Watch your ticket media - PSA

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
I had purchased the non expiring tickets with the first Canadian deal a few years ago. The non expiring tickets converted to an expiry date of December 31, 2030. No biggie.

What was a biggie is the 9 days it took for me to get my 7 day PHP tickets reinstated AND with the correct expiry after having it used accidentally to gain entry for a DAH event.

My PSA for you guys to watch your ticket media - even if it has been prioritized - because it might get used by mistake and it might be a huge hassle to have it replaced correctly.

As a workaround for this others have reported setting up a second MDE account and assigning the tickets to this account. Then when you want to use them transfer them over to your active account.

Edit to add: or maybe it was setting up dummy names in the original MDE?

Yes, I added a profile in MDE to redistribute my ticket but I had heard unsettling things about MDE updates messing with the ability to change party and reassign so I had put it back to my own profile. In the meantime, I had used my DAH physical ticket to gain entry to the event so I foolishly assumed ticket prioritization and using the actual event ticket would eliminate the issue. Ha ha ha. No.

I avoid all of that. My tickets are in my firebox, and I haven't added them to ME, nor will I until I am going to use them. They are physical ones, though, that I bought/got here-CAA, Airmiles

Yep, happened to us two years ago, tickets weren't prioritized at guest services as we requested, it was such a mess (they were non-expiry tickets partially used, they couldn't be reassigned so dummy id wouldn't have helped). Cost us 1/2 park day over multiple days getting it straightened out.

The only thing we do differently now is upon entering, we all have our tickets checked with the cast member at the turnstiles with the ipad. They can tell you right away which ticket was just used.

Wow! I also have 10 day hopper from that deal. Each trip I check with guest service the first day that the correct ticket is being used, and not the non-exp one.
I liked it better when you could have a hard ticket. I think once I asked if they could take that ticket off and issue me a hard ticket, but the answer was no.

Wow! I also have 10 day hopper from that deal. Each trip I check with guest service the first day that the correct ticket is being used, and not the non-exp one.
I liked it better when you could have a hard ticket. I think once I asked if they could take that ticket off and issue me a hard ticket, but the answer was no.

Can you create another name under your MDE profile and move that to the new name (not your name) so that the correct ticket is used?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter