Water parks with a wheelchair

I hate to say it but from the many times we've been at the water parks, there doesn't seem to be any access to the water rides for wheel chairs unless it is well hidden. Everything is stairs and Blizzard Beach has the ski lift. Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

The only slide at TL that is accessible is Crush "N Gusher which has an elevator. But you need a way to get the wheelchair down.

At BB there is one accessible gondola on the ski lift, and I think there is one slide at the exit level. But again there is the problem of getting a wheelchair back down.

This is a good ? We have avoided Blizzard Beach and Typhoon because we didnt know how accessible they are.. I think you can take lift up at BB and then be transported in a wheelchair to the water ride... not positive though. When my son was 4 the only thing we did with him (cerebral palsy) was the wave pool

I would LOVE to do the water parks. But with my muscle disease, its too risky. My family plans on spending an afternoon at BB in September, but I will just enjoy the resort pool at AoA. I would be absolutely miserable at the water parks. Way too much drama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter