Was It Too Hot to Eat? Never! A Holiday Dining Report Complete! Raglan Road and Paddlefish

Mike and I needed to work all morning (bad thing about modern technology). After that we met our friends at Epcot. By the time we arrived, we were famished. So far we hadn't hit the Flower & Garden booths. Time to correct this. Off to Mexico. We shared Tlacoyo: Blue Corn Masa topped with Black Bean Spread, Ground Chorizo, Queso Fresco and Mexican Cream. This was so good! Plus it was a huge portion. Plenty for Mike and I to take the edge off our hunger. We also shared Rosé Sangria: Withers Rosé Wine, Tequila Blanco, Elderflower and Ginger Liqueur, Pineapple, Cactus Pear and Ginger Juices. This was also very good. The mixture of wine and tequila was fabulous. This booth was an overall win!
View attachment 436783
View attachment 436784
No day at Epcot is complete without a stop at La Cava del Tequila. Usually we just stop for a margarita to go. This day, we decided to take a little more time and enjoy some tequila and chips. There were two salsa. Both were pretty spicy. One was kinda smokey. All of it was great.
View attachment 436782

Ray and I also had a couple shots of tequila
View attachment 436785View attachment 436786
We also shared a tequila flight
View attachment 436787View attachment 436788
I absolutely had to have an avocado margarita. I love this so much.View attachment 436789
Sandy had a red margarita. I don't recall what it was. She liked it though. Blood orange maybe?
View attachment 436791

We loved our time here. I will not hesitate to spend an hour or so chillaxin here in the future.

Totally agree with La Cava!! Nice review. I’ll be there in 20 days.

That night we had dinner at Tokyo Dining. The restaurant was very pretty, but minimalist in design. We felt very comfortable here, and of course the AC was delightful.

We started with an appetizer of vegetable tempura. We had zucchini, I think eggplants and onion straws. They were light and crispy. I swear there was another vegetable but I don't remember what it was.
20190530_203752-2268x3024.jpg

I really wanted to try their Udon as I make it myself at home. Wanted to compare you know. It was too hot for soup. Mike and I shared a couple sushi rolls. Specialty Roll - Spicy Crunchy Roll,inside out roll. Tuna and salmon mix, topped with tempura crunch, dynamite and volcano drizzle and a Specialty Roll - Volcano Rollinside out roll. California Roll topped with tuna, yellowtail, salmon, smelt roe, tempura crunch and spicy chili mayo. The photo shows a 3rd roll, I just don't remember it. These were good. Better than your neighborhood sushi place, but not as good as California Grill or Kimonos.

20190530_203551-2268x3024.jpg20190530_203559-3024x2268.jpg20190530_203546-2268x3024.jpg

Ray had Wasabi ShrimpGrilled Shrimp served over Grilled Zucchini Topped with Kimizu Wasabi Sauce. This was a visually appealing dish. He liked the taste. Eat with your eyes and your mouth, as they say.
20190530_203758-2268x3024.jpg

I swear Sandy had shrimp tempura, but I don't see it on the menu. Here's a picture. It was a miscellaneous yet tasty dish.
20190530_203749-2268x3024.jpg

After dinner we went outside to watch the fireworks. The deck outside the restaurant is the perfect place to watch illuminations, or now the new fireworks. Although this is a good choice for dinner at Epcot, I am not sure we will return any time soon. It wasn't that we didn't like it. We really did. I just like other restaurants better. Epcot is so tasty.

More work the next morning, then a trip offsite to World of Beer!! I had never been to this little beer joint on Restaurant Row. Basically it is a beer bar with hundreds of beers.
FB_IMG_1559358595718-720x540.jpg
I chose a local brewery that was going out of business Sofa Suds. It was really good.
FB_IMG_1559358589257-540x720.jpg
Thanks Ray for suggesting this nice diversion.

Reactions: DLo

That night we went to a place I had wanted to go to for years. Every time we would plan to go to Raglan Road, something would come up to make us cancel. Not this time! I am so glad because this was the best meal of the trip. In fact, we spent so much time there the manager basically kicked us out LOL.
FB_IMG_1559358628602-804x1080.jpg
We started off with a classic starter that I no longer see in the new menu. Tiny sausages dipped in beer batter and fried. They were served with a spicy mustard. I first had these at Cooke's of Dublin years ago. They were so good. I am really bummed they are gone from the menu.
20190531_180445-3024x2268.jpg
We also got a heavy brown bread and ci gear dipping sauce .
20190531_180621-2268x3024.jpg
20190531_180940-2268x3024.jpg
Of course we had to have some drinks. We were in a pub after all. I had an Irosh Car Bomb - Guiness stout with a shot of Irish whiskey and Baileys Irish Cream dropped into it. Yum!!
667550.jpg
Ray and I also had a Irish red ale. I believe it was Sedgewick's but I am not certain.
20190531_180745-2268x3024.jpg
I also tried a beer sampler.
20190531_195042-3024x2268.jpg20190531_194933-2268x3024.jpg
There was also a shot of whiskey in there somewhere. I can't find my photo.
Onto the real food. I had Keen Eye for Shepards Pie. I am again disappointed that this has been removed from the menu. This was the prettiest and tastiest Shepard's Pie ever!! The base was ground beef and lamb with celery, carrots, onions and peas, cooked in a res wine sauce. On top of the meat was a layer of wonderful mashed potatoes that were silky smooth and creamy. The top layer was a wonderful Dubliner cheese and onions. This was Irish heaven!! Comfort food at its finest.
20190531_183012-2268x3024.jpg

Mike ate another favorite dish, Bangin' Bangers & Mighty MashCheshire heritage pork Irish banger, mashed potato and traditional onion gravy. This was also the best version of this dish I have ever had. The mash was creamy with the perfect texture. The bangers were perfectly cooked and juicy. They had a slight caramelization on the outside. The onion gravy was perfectly seasoned and so good.
20190531_183006-2268x3024.jpg

I will continue next post.

Sandy ordered what Raglan Road seems to be known for Fish & ChipsOur famous beer battered fish & chips served with our fresh tartar sauce. She really liked this. Personally, I thought the portion was small. I am a Midwesterner who lo es he All You Can Eat Friday Fish Fry.
20190531_183139-2268x3024.jpg
Ray had the catch of the day. I think it was a pan sauteed haddock, but again I am not certain. I had imbibed in quite a bit of beer by that point, so my memory blurs.
20190531_183128-2268x3024.jpg
Although we were all drunk and/or stuffed, I just had to have dessert. We shared, and went with Ger's Bread & Butter PuddingLike no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us. I did believe them, and they were right. The little cup held so much pudding. The secret taste was fantastic. I would love some of this any time.
raglan-road.jpg
We also ordered Chocolate Heavenflourless chocolate cake, fresh berries, chocolate ganache with whipped cream. I can't find a photo, but I thi k it looked like this one from TripAdvisor. Ut was very rich. True heaven for a chocoholic.
168s.jpg
In the middle of dessert, Captain Mark and family joined us. They were running really late. The waitress said they couldn't order food, because she had closed us out. She would allow us all to order more drinks. She mentioned that we had been there an hour and a half, which was over the table limit. I said they were sharing in dessert, part of the reason we had ordered two. Although it given the chance they would have ordered actual meals. Also, even before they had arrived three of us had ordered another beer and /or whiskey that hadn't even been delivered yet. They had all ordered drinks, and not cheap ones either. Mrs. Cap had ordered some fruity apple specialty drink for about $15. I informed her that we were rushed to be seated, had ordered plenty and would continue to order. She said OK and brought our drinks. I wish I had not been so tipsy I forgot what the fruity apple drink was. It was Fabulous. I actually ordered one for myself. After those, we ordered another round and the waitress suggested a breakfast drink to ensure no hangover. It is called an Irish Gold, and it was also fantastic. I bombed whiskey into a glass of orange juice.
20190531_194151-2268x3024.jpg

I did not have a hangover the next day.

The entire time we were finishing our last rounds, the manager kept walking back and forth behind the table. Unfortunately for him, that did not force me to drink faster. Please don't hate me for this. We sincerely spent a ton of money during our extended stay, and tipped our waitress 30% for the priviledge. I understand tables need to be turned over, but we weren't nursing our drinks. We were spending money. Plus this is a pub. Disney or not, a pub is a pub is a pub. This is a meeting house to sit with friends and share some libations. I was a bit irritated at the vulture manager pacing back and forth behind our table. If there is a time limit on a table service dinner, let me know in advance. I have spent hours drinking at LaHacienda, O'Hana, Kona Cafe, Morimoto Asia, California Grill, Il Mulino and Monsuir Paul. Honestly the staff at those places just kept the liquor flowing, offered to put in orders for after dinner nosh and one even gave us free desserts when we hadn't taken time to order dessert yet. I never felt rushed or scolded like that.

Except for the issue of being given stink eye by the manager, we lived this place. The food was great. We will definately return here in a heartbeat.

The shepherd's pie is off the menu at Raglan????? That was my favorite!! :sad: Argh, I haven't been in a while just because there are so many fantastic options in Disney Springs but was planning to go next month and have exactly that. I think I read something recently about a time limit at tables there-- which I agree is weird for a pub. They need to be careful with the hospitality because while it's a fun place with good food there are so many choices there. Pretty easy to take your business somewhere else. Tokyo Dining looks good -- that's a spot that I have yet to try. Loved that dish at the Mexican booth during Flower and Garden -- really hope that it comes back. Also love La Cava -- just wish it was a little bigger!

I've never heard of time limits on tables! That's terrible. Nonetheless, I think I'd like to try Raglan Road, the food looks great and the drinks look even better!

The shepherd's pie is off the menu at Raglan????? That was my favorite!! :sad: Argh, I haven't been in a while just because there are so many fantastic options in Disney Springs but was planning to go next month and have exactly that. I think I read something recently about a time limit at tables there-- which I agree is weird for a pub. They need to be careful with the hospitality because while it's a fun place with good food there are so many choices there. Pretty easy to take your business somewhere else. Tokyo Dining looks good -- that's a spot that I have yet to try. Loved that dish at the Mexican booth during Flower and Garden -- really hope that it comes back. Also love La Cava -- just wish it was a little bigger!
I didn't mean to say that all Shepards Pie is off the menu, just the rendition of Shepards Pie that has been there forever. I read an article soon after we left that said a new chef was coming to RR. In the interview he mentioned that he would be updating some dishes. Shepards Pie was one he mentioned. I looked at the current menu. Sure enough, the Shepards Pie had a different description. I hope it is just as good.

You are right about so many places. We actually staggered over to Morimoto Asia for more drinks. No time limit there.

The best thing about Tokyo dining is the view of the fireworks. The food was good, but there are better offerings for Japanese elsewhere on property. I would definately return for the view.

Everything I have had in the Mexico pavilion has been outstanding. I have never tried San Angel Inn though. We love La Hacienda and La Cava.

I've never heard of time limits on tables! That's terrible. Nonetheless, I think I'd like to try Raglan Road, the food looks great and the drinks look even better!

The food and drinks were wonderful. This was the best food we had all vacation. Just weird about time limits. Good to know for next time.

That night we went to a place I had wanted to go to for years. Every time we would plan to go to Raglan Road, something would come up to make us cancel. Not this time! I am so glad because this was the best meal of the trip. In fact, we spent so much time there the manager basically kicked us out LOL.
View attachment 437718
We started off with a classic starter that I no longer see in the new menu. Tiny sausages dipped in beer batter and fried. They were served with a spicy mustard. I first had these at Cooke's of Dublin years ago. They were so good. I am really bummed they are gone from the menu.
View attachment 437723
We also got a heavy brown bread and ci gear dipping sauce .
View attachment 437724
View attachment 437725
Of course we had to have some drinks. We were in a pub after all. I had an Irosh Car Bomb - Guiness stout with a shot of Irish whiskey and Baileys Irish Cream dropped into it. Yum!!
View attachment 437726
Ray and I also had a Irish red ale. I believe it was Sedgewick's but I am not certain.
View attachment 437730
I also tried a beer sampler.
View attachment 437731View attachment 437732
There was also a shot of whiskey in there somewhere. I can't find my photo.
Onto the real food. I had Keen Eye for Shepards Pie. I am again disappointed that this has been removed from the menu. This was the prettiest and tastiest Shepard's Pie ever!! The base was ground beef and lamb with celery, carrots, onions and peas, cooked in a res wine sauce. On top of the meat was a layer of wonderful mashed potatoes that were silky smooth and creamy. The top layer was a wonderful Dubliner cheese and onions. This was Irish heaven!! Comfort food at its finest.
View attachment 437736

Mike ate another favorite dish, Bangin' Bangers & Mighty MashCheshire heritage pork Irish banger, mashed potato and traditional onion gravy. This was also the best version of this dish I have ever had. The mash was creamy with the perfect texture. The bangers were perfectly cooked and juicy. They had a slight caramelization on the outside. The onion gravy was perfectly seasoned and so good.
View attachment 437745

I will continue next post.
this looks amazing! we plan to visit here on our next trip in May. My favorite: Scallops in the Forest. YUMMO!!!!!!

Sandy ordered what Raglan Road seems to be known for Fish & ChipsOur famous beer battered fish & chips served with our fresh tartar sauce. She really liked this. Personally, I thought the portion was small. I am a Midwesterner who lo es he All You Can Eat Friday Fish Fry.
View attachment 437748
Ray had the catch of the day. I think it was a pan sauteed haddock, but again I am not certain. I had imbibed in quite a bit of beer by that point, so my memory blurs.
View attachment 437749
Although we were all drunk and/or stuffed, I just had to have dessert. We shared, and went with Ger's Bread & Butter PuddingLike no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us. I did believe them, and they were right. The little cup held so much pudding. The secret taste was fantastic. I would love some of this any time.
View attachment 437750
We also ordered Chocolate Heavenflourless chocolate cake, fresh berries, chocolate ganache with whipped cream. I can't find a photo, but I thi k it looked like this one from TripAdvisor. Ut was very rich. True heaven for a chocoholic.
View attachment 437752
In the middle of dessert, Captain Mark and family joined us. They were running really late. The waitress said they couldn't order food, because she had closed us out. She would allow us all to order more drinks. She mentioned that we had been there an hour and a half, which was over the table limit. I said they were sharing in dessert, part of the reason we had ordered two. Although it given the chance they would have ordered actual meals. Also, even before they had arrived three of us had ordered another beer and /or whiskey that hadn't even been delivered yet. They had all ordered drinks, and not cheap ones either. Mrs. Cap had ordered some fruity apple specialty drink for about $15. I informed her that we were rushed to be seated, had ordered plenty and would continue to order. She said OK and brought our drinks. I wish I had not been so tipsy I forgot what the fruity apple drink was. It was Fabulous. I actually ordered one for myself. After those, we ordered another round and the waitress suggested a breakfast drink to ensure no hangover. It is called an Irish Gold, and it was also fantastic. I bombed whiskey into a glass of orange juice.
View attachment 437753

I did not have a hangover the next day.

The entire time we were finishing our last rounds, the manager kept walking back and forth behind the table. Unfortunately for him, that did not force me to drink faster. Please don't hate me for this. We sincerely spent a ton of money during our extended stay, and tipped our waitress 30% for the priviledge. I understand tables need to be turned over, but we weren't nursing our drinks. We were spending money. Plus this is a pub. Disney or not, a pub is a pub is a pub. This is a meeting house to sit with friends and share some libations. I was a bit irritated at the vulture manager pacing back and forth behind our table. If there is a time limit on a table service dinner, let me know in advance. I have spent hours drinking at LaHacienda, O'Hana, Kona Cafe, Morimoto Asia, California Grill, Il Mulino and Monsuir Paul. Honestly the staff at those places just kept the liquor flowing, offered to put in orders for after dinner nosh and one even gave us free desserts when we hadn't taken time to order dessert yet. I never felt rushed or scolded like that.

Except for the issue of being given stink eye by the manager, we lived this place. The food was great. We will definately return here in a heartbeat.
how after reading your last part that makes me sad. You are absolutely correct - its a pub, you are drinking and enjoying conversation. There really wasn't any reason to be made to feel rushed like that. I don't think you have anything to apologize for.

this looks amazing! we plan to visit here on our next trip in May. My favorite: Scallops in the Forest. YUMMO!!!!!!

Next time I want the scallop Forrest. I found what appetizer we had, the Dalkey Duo. Everything was amazing.

how after reading your last part that makes me sad. You are absolutely correct - its a pub, you are drinking and enjoying conversation. There really wasn't any reason to be made to feel rushed like that. I don't think you have anything to apologize for.

I apologized because I figured some folks want to get into their own reservation, especially if they have a large party. We were table hogging. Frankly, I think table hogging is wrong if you just sit getting free refills and not ordering. But this is a pub. A place to sit with friends. We probably ordered just as much as some people would pay for dinner, and would have paid more had we been able to order some more munchies for the Cap n wifey. The way the manager did it was just rude.

I will still go back though, have dinner and leave to go drinking somewhere else. Thanks for thinking I had nothing to apologize for. Thanks for the support.

Our final day brought us back to Disney Springs. I have to say, I miss the old Pleasure Island. It is really like a big mall now. Anyway, we had a final lunch at Paddlefish. I was very excited to come here. We loved Fultons. The preciously October we had gone to a culinary demo at Epcot featuring the chef there, and a scallop dish that I now make at home. I really wanted to see what they had.

I chose Linguini & ClamsCedar Key Littlenecks, white wine, garlic, lemon, parsley. This had good flavor. It definately needed more sauce though. The noodles were a bit dry. The sauce tastes good, so I really wanted more off it. The noodles were a perfect al dente. The clams were sweet, without a grain to be found. While I would not order this again, I liked it and would recommend this to any clam fan.
20190601_120036-2268x3024.jpg

Mike chose Crispy Fishfried flounder, lemon-caper aioli, pickle, romaine, tomato, red onion, brioche. He thought the sandwich was just ok. The batter was nice and crispy, but the fish itself didn't have much flavor. I tasted it and thought it was a very nice light fish. This would be perfect for someone who doesn't like fishy fish. The chips were good. Mike really liked them. Personally I am a French fry girl and would have asked that they switch them out.20190601_120014-2268x3024.jpg

Ray had Shrimp PastaLinguine, Florida Rock shrimp, asparagus, tomato, crab broth. I was really surprised that the birth was a little creamy. Of course I had a taste of this. The shrimp were nice and plump. Although I am not a cream sauce fan, the sauce was pretty darn good. This would be perfect for someone who likes a light cream sauce. Ray enjoyed it.
20190601_120031-2268x3024.jpg

I have definitely saved the best dish for last. Sandy had Crispy Shrimpflash fried, cocktail sauce, skin on fries. Stevie's were the best fried shrimp ever! They were big and juicy. The batter was light yet very crispy. The seasoning was perfect. She shared one with me. It was perfect.

20190601_120023-3024x2268.jpg

I couldn't leave Disney without having dessert. Sandy and Ray ordered New York-style Cheesecake Farm-fresh strawberry compote. This was very simple, yet refreshing and good.20190601_124001-2268x3024.jpg

Take and I ordered Chocolate Creme Brulee with raspberries. This was PURE HEAVEN!!💖💖 The creme was smooth. The rich chocolate flavor was fantastic! This sugar on top had the perfect amount of French and parmulis Asian. It seemed to have chocolate in the sugar as well. I need to learn to make this ASAP.

20190601_123955-2268x3024.jpg

So that and our hot vacation on the perfect note. We had plenty of good things to eat. Air conditioning really helped. We had back to Disney on Friday, so I finished this just in time

Our final day brought us back to Disney Springs. I have to say, I miss the old Pleasure Island. It is really like a big mall now. Anyway, we had a final lunch at Paddlefish. I was very excited to come here. We loved Fultons. The preciously October we had gone to a culinary demo at Epcot featuring the chef there, and a scallop dish that I now make at home. I really wanted to see what they had.

I chose Linguini & ClamsCedar Key Littlenecks, white wine, garlic, lemon, parsley. This had good flavor. It definately needed more sauce though. The noodles were a bit dry. The sauce tastes good, so I really wanted more off it. The noodles were a perfect al dente. The clams were sweet, without a grain to be found. While I would not order this again, I liked it and would recommend this to any clam fan.
View attachment 440193

Mike chose Crispy Fishfried flounder, lemon-caper aioli, pickle, romaine, tomato, red onion, brioche. He thought the sandwich was just ok. The batter was nice and crispy, but the fish itself didn't have much flavor. I tasted it and thought it was a very nice light fish. This would be perfect for someone who doesn't like fishy fish. The chips were good. Mike really liked them. Personally I am a French fry girl and would have asked that they switch them out.View attachment 440253

Ray had Shrimp PastaLinguine, Florida Rock shrimp, asparagus, tomato, crab broth. I was really surprised that the birth was a little creamy. Of course I had a taste of this. The shrimp were nice and plump. Although I am not a cream sauce fan, the sauce was pretty darn good. This would be perfect for someone who likes a light cream sauce. Ray enjoyed it.
View attachment 440270

I have definitely saved the best dish for last. Sandy had Crispy Shrimpflash fried, cocktail sauce, skin on fries. Stevie's were the best fried shrimp ever! They were big and juicy. The batter was light yet very crispy. The seasoning was perfect. She shared one with me. It was perfect.

View attachment 440284

I couldn't leave Disney without having dessert. Sandy and Ray ordered New York-style Cheesecake Farm-fresh strawberry compote. This was very simple, yet refreshing and good.View attachment 440285

Take and I ordered Chocolate Creme Brulee with raspberries. This was PURE HEAVEN!!💖💖 The creme was smooth. The rich chocolate flavor was fantastic! This sugar on top had the perfect amount of French and parmulis Asian. It seemed to have chocolate in the sugar as well. I need to learn to make this ASAP.

View attachment 440296

So that and our hot vacation on the perfect note. We had plenty of good things to eat. Air conditioning really helped. We had back to Disney on Friday, so I finished this just in time
uh - YUM!!!! that creme brulee looks amazing! did you ask for the recipe? ;)

uh - YUM!!!! that creme brulee looks amazing! did you ask for the recipe? ;)
I actually did ask for the recipe. Our waitress was not super friendly, and said they don't do that there. I know this isn't true because I have gotten recipes from there before . I have the email adresse of the manager. I will email her and ask for it. I just keep forgetting to do that.I need me some chocolate crumb brulee ASAP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter