Was told Disney races suspended?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Someone told DH today that he'd heard that all Disney races were suspended indefinitely (!) So DH checked when he got home and they're all still being advertised, at least at WDW. The person heard this from someone in California, so I'm wondering if he was referring to a situation at DisneyLAND. Any idea what might have really happened that led to this rumor?

Don't believe everything you hear from somebody who may have heard it from somebody else who may have....

But you can absolutely trust the internet, 100% :flower:

Someone told DH today that he'd heard that all Disney races were suspended indefinitely (!) So DH checked when he got home and they're all still being advertised, at least at WDW. The person heard this from someone in California, so I'm wondering if he was referring to a situation at DisneyLAND. Any idea what might have really happened that led to this rumor?
He’s correct Run Disney in CA has been put on indefinite hiatus... I think aside from W&D ending this year or taking a hiatus in 2019 due to the timing of Galaxy Edge opening FL races will stay put

Why would Wine and Dine take a hiatus? Sure the crowds will be high but I don’t see the need for a hiatus.
I’d assume DHS will be having lots of EMH and upcharge events and so unless they totally rerouted the half to avoid there

I’d assume DHS will be having lots of EMH and upcharge events and so unless they totally rerouted the half to avoid there

We don't even know if it'll be open by then. It's also only a couple of days, not worth losing all thr money from the runners for a couple of emm's. And if it's that big of a deal they can do a route like 2 years ago that only went through ak ans epcot.

They meant California races. And no, wine and dine isn't going away either. The only day that would effect EMM would be the day of the half, and all they would have to do is not have an EMM that Sunday. Simple. Lol.

Wine and Dine is not going away. Extra Magic Hour can still happen even with a race going on.

People love to make up Run Disney race rumors that they heard from the brother of the Bus Driver's friend who knows the CM at the bar at DAK. Most of the time they are false because these people don't know anything.

Extra Magic Hour can still happen even with a race going on

Very True. On marathon weekend the parks are open while runners run through. I've run through both DHS and EPCOT with the parks open. They use ropes to keep the runners separate from the park guests. In DHS people line up along the rope and cheer, that's part of the appeal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter