiday week.
It seems a bit odd that MK is open til 9 on Tues May 6, yet closes at 7 on a Saturday (May 3).
That Saturday is probably one of the Grad Nights.

Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Better...............but I don't know that I'd say a lot. For the Memorial Day weekend/week, it looks like they only added a half hour to one day. There is only one showing of Spectro so there aren't many days that have both. A total of 7 SpectroMahgics for the month isn't that many, but it is better than none. I hope they add more, especially during the holiday week.

That Saturday is probably one of the Grad Nights.

Forgot about those; you're probably right. No big deal, except we were hoping to only do the park at night and spend most of the time at the Poly. We'll just have to rearrange our day a bit. We won't actually end up with less time at the MK, just spend the same amount a time at a different time :confused:

GRAD Nights - April 25th, 26th, May 2nd, 3rd, and 9th at the Magic Kingdom. This year, Entertainment will include acts such as Daniel Bedingfield, Mario, New Found Glory, Default, Nivea and Smilez & Southstar. Other options for the students this year include the "Grad Nite All-Star Comedy Improv Show" in "The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue", the "Adventureland Underground All Night Dance Party" or Dueling Pianos in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. On April 25th and 26th, Guests will begin arriving at 9:00 p.m. while the overall event begins at 11:00 p.m. and lasts until 5:00 a.m. On May 2nd, 3rd and 9th, Guests will begin arriving at 8:00 p.m. while the overall event begins at 10:00 p.m. and lasts until 4:00 a.m.

GRAD Nights - April 25th, 26th, May 2nd, 3rd, and 9th at the Magic Kingdom. This year, Entertainment will include acts such as Daniel Bedingfield, Mario, New Found Glory, Default, Nivea and Smilez & Southstar. Other options for the students this year include the "Grad Nite All-Star Comedy Improv Show" in "The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue", the "Adventureland Underground All Night Dance Party" or Dueling Pianos in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. On April 25th and 26th, Guests will begin arriving at 9:00 p.m. while the overall event begins at 11:00 p.m. and lasts until 5:00 a.m. On May 2nd, 3rd and 9th, Guests will begin arriving at 8:00 p.m. while the overall event begins at 10:00 p.m. and lasts until 4:00 a.m.

This year, Entertainment will include acts such as Daniel Bedingfield, Mario, New Found Glory, Default, Nivea and Smilez & Southstar.
Should the fact that I have NO IDEA what/who any of these acts are make me feel older than I already do :confused: :crazy: ;).

"Other options for the students this year include the "Grad Nite All-Star Comedy Improv Show" in "The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue", "

Is Horseshoe still open ? I thought it was under rehab for the new show. Or is the existing show still running ?

Vike, the Saloon is currently closed.

If they are truly preparing it for the next show, it seems the work won't get in the way of the Comedy Improv show in the upcoming weeks.

Alternatively, the reason there is no problem having an improv show there is because no work has been done to the Horseshoe and, in fact, the previous show could still be running there during this peak time of the year. Meaning, the premature closure date was primarily a cost cutting move.

Honestly, I have no idea which is true.

Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Should the fact that I have NO IDEA what/who any of these acts are make me feel older than I already do :confused: :crazy: ;).

nah. it made me think "man, they were sure able to get better known acts back when i went" :smooth:

I don't know who that is (geez how old are YOU to pull out that reference?) but "guy lombardo bringing all the royal canadians" sure does sound funny! Thanks for a great laugh - i just had abirthday so the ribbing is good and fresh:)

We're happy with the new hours becuase 2 Spectromagics, 2 Fantasy in the Sky and an enight have been added during our stay. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter