Water Park V. Pub Crawl

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by CJBerge, Aug 3, 2018.

1. CJBerge

CJBerge Earning My Ears

My Girl and I are having trouble right now deciding if we want to do Typhoon Lagoon or go on a Pub Crawl our first day. Help!?!

2. Woody412

Woody412 Mouseketeer

How functional do you want to be on your second day?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. stsomewhere

stsomewhere DIS Veteran

I don't know why you can't do both.......

Woody412 and Alesia like this.
  5. CJBerge

CJBerge Earning My Ears

We plan to RD - Fireworks the next day. The Pub Crawl will be done by 8pm if we do it though we have ADR's at Ohana For 830pm.
    If it matters at all, we're both college age, so we can function fairly well hungover/not sleeping

Woody412 likes this.
  6. CJBerge

CJBerge Earning My Ears

Were getting in at 11am and have Adr's at 830pm so there isnt time.

7. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

I would probably do the pub crawl. I wouldn't want to have to deal with checking-in, changing for a water park, getting into my room, getting showered and settled in on arrival day. Particularly as you wouldn't get to a water park until late afternoon. I would arrive, settle in and then start exploring the pubs.

8. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

Which pubs?

Having a chill afternoon with some beverages at a water park, showering/cleaning up, and then rolling to Poly/Ohana sounds fun to me.

If I were college aged and on a pub crawl, I’d be worried we’d get distracted and never make it to Ohana.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    CJBerge likes this.
  9. figment81

figment81 Earning My Ears

What time of year?

I would go to typhoon spend a couple hours there, and then go to the room get cleaned up and maybe hit a bar before dinner. Best of both worlds. But I'm not a pub crawl person, I'd rather have a drink and relax then drink excessively for hours . We also don't have any good water parks at home

CJBerge likes this.
  10. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

THIS. I’d be afraid I’d be too full be dinner to really enjoy Ohana. Or if I didn’t have a water park ticket to burn (like the 8 I have...), I’d probably just hit the hotel pool for a while, then clean up in time to check out Traders Sams before dinner—love that place.

CJBerge likes this.
  11. CJBerge

CJBerge Earning My Ears

We're going September 8-15. I guess i use the words pub crawl loosely. It really would be more of exploring the other resorts, checking out the scenery, and maybe having a drink in a few of them. Not looking to get hammered, just wanna spend some times exploring on a day we aren't in the parks. We quite possibly will be doing a water park another day, and still aren't sure if we want to do water park days twice. (We live near New Orleans and have two really nice water parks within an hour to hour and a half drive from us.

12. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

Now that you've explained, then I'd probably plan the 'pub crawl' - especially if you were thinking around the Monorail line and say WL. All are great resorts to explore and by using mostly the monorail you won't have to worry about getting wet if it rains. If you include WL you'll have to boat, Minnie Van or Uber.

13. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

Pub crawl because you can swim in your resort if you want to do any swimming ^^

14. CJBerge

CJBerge Earning My Ears

This is the proposed itinerary that a friend of mine has used. We may not do all of it, and might skip a few that don't interest us

-Bus to Disney Springs at 10
    --Lunch at D-luxe burger(11)
    -Bus to Coronado Springs
    --Siesta cantina
    -Bus To Hollywood Studios
    -Ferry to Boardwalk
    --Boardwalk Joes Marvelous Margaritas
    -Walk to Yacht and Beach Club
    --Beaches and Cream for ice cream(Maybe Alcoholic Floats)
    -Ferry To Hollywood Studios(near lighthouse)
    -Bus to Old Key West Resort
    --The gurgling Suitcase
    -Bus to Magic Kingdom
    -Ferry to Wilderness Lodge
    --Territory Lounge
    -Boat to Contemporary
    --The Wave(Share Seven Seas Lagoon Cocktail)
    HAVE TO LEAVE BY 8
    -Monorail To the Poly 8
    --Dinner at Ohana at 825pm

Leopardchucks likes this.
  15. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

That's a good itinerary I think. You've got lots of time in between to keep from getting too drunk that you won't make dinner. Try not to cut out Territory Lounge if you can - the place sounds so amazing.

CJBerge likes this.
  16. mustinjourney

mustinjourney DIS Veteran

I would consider getting an uber to go from Beach club to OKW. That'll save you at least 30 minutes and it will likely be less than $10. Same with OKW to wilderness lodge. Uber is so convenient when going from resort to resort.

CJBerge likes this.
  17. Deanie1

Deanie1 DIS Veteran

I would go to typhoon spend a couple hours there, and then go to the room get cleaned up and maybe hit a bar before dinner. Best of both worlds. But I'm not a pub crawl person, I'd rather have a drink and relax then drink excessively for hours . We also don't have any good water parks at home.

This is what I would do as well. Typhoon Lagoon is just so much fun. Plus there is a bar there where you can get a few drinks.

18. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
    OH my! If I had drinks at all those stops, I know I'd never make it to Ohana. :lmao:

CJBerge likes this.
  19. Leopardchucks

Leopardchucks Riff Raff, Street Rat

Hey! I recognize that itinerary! :tilt: We are planning on doing the same one on our trip in November. Please share a trip report afterwards!

To answer your question: I’d dedicate a full day to the pub crawl and hit the water park another time. There is so much time spent in transit (which I think will help keep y’all from getting TOO sloshed) that will suck up a huge portion of your day.

CJBerge likes this.
  20. CJBerge

CJBerge Earning My Ears

We can hold our own. Lol. Nahh, we plan to share most places.

Will do!

21. Mjtheprincess

Mjtheprincess Earning My Ears

Typhoon lagoon was one of my favorite days with my husband! Lots of fun slides to do together!

Shanti likes this.