Water parks for young kids?

TheWho

DIS Veteran'
Anyone have opinions about water parks for a 6 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old?
I have heard that River Country is the best for the little ones, but I'm buying the hopper pass with two water park admissions and would like to know if Blizzard or Typhoon might be worth a chance.

thanks,
Dave

Hi,
Both blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon have kiddy areas. I have gone with a 2 year old and a 4 year old before, and they loved both. I think that blizzard beach may actually have more that the 6 year old might like, especially if they arent a great swimmer. Both places have rental life jackets, both have lazy rivers to float around in with you, they have some squirty fountains, mini water slides, mini tube slides etc. Bllizzard beach also has a part for the 5-12 crowd that has a little bit more challenging things if your 6 year old is up for it. The slides are a little faster, there is a ice burg rope climb, a zip line, and a pool. IF your kids have sensitive feet, bring water shoes. The bottoms of the wave pools are rough to prevent slipping, so be aware. River country is ok, has a sandy beach, pool and little area for a slide and a squirty thing or 2. I think you will have a great time. Arrive early when its least crowded. I think you are allowed to bring a picnic too!!! If you have a bucket and shovel, bring them to either place as they all have a sandy part. :smooth:

I think I'll try Blizzard first, on ypur recommendation, and go back or use River on my next visit.
Thanks again.

Dave

typhoon loagoon is a must, with the big waves in the lagoon, both your kids can enjoy this.

what i would do is do both TL and Blizzard Beach on th hopper pass, then pay to go to River Country, which your kids will also enjoy.

River Country is much smaller, but admission is very cheap, adults are around $15 and children even less. Typhoon and Blizzard are over $30 to get in.

So go enjoy all three!!!!!!!!

I didn't think of the cost issue. I will be using the 5 day hopper + 2.
Thanks,

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter