Washers and dryers and BWV studios

Louise-Montreal

<font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy
I know that the studios are not equipped with washers and dryers, however where are they located and are they free. If not how much, and do the studios provide any soap for the washers and dryers. Will be home in three days- can't wait!! Thanks.

Louise

Hi Louise

You are right in thinking that the washers and dryers are free. You will need your room key to get in and when we were there a year ago we had to pay for the washing powder. Our room was on the first floor looking out on to the front of the hotel and the laundry room was on the same side of the corridor near the elevators - we had to pass it to get to our room if we went in from the lobby. Hope this helps.

Have a GRRRRREAT time.

Jan

BUT!!!!

The FREE washers and dryers leave a LOT to be desired in the condition of the actual equipment and the cond of the room itself.

There is another laundry room on the Inn side. 2nd or 3rd floor........and while they're pay machines they are at least fairly CLEAN machines in comparison to the freebies.

I'd rather pay a few bucks to get my clothes washed.

Also I didn't need a room key for the free washer/dryers. But you do need it for the pay ones............

last year it was $1.00 for a box of detergent (Tide) to do one load. We are leaving in a few weeks and I purchased the laundry tablets to take, easy to pack and much cheaper. Have a great trip!!

DisMN
I found the same to be true of the free laundry room at OKW......not exactly dirty, but the equipment wasn't in great shape. I think we will never be staying in a studio long enough to need to do the laundry from now on....I'd prefer to have it in my room anyway so I'll be staying in a 1br!

Lesley

1979 Contemporary
1992 Off-site
1994 Carribean Beach
1999 Fort Wilderness and Coronado Springs
2000 Polynesian and Old Key West
2002 Boardwalk Villas

Isn't that weird that the free room would be gross? I'm glad to know it wasn't my imagination! LOL

And as far as saving money, I USED to bring my own detergent but nyahhhhhhh......not too afraid to spend a buck for detergent! One box gets me 3-4 loads anyhoo.........so it really doesn't cost that much. :) :)

How do people go thru a week withOUT needing to do laundry? We only bring one suitcase per person so maybe that's it.......we just don't bring enough clothes.......
;) ;)

I just ask one of the maids in the hall for detergent, and have always gotten a couple of boxes of Tide. Just smile and say please. :D

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx.

It has been awhile since I used the machines in the laundry room and I do not remember if they have Cheer? I cannot use Tide. If not I will have to bring my own. Also do they have Bounce dryer sheets and Downy softner? Did I remember seeing these items at the Screen Door?

I also was planning on purchasing the laundry tablets for our washer. In the 1 bedrooms I believe they give you 1 loads worth of detergent. So I'm planning on bringing along a few tablets to do at least one more load. They won't take up so much room and it saves that $1.00 to go towards the $2.50 soda they
charge!!! LOL

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

We stayed in a BWV 2-bedroom last November. After T&T day I noticed the housekeeper didn't leave another box of Tide so dh went down the hall to ask for one (he had just returned from trying to give her the tip envelope she left behind - which, btw, she refused). I wasn't sure if we were entitled to get another box of soap but thought maybe she'd be grateful for the 'attempted' tip and give it to him anyway. He came back empty handed. Apparently she said something about only one box per stay. No biggie, we went down to the General Store and bought some. I've been using the Tide tablets at home so I'll bring some of those for our next trip.

castle_moonlight.jpg

<font face="Class Garmnd BT"><font color="ff69b4"><big>Jennybºoº benny</big></font>
<font color="9400d3">~~DVC Member~~
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00, CBR '01
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV~June '01, ASM/BWV~Nov '01</font>
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/jillian&kylecharacterpage.html">Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</a></font>

ANYONE staying at the resorts whether it be on points or cash and probably even people coming over from the hotel side are probably using the W/D's.

WOW, another reason to stay in a one-bedroom or higher, plus you don't have to experience some of the rude people who use EVERY single W/D in the room when other people are waiting.

We just returned from OKW (3/1). We were in a 1-bedroom and I love having the W&D. We had spent 3 nights at VB in a studio w/o a W&D.

During the year I receive samples of washing soaps and I save those for my trips. I had some liquid and some tablets and along with the free box I had plenty of soap. I always have ziplock bags which remain in my suitcase with dryer sheets and a Stainstick for more serious stains. This has always worked well for me. I replenish when I return home and don't worry about it when I pack the next time. Another thing I always have in my suitcase is extra ziplock bags, along with a paring knife and grapefruit knife.

One thing I noticed on the villa list of equipment is that they no longer provide placemats and napkins. You can ask for them. We didn't and used paper towels for napkins. And I was happy that now OKW has installed hair dryers in the bathrooms. (I asked before I looked and they told me they had put them in last summer.)

Hope this info helps.
Pattyoh

I used the "free" washer and dryers last year and I didn't think the room was that offensive.

Sure I have seen cleaner ones but it wasn't like I was going to eat off the floor.

I would and do my laundry first thing in the morning and it was nice and quite with no one else around.

Must have been bad weeks when I checked out the free laundry.

It smelled so bad in there it almost made me sick.........*think old socks*.

When I did my laundry I was quite shocked at the condition of my clothes out of the washer. Don't think I've EVER seen a poorer washer in my life! The clothes were still dirty AND the laundry soap hadn't even disolved. There was a thick slime around the top inner rim of the washer so that when I removed the somewhat clean clothes *after 3 washings* they got dirty again.....full of the slime!

Yes, I did mention it to someone but they ignored it as the next trip *3 months later* the same situation was there.
Luckily I found out about the pay laundry and just used that.

It's obvious the laundry gets a lot of use so I wonder why they don't have another one available?

And, no, I wouldn't expect it to be dirty just because it's free. I would expect it to be cleaned and in fairly good operation just like any part of the hotel......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter