NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Make sure to go check out the three I made for the cruise I'm taking if your interested!
Just go to Disney Magic 2019 summer meets and look under June 22!
ticker.php.png

I know phone lines have been a nightmare today. Tomorrow if a TA is booking a cruise, can they do it online just like I would if booking on my own? Just curious, bc if prices are going up and rooms on popular cruises are going to be in shorter supply by then, its a bit concerning...

I know phone lines have been a nightmare today. Tomorrow if a TA is booking a cruise, can they do it online just like I would if booking on my own? Just curious, bc if prices are going up and rooms on popular cruises are going to be in shorter supply by then, its a bit concerning...

Assuming the site doesn't crash, yes.

4pm PST and I have yet to even get on hold.....still just a busy signal. Looks like I'll be doing it online tomorrow morning.....if the site doesn't crash of course :sad2:

Any guess where the ships will be from September through December? Do you think all 4 will be in the Caribbean?

@Flossbolna
I just want to say that I love how you made the title "the watch continues." It's so evocauof how everyone feels.

The watch always continues! I was even wondering if it is already time to add a little note about 2020 there already. I am planning to start the 2020 thread when the fall 2019 dates are going to be announced...

The watch always continues! I was even wondering if it is already time to add a little note about 2020 there already. I am planning to start the 2020 thread when the fall 2019 dates are going to be announced...

How about 2021 new ship watch!? I’m hoping to donthe inaugural for my 40h bday! Too early? Lol

How about 2021 new ship watch!? I’m hoping to donthe inaugural for my 40h bday! Too early? Lol

At some point we should start that! I think once the first announcement with real info on the new ships is out, it would be great if someone would start a thread that collects all the info. But keeping a good thread up to date is quite a bit of work. Would be great if someone is willing to do that! I am sure the moderators will be happy to make it a sticky. Any volunteers???

At some point we should start that! I think once the first announcement with real info on the new ships is out, it would be great if someone would start a thread that collects all the info. But keeping a good thread up to date is quite a bit of work. Would be great if someone is willing to do that! I am sure the moderators will be happy to make it a sticky. Any volunteers???

I could probably do it. Think it is too early? I just saw an article on Disney parks blog but that’s it so far.

I have a question abou an observation I made earlier last week. If you look at what was purchased by platinum members and search a few comments about sold out B or C levels earlier in the start of sales,
Would anyone else think that maybe not every level of room is offered on opening day to platinum? I looked at the first evening and thought the primarily A level trend was strange. Maybe platinums preference is 11A or 10A, 4A, 5A but not really a B or C kinda group. This is a group I hope to join someday so I felt I should study them more so I can fit in later.

Or maybe Disney knows how to Sell a ship for the best bang of the buck. Offer the highest price rooms to those who get 10% off, then add rooms as A level fills and B level soon gets depleted leaving silver and newbies the high price B-C remainder. Anyone else see this?

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not sure everyone wants an A from the get go necessarily... our fav 9 is B for instance, and 11C on the newer ships. Midship and low works best for us price versus room, and sometimes you just can't rationalize a few extra hundred dollars for a room just a little ways away. Far more important to me is finding a cabin that is reviewed as being very quiet. Sometimes you can move up a cat and have a worse room, it just depends. For instance we sailed concierge for the first time in January and we hated the room sine the chairs above us scraped all the time and made a lot of noise during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter