Watch Out, World! Dawn & Mel in da (Mouse) House!~~ New 8/31 ~~

HomeschoolMama

I raise kids... What's your super power?
Welcome to my PTR!

I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my hunny. This will be our first DVC trip and our first trip alone in 13 years! I am so excited about having some time alone. I can't even imagine what it'll be like to talk without interruption and sit quietly and enjoy the atmosphere! :lmao:

So, the details as it stands are:
Where: Sarasota Springs
When: Wed., Sept. 23rd (hubby's Bday) - Sat., Sept. 26th
Who: Me (Dawn) & the hubby (K), Mel & NotBob
(Bob isn't Bob. Mel calls him Bob on the DIS. He's NOTBob. Get it?)

Who's not coming? Our three adorable, yet extremely loud, children: B (DD12), C, (DD8), & A (DS6.5)

:yay:

Handy Dandy Links:
The Decision

Mama Likes a Deal

Let's Start Planning

Drumroll Please...

People Like to Hug Mel

Same/Different

"Walking" Around the World with Dawn

Dawn's first day

Mel's first day

Dawn's second day

Mel's second day

Dawn's third day, part one

This decision was made pretty easily... like all trips I start planning to Disney! ;)

This year we went to Disney on my birthday in March. In 2010 we plan on going back in March, but it won't be on my actual birthday. While we were talking about the March trip, K "complained" that we always go on my birthday and not his. That sounds like an invitation to plan a trip for his birthday to me! :rotfl:

So, obviously, it doesn't take much to encourage me. But we really wouldn't just up and go, but we have a rebate coming to us for replacing our old air conditioners with new, moe efficient air conditioners. We had planned on spending the money on the house since we just moved, but we have years to do that, right? :laughing: The tile's not THAT ugly... :rolleyes:

We just sent our DVC contract back a week ago and will soon be the proud owners of 160 points worth of Bay Lake Towers. The March trip only uses 240 of the points we're getting, so what's a little 42 point trip?

I'm in (first!)
Happy birthday to K-my uncle and cat were born on the 23rd.

I told Mitch the cruise we went on in April was for his birthday. ;) Whatever works, right? :thumbsup2 You certainly deserve an adults only trip.

When we fly to Florida we always use Southwest. I have never gotten a rate lower than $99 each way. It's so expensive, that it's part of the reason we don't go to Disney very often.

After hearing several of my friends talk about Airtran, and finding a link that was posted for a $25 Airtran voucher, I was really excited about saving some money! :banana:

I got the voucher sent to four different e-mails in our family and booked two one way flights for two. That way I was able to use vouchers each way. I thought Airtran might not have as good of deals for a one-way flight, but that's not the case.

So, here's the link if anyone else needs it.
Airtran $25 Vouchers
Book by 10/31, travel by 12/18

I am here too! Looks like you will have a great time. I am curious to read how you are going to tell him.

I'm in (first!)
Happy birthday to K-my uncle and cat were born on the 23rd.
How funny! :laughing: Glad to have you!

I told Mitch the cruise we went on in April was for his birthday. ;) Whatever works, right? :thumbsup2 You certainly deserve an adults only trip.
Thanks for stopping by, Angela! :hug:

I am here too! Looks like you will have a great time. I am curious to read how you are going to tell him.
I just decided that today... It's going to be great. I love to do things up. :rolleyes1

:surfweb: I"m in!!!

I love the idea that you and your dh will be taking a birthday trip just the two of you and that it's a surprise!!!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your plans!!

I'm here:yay: Can't wait, expecially since I enabled

...ahem helped you make the deciision:rolleyes1

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

HEY! What's going on over here?

Are you going to introduce me?

LMBO.

MEL:banana:

Too late, Janet....

Thank you for flying AirTran Airways.
If you have any questions about your reservation, please
call 1-800-AIR-TRAN.

Confirmation number: C37***

Passengers:
Mel
Not Bob
Somewhere, MI

Flight Information:
Should our flight schedule change, we will notify you by email as early as possible.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Departing: 7:02 a.m.
Arriving: 9:38 a.m.

DANG DAWN...........

LOL:banana:

Too late, Janet....

Thank you for flying AirTran Airways.
If you have any questions about your reservation, please
call 1-800-AIR-TRAN.

Confirmation number: C37***

Passengers:
Mel
Not Bob
Somewhere, MI

Flight Information:
Should our flight schedule change, we will notify you by email as early as possible.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Departing: 7:02 a.m.
Arriving: 9:38 a.m.

DANG DAWN...........

LOL:banana:

:dance3::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay:

Uh-uh. No way. :sad: I am NOT doing a TR... This is all Dawn's idea. She can do it. :thumbsup2

So far, all I have is that we arrive in Orlando at 9:30 am on Wednesday. We'll meet up with whomever is available on Thursday night for dinner and then possible drinks/snacks at Raglan Road around 6 pm and then Friday we'll be at breakfast and then off to Epcot for most of the day. We have to catch ME from SSR at about 5:30 pm Friday to return home.

Dawn will be doing the BIG reveals on where/when/who/what etc. Don't wanna steal her thunder.

Mel :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter