Water shoes?

carrieshields

Mouseketeer
First time cruisers ... are water shoes or sandals beneficial on Castaway Cay and/or other beach and snorkel excursions? Thank you!!

We always take and use water shoes when going to beaches. I just get cheap ones from Wal-mart because we only use them while cruising. We wear sandals/flip flops on the ship while around the pools.

I always bring some water shoes with me. Just the $5-$10 pairs from Walmart. The sand and pathways around CC can get hot, plus there will still be the occasional shell or debris around.

DH and I have Crocs. We wear them at home all the time (except now----too cold). We use the Crocs for water shoes. The float.

Definitely wear some kind of shoe on the beaches. Some beaches are crushed coral instead of fine sand, b/c the island is part of a coral reef. And that is really rough on the feet.

Helpful hint: baby powder takes the sand off your feet and legs. I put some in a small sock and sewed it closed. I carry it in a baggy b/c the powder gets everywhere.

I would definitely recommend taking a pair of water shoes/sandals especially at CC because some locations have sharp or uncomfortable coral. I prefer active sandals such as Keen H2 so I can use them around the ship, walking around town, kayaking and even at the beach.

Water shoes are also useful for when you have to wait in queue on the stairs going up to AquaDuck - the stairs can get very hot in the sun, and you can't wear flip flops (or any loose items) to AquaDuck because there's a good chance of losing them inside the tubes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!