water bottles in the park

aphasia83

Earning My Ears
So apparently you can bring water bottles into the Disney parks, but are there places to refill them? If there are water fountains, would it be possible to bring in a refillable water container that hooks on to a backpack? Or do they only let you bring in sealed water bottles?

Thanks for your help guys!

Yes, you can take waterbottles. There are drinking fountains all over, lots of people don't like the water (we don't mind it). Last year we took our Brita water bottle and it worked great, taook most of the taste out of the water, we plan on using them again.

Yes again, you can bring in your own water. We brought in our own a few weeks ago. Then we refilled at a fountain, that water was awefull. Maybe thats why our DD12 was sick the next day.

The water does taste a little nasty...that's why so many people have started purchasing the Crystal Light On-The-Go packets. They come in tubular foil packets that you just rip the top off and pour in the water bottle. It's the only way we could get our kids to drink water during our last visit. Target and Walmart both sell their own brand as well but they all seem to have the same flavors: lemonade, raspberry, and peach tea.

I am a huge fan of the on-the-go packets! I highly recommend them. However, I think that they are kind of expensive (10 packets for about $3.00). But I guess the portability and convenience is what you pay for in the end. :flower:

Disney Ontario said:
Yes again, you can bring in your own water. We brought in our own a few weeks ago. Then we refilled at a fountain, that water was awefull. Maybe thats why our DD12 was sick the next day.

I won't drink it after having some stomach ailments at WDW. I only drink bottled water. I think the change in tap water bothers my system. Also, the fountain water is warm and has a yucky taste. I've seen too many people get a little too close to the fountain spouts. If I "HAD" to refill a bottle I would do it in a Disney restroom. I find the water is colder in there and you won't find people sucking on the faucets. LOL. :crazy:

We usually put some water in our backpacks - DH gets to carry that ;) . We freeze a few the night before and take some unfrozen, we drink those 1st and save the frozen for later (they thaw in a couple of hours). We never refill at the park, I don't like the water. If we are still thirsty we will buy more water.

A few years ago, we had planned to refill our bottles, and did ONCE, water's not goo and when you walk by those street vendors with their ice cold water, MMmmmmm... we caved and haven't used the water fountains since. I think the bottled water is $2, I'd just budget an extra $20 or so in for that. Take your morning water and buy your afternoon water.

PedsTherapist said:
I am a huge fan of the on-the-go packets! I highly recommend them. However, I think that they are kind of expensive (10 packets for about $3.00). But I guess the portability and convenience is what you pay for in the end. :flower:

You can buy the Walmart brand for about half the price!

I didn't take the warnings seriously about the water last year, but it was NASTY.

I drink from water fountains and drink the tap water here in NY all the time, but I could not drink the water in central florida.

Luckily we had driven down and I had plenty of bottled water with us. We carried several drinks each in our backpack..as the day went by and we drank it, the bag got lighter.

Since then we bought the brita bottles to take on our next trip.

Karen

that the water served at the full service restaurants is just as nasty? I always order water with my meal (I'm diabetic and I hate diet colas). Will it be nasty too?

Kimba

We often refilled our Britas with the restuarant water. We even asked for extra ice a few times. The Brita seems to take the taste away and it's even better ice cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter