Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

If I have a dining reservation at the 2nd park I’m going to before 2pm, will they allow me in earlier? Didn’t realize the 2pm when I booked
No. You will either need to change your park reservation to the park with the ADR or, change the ADR to 2PM or later.

If I have a dining reservation at the 2nd park I’m going to before 2pm, will they allow me in earlier? Didn’t realize the 2pm when I booked
They will not. Imagine how many people would be making dining reservations to avoid the 2:00 hopping rule. The earliest I have gotten into a park when hopping was at EPCOT, 1:45...

We will be in WDW the week before Christmas. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas (not DVC members) and had planned to "hop" to Epcot most evenings to enjoy the festival of the holidays and of course take advantage of the extended hours on Monday the 20th at EPCOT. We will be at HS that day but the calendar now indicates that there is NO AVAILABILITY at any park for reservations that day. How does this affect park hopping? We have dinner reservations at EPCOT that night and wonder if we should cancel ... and does that mean we cannot get in for the extended hours in the evening?

You'll be fine to park hop. They've only stopped park hopping once in recent memory to Magic Kingdom and have not done that at all at the other parks, even on days with no availability. Keep your plans and enjoy!

It will only affect park hopping if WDW announces that park hopping is not allowed for certain parks that day. It's only happened once, to MK on the 50th anniversary. even then, MK reopened for hopping eventually.

You'll be fine to park hop. They've only stopped park hopping once in recent memory to Magic Kingdom and have not done that at all at the other parks, even on days with no availability. Keep your plans and enjoy!

It will only affect park hopping if WDW announces that park hopping is not allowed for certain parks that day. It's only happened once, to MK on the 50th anniversary. even then, MK reopened for hopping eventually.

I really needed to hear that info! I'm sitting here full of anxiety because I looked at the reservation calendar today and saw that the 6th (MK and HS) and 7th (HS) are at capacity. Our plans have us at HS on the 7th so I'm not moving that. However we have plans to hop to HS on the 5th for a late evening Savi's reservation. Was considering making the 5th a HS morning and hop to AK in the afternoon, before hopping back to HS. The above info makes me rest a bit easier, and we will continue with our plans.
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Just want to make sure we can do this as I’ve never had to deal with park passes before. We are planning on having a “down day” in the middle of the week where we’re not going to go to a park until late afternoon. We were thinking about HS for awhile and then maybe take the Skyliner to Epcot to see Harmonious. As long as we have a pass for our initial park, HS, even if it’s after 2pm when we show up to HS…we can then hop to Epcot anytime after, correct? Thanks.

Yep! Just make sure you tap into Hollywood Studios before going to Epcot. You can't hop if you don't enter the park for which you have a reservation.

Just want to make sure we can do this as I’ve never had to deal with park passes before. We are planning on having a “down day” in the middle of the week where we’re not going to go to a park until late afternoon. We were thinking about HS for awhile and then maybe take the Skyliner to Epcot to see Harmonious. As long as we have a pass for our initial park, HS, even if it’s after 2pm when we show up to HS…we can then hop to Epcot anytime after, correct? Thanks.
Your question has been merged with the, 'Everything Park Hopping' thread.

Yes, as long as you go to the park that you have a reservation, you may hop after 2:00.

Post 1 of this thread has a lot of helpful information gathered from many who have hopped.

I have an Animal Kingdom reservation on a hopper ticket for new years eve. What is the risk of not being able to hop around after 2pm (specifically going to epcot late in the evening)?

I have an Animal Kingdom reservation on a hopper ticket for new years eve. What is the risk of not being able to hop around after 2pm (specifically going to epcot late in the evening)?
To date the only time hopping was stopped was for a few hours on Oct 1 to the MK so the chances of being able to hop to Epcot are high. Even over Thanksgiving, hopping was not stopped to any park.

Epcot has the largest capacity of any WDW park, so chances of its closing are small. I’m not sure it has ever closed, even prepandemic when MK would close. There were 4 stages of closure then, so it’s possible Epcot reached a lower tier of closure, I just can’t remember.

To date the only time hopping was stopped was for a few hours on Oct 1 to the MK so the chances of being able to hop to Epcot are high. Even over Thanksgiving, hopping was not stopped to any park.
This really is key, I hope. I'm assuming that for Oct 1 a huge number of people who couldn't get MK park reservations bought hoppers thinking they could just game the reservation system, then they all tried to get to MK 2:00. I've seen people on these boards talking about trying to do that around Christimas so I'm a little nervous about one ADR in MK when we have a different park reserved. We only did that because it was literally the only option for one of DSD's must do restaurants. I realize I'm doing that at my own risk. Hopefully Disney has managed the reservation + ticket data so people don't get locked out unless true capacity is reached.

We all know that Magic Kingdom has reached true capacity on Christmas Day, New Years Day, and I think 4th of July in the past but I wonder if that was more of an issue when there were more non-expiring non date based tickets floating around out there.

We all know that Magic Kingdom has reached true capacity on Christmas Day, New Years Day, and I think 4th of July in the past but I wonder if that was more of an issue when there were more non-expiring non date based tickets floating around out there.
I don’t remember exact date, but Magic Kingdom has not reached a stage 4 closure for many years pre-pandemic. I think the park reservation system is allowing Disney to control attendance far better than they could back in the days of staged closures. Hopefully you won’t have any trouble with that ADR!

Trying to predict whether or not park hopping will be suspended over Christmas / New Years. Was it suspended last Thanksgiving?

There were no reports of park hopping being suspended over Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter