Wave Phones on DCL

TexasHiddenMickeys

Earning My Ears
Hello every one, I'm TexasHiddenMickey::MinnieMo im a big Freak about locating Hidden Mickyes in all the parks and hotels! I am [almost]24 and ranked with a tri-bronze and silver in the Hidden Mickey App[located in the iTunes Applications store] and Now looking forward to finding all the Mickeys in my up comming Sept cruise on the Fantasy. :earsboy: Also I'm a BIG BIG reader of the Disney KINGDOM KEEPERS series.. Which leads to my question and this topic... In KK V: Shell Game the KK's (kingdom Keepers) are aboard the DISNEY DREAM and talk about the Wave Phones, now i googled up what they look like and they seem cool.

NOW here is my questions: Is the Wave phones really worth having/using between my family? what are the charging costs? [this is a 7day cruise i think]

For now Laters.. This texan hads Hiddden Mickeys to find!

There is no cost for the first 2 Wave phones, they are already in your cabin and can be used anywhere on the ship or Castaway Cay.

From DCL's website:

Wave Phones
While aboard the ship and on Castaway Cay, reach out to your fellow travelers via Wave Phone—an option that allows you to text and call without using your personal cell phone. From your Wave Phone, you can call any shipboard phone, stateroom phone or other Wave Phone, making it easy to connect with your travel party or new friends.

In your stateroom, you'll find 2 Wave Phones. Additional phones are available at a fee. For more information about Wave Phones, view our frequently asked questions.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/internet-phone-services/

Just a reminder: Should you lose or otherwise break your Wave Phone your account will be charged $250.00.

Take good care of it and have a wonderful cruise.

There is no cost for the first 2 Wave phones, they are already in your cabin and can be used anywhere on the ship or Castaway Cay.

From DCL's website:

Wave Phones
While aboard the ship and on Castaway Cay, reach out to your fellow travelers via Wave Phone—an option that allows you to text and call without using your personal cell phone. From your Wave Phone, you can call any shipboard phone, stateroom phone or other Wave Phone, making it easy to connect with your travel party or new friends.

In your stateroom, you'll find 2 Wave Phones. Additional phones are available at a fee. For more information about Wave Phones, view our frequently asked questions.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/internet-phone-services/

Am I the only one who finds their FAQ section not all that user-friendly for quick reference? What section has the wave phone information? It's not like that's a primary topic.

They can be useful for a group as you can call or text with them. They can be easy to miss calls; they don't ring and only vibrate.

Here's another thread with lots of info on the Wave phones.

:thanks:Well to Every one I wish to thank that replied and looking forward to using the Wave Phones on my cruise as well find the hidden Mickeys! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!