Water for baby formula

margot31

DIS Veteran
We are heading down to Disney in about 60 days. I have heard many people talk about how the water is not the greatest. I was wondering if people have water at the room to have on hand for the baby or do they just use the tap water?

When traveling we always do bottled water. We buy the gallon jugs for formula for the room and use whatever brand water bottles we buy for the parks.... Worked well for us. Have a great trip!

These Brita bottles are worth every penny! Used them at DL and WDW with no problems. Last time, we ordered and shipped a case of water to our hotel room...and it was disgusting. We ended up pouring each bottle into the Brita ones.

When I traveled last year with my son, I got premade bottles of formula. That way I didn't have to worry about water. It's a bit more expensive, but worthwhile for the convenience.

When I traveled last year with my son, I got premade bottles of formula. That way I didn't have to worry about water. It's a bit more expensive, but worthwhile for the convenience.
anyone thinking about this, make sure you try at home before you leave home. nothing worse than first night and unhappy baby who wont drink bottle because it tastes different. yes i have been there done that and not fun

anyone thinking about this, make sure you try at home before you leave home. nothing worse than first night and unhappy baby who wont drink bottle because it tastes different. yes i have been there done that and not fun

That's happened to us too. OP, just pick up a couple gallons of water on your way if you can.

I actually had no idea it tasted different, to be honest. My son took premade formula in the hospital when he was born. At home, I mixed premade formula with pumped breastmilk (I couldn't pump enough to sustain him). After I quit pumping, I switched to powdered formula (due to cost), but got bottles of premade formula when we traveled for convenience. My kid never acted like anything was different!

Definitely try whatever you decide to do before your trip. We ended up with formula our youngest would not eat one time on a trip. Late night store run. I agree pre-made bottles is so easy! We have also used bottled water but kept the brand the same as we used at home.

Worse formula ever was the AR stuff we had to use with my youngest the pre-made and the just add water liquid was expensive and the powdered you could only get mixed well enough to go through the nipple using a blender. Luckily the blender had enough room to make 4 bottles at a time and between the 2 small insulated coolers we had we could take all 4 with us if we were out all day and just use the pre-mixed for longer times. I guess it could have been worse though as the AR was a last resort before a prescription formula.
No one in my family had any problems with tap water and my kids have not been exposed to Butte water ( in the older parts of town you have to run the tap for 5 minutes after the water goes clear when it has been sitting for a while and that includes overnight) like my DH and I have.

We are heading down to Disney in about 60 days. I have heard many people talk about how the water is not the greatest. I was wondering if people have water at the room to have on hand for the baby or do they just use the tap water?

I would not change my babies water from what he is used to. We always bring out very good well water with us, even now just for us for coffee and drinking. Otherwise would use the same bottled water that you have used or trust from using it before at home.

Would never use just the tap water there, but get the CS filtered water all the time with no issues.

I would not change my babies water from what he is used to. We always bring out very good well water with us, even now just for us for coffee and drinking. Otherwise would use the same bottled water that you have used or trust from using it before at home.

Would never use just the tap water there, but get the CS filtered water all the time with no issues.

How much water do you bring? And how do you transport it, keep it from getting funky?

We bought gallon jugs at the hotel gift shop. In the parks there is water available at the baby centers to make bottles.

How much water do you bring? And how do you transport it, keep it from getting funky?

We have gallon water bottles plus a couple 3 gallon ones that we fill from our well before leaving. We have a motor home and store it in the basement for the trip. Because they're freshly filled in clean containers the water stays nice and fresh for our 12-15 day trip.

The amount you bring would depend on how much you drink, how many people, etc. We drink lots, plus use it for coffee. We 'do' use CS water in the parks though because of convenience, and don't have an issue with it.

Flying, of course, this option would be out. Driving, depending on space, it works great.

I pre-filled the bottles with bottled water from the resort and then just added the formula when it was time for her to eat. This worked out best for us.

We traveled with our son to disney while he was on formula. It actually was super easy do not over think it. We put the dry formula in the bottle and just picked up bottle water wherever we were (parks, hotels gift shop) had a case of water in the room we use and mixed it as needed. I know you can do the opposite where you put the water in the bottle but its far lighter to have the powder in the bottle and get water at the park... I would not suggest tap water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter