Watch Out, World! Dawn & Mel in da (Mouse) House!~~ New 8/31 ~~

Thanks for coming by, everyone!

I'll try to write some more tonight. This is on the DL, remember? It's hard to write when hubby's around!

Don't rush me! Geez... ;)

Oh, what to do? What to do?:scratchin

Time to make some ADRS! :idea:

I knew I wanted to plan a nice dinner. K's bday is the actual travel date, so I started trying to find somewhere to eat. There isn't a lot left when it's less than 3 months until your trip.

My choices were Kona, Cali Grill, or Narcossee's at 8:50pm. Wishes is at 8pm that night, so I wasn't really into that late of a dinner.

I ended up with an ADR at 6:10pm for Grand Floridian Cafe. The steak looks good and I knew that's what hubby would order. :thumbsup2

As I was flitting around on the computer, I realized that my good friend, and favorite Disney Mom's Panel Member, DisneyJo would be in town from across the pond the same weekend we would be in town! :yay: I shot her an e-mail asking her if she wanted to get together. We decided on a Kona breakffast and invited Angela too.

It's a date!!!:woohoo:

As I was flitting around on the computer, I realized that my good friend, and favorite Disney Mom's Panel Member, DisneyJo would be in town from across the pond the same weekend we would be in town! :yay: I shot her an e-mail asking her if she wanted to get together. We decided on a Kona breakffast and invited Angela too.

Ahhhh... the Fockers descend on the Polynesian once again! :woohoo:

Sounds like a fantastic trip, Dawn! I'm sure K's going to just love it! :goodvibes

Awesome that you , Jo & Angela are havijng breakfast together!!! Think they will serve you Lapu's? :rotfl:

Woooohooooo I'm so excited to be meeting you at long last :hug:

Introducing... Mel!!!!!

Tah-dah!!!!

She's been begging me to introduce her. So, this is Mel and me enjoying a beverage in Epcot.

Disney204.jpg

She's my buddy. We met on the boards here and Mel loved me so much she flew to WDW to meet me and the family in March. We spent 4 days of heaven together skipping and holding hands. :rotfl: We ate gummy worms in the tunnels of Three Cabarreros... :lovestruc
She loves my family, so she's on my BFFs list now. She earned it. :cutie:

When I decided to go to WDW, I instantly texted Mel to see if her and Bob would like to join us.
I'm happy to say that they are, and I'm expecting her to help me here.

So, post away, Mel-ita! :banana:

HEY! That's me!

(Oh, and Dawn too.....)

She's right. I flew to WDW in March (after just returning from a family visit in late January) so that I could meet Dawn. Her family is so wonderful. So amazing! So gorgeous! I adore her children. I also adore her husband. He didn't want to hug me when we met. He did though. Many, many times. LOL.
I'm like that. People meet me and they just want to HUG me. It's true. :confused3

So, anyway. I asked NotBob if he wanted to fly to FL in September and meet my friends. He's pretty supportive and hardly ever says, "No" about stuff unless he HAS to. So, he was up for it.
Mainly it was the "drinking around the World" that won him over though.

Have I told this story? When NotBob and I were there in January with my two boys he attempted the "drink around the world." In an hour. :rotfl2:
It wasn't pretty. I was afraid I'd have to carry him to the Disney Bus.

This trip will be much better.
We'll have all day to drink around the world.
What's your favorite drink in the World Showcase?

Let us know and it will go on the list.

MEL:banana:

I held hands with C, B and even A. I did NOT hold hands with Dawn.

Just so you know.

MEL:rolleyes1

Ways that Dawn and Mel are alike....

1. We both like tea in the morning.
2. we are both ladies of leisure. (LB's)
3. I can't go to sleep after watching something scary without seeing something funny or
light-hearted for 5 mins or so. Dawn too!
4. OCD. Yeah.
5. Love Disney. (Dawn too, obviously)
6. Neither of us can stand mispellings, typographical errors and bad punctuation.
7. We both married sweet guys. Good thing.
8. Can't stand Riuniti.
9. would rather eat at PF Changs than almost anywhere
10. Go "off duty" in Mom-land at 8 pm every evening. (That's 9pm EST)
11. We both LOVE scallops

Ways that Dawn and Mel are different....

1. I hate dogs
2. I don't go to church. My mother told me it would fall in on me. LOL
3. Dawn's a yeller. I'm a door slammer.
4. Freaky Friday is just a movie at Dawn's house. LMBO.
5. Texas. Michigan. Not alike.
6. Dawn says "Y'all" and "All Y'all"
7. She can dance.
8. She has a brother. I have a sister. They're both PITA's though, so maybe that's an "alike?"
9. I'm afraid of sharks. She's afraid of trees.
10. I cook.
11. Her hair is curly.

We're different but we're still friends. However, if she liked Riuniti that would probably be a deal breaker.

MEL

You guys are too funny, so can I still be your friend even though I don't drink tea???? ;) :rotfl:

And how about me since I am such a terrible typer:wizard:

BTW: My drink for Mel's travels around the world is......

the monster beer everyone had at Fockerfest least year. You know the one Mel, the huge one. I think the mug was bigger than my head. :rotfl2:

You guys are too funny, so can I still be your friend even though I don't drink tea???? ;) :rotfl:
Of course, Jo! We love you! :goodvibes
I like hot tea, but I like coffee in the morning better. Cold tea is what I'm always drinking. It's 104 here. We don't do hot right now! :rotfl:

BTW: My drink for Mel's travels around the world is......

the monster beer everyone had at Fockerfest least year. You know the one Mel, the huge one. I think the mug was bigger than my head. :rotfl2:
We love you too, Janet! :goodvibes

Good drink choice! :lmao:

Sorry for all the name changes and adding to the intro, etc.

With Mel and Bob coming on the trip, things are certain to get crazy fun, so I wanted to make sure and add them. Now we're settled! :thumbsup2

This is gonna be toooo funny!

I am putting in a galss of Rosa Regale from Italy

or

The Peach Snap from the tea cart in China

Yes. We have made an exception for you only. If any other PRETEND Brits come along though, they are not allowed in. :snooty:

Janet, your typos are one of the things we love about you. :love:
Oh! Fabulous. So, right outta the gate, I'm wasted? LMBO :scared1:

:hug: and ::yes:: Let's put it this way, Jim who is 6 ft and 200 hundred pounds was feeling no pain after rinking 2/3's of it. Would you like me to post the picture of flat Dawn with said beer mug?;)
Bob had that beer too. :scared1:

But it tastes so good! Ruiniti's so nice. :teeth:
No Riuniti. Ewwwwwww.
Is that your vote? They don't serve that at WDW. :sad2:

This is gonna be toooo funny!

I am putting in a galss of Rosa Regale from Italy

or

The Peach Snap from the tea cart in China
Are you saying that me *attempting* this will be funny?
:rolleyes1
Yeah. It probably will.

Dawn and I are working on a chart to keep track of the drinks and who requested what.
Ok, I'm working on it.
Dawn's tired.

La la la la la la la la.....

So, where are the rest of you?

MEL:banana:

Yes. We have made an exception for you only. If any other PRETEND Brits come along though, they are not allowed in. :snooty:

:rotfl2:

Janet, your typos are one of the things we love about you. :love:
Oh! Fabulous. So, right outta the gate, I'm wasted? LMBO :scared1:

Bob had that beer too. :scared1:

:lmao:

Dawn and I are working on a chart to keep track of the drinks and who requested what.
Ok, I'm working on it.

Oh you must post when it is done:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter