Water with Mobile Ordering

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Mark Hammond, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Mark Hammond

Mark Hammond Earning My Ears

Can you get cups of water from the counter when collecting a Mobile Order from the Quick Service outlets in the parks? Or is there generally somewhere else in the restaurants where you help yourself to cups and water?
    The Mobile Ordering option is new to me, so I’m not sure if you just get handed to you what you’ve ordered on the App.

TIA.

2. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

I have done mobile ordering and just asked for cups of water when I got my order - they typically have them sitting behind the counter, ready to go.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

You can get cups of water at any CS restaurant in WDW even if you aren't purchasing anything. We did it quite often in the hot August weather. Disney doesn't want you to pass out during the hot summer months. :)

5. EdnaMarieMode

EdnaMarieMode DIS Veteran

Every time I pick up a mobile order I get cups of water at the same place. That’s usually where they keep cups of water ready to go so even if you haven’t ordered food you can usually get water wherever the mobile orders are picked up.

6. Mark Hammond

That’s great news thanks! It would have negated the benefit of Mobile Ordering if you then had to queue again for water after picking up your food order.

Cheers!

7. shocker

shocker DIS Veteran

I always just ask when picking up my food. Because they tend to hand out small cups, I always ask for more than our party (if its not a self refill location). If it just me, I'll ask for 2-3 cups to get through the meal.

8. tnolan

tnolan DIS Veteran

Some places even have large water coolers with cups next to them for self service near the entrance. Sci Fi Dine In is one place I saw it.

9. Mark Hammond

That’s good to know, thanks. When we first came in 2016, we had the push-chair for the kids, and had it loaded up with everything we needed. We’re planning on travelling light this time though, and I didn’t want to keep buying bottles of water.

10. Disneypro1

Disneypro1 life is great!

Yep. We haven’t bought a bottle in a long time. Not when it’s free. Also. The water fountains have all been pretty cold lately. At least the ones I have used.

11. tnolan

tnolan DIS Veteran

Also remember with the new rules stroller wagons are banned and even strollers are smaller so you might not have room to carry lots of stuff.

12. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

I was wondering about this also. I've never seen cups of water ready to go, but next time, I'll feel more confident about asking.