Was contacted by Member Satisfaction

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
The enhancements regarding registration for Moonlight Magic involves a new server and there should be fewer members who are spit out of the system. The CM felt it will be better, and would like feedback. I told her that I will be trying for the MK.

The call was prompted by my email. When on my last DCL cruise, I went to a DVC meet, not the one for members. One of the perks for buying was the Moonlight Magic nights. It was all I could do to stop myself from talking up about being online at 9 AM did not even guarantee enrollment, since the computer system they had could spit you out of the queue.

Still, apparently there are more members interested in going then there is room for.

Maybe MMs are not a good idea.:confused3

We are going to try to get into the August 22nd one at AK. I know that time of year is not as busy as earlier in the summer so hoping we have a shot!

The real issue is that management itself doesn't care if people get locked out, if people buy with that in the pitch. Once the contract is signed, the points are sold.

Reps care, because they're on the front lines. But they get very little say in infrastructure.

Frankly, "a new server!" sounds like a band-aid. They need a full load-balancing system. Unless "new server" is how they're dumbing it down to say it'll be better, and have a lot more back end than that suggests.

This system of a "virtual waiting room" was used for Hamilton tickets at the Walt Disney Theater at Dr. Phillips Center recently. It was a huge failure. Hope DVC is not using the same IT team or servers.

Laura

This system of a "virtual waiting room" was used for Hamilton tickets at the Walt Disney Theater at Dr. Phillips Center recently. It was a huge failure. Hope DVC is not using the same IT team or servers.

Laura

Ticketmaster may have been involved, and Ticketmaster actually have the economic case to invest in a system to deal with those kinds of things, as they need the capacity and balance on a much more frequent basis. They've not bothered. I have a hard time seeing Disney really making the investment required to make the load balancing work for MM, where there is limited economic case, and getting it to sufficient hardness is going to be expensive.

Laura

What do you mean with failure?
I have bought tickets for the Harry Potter play right after its debut in London, when they released tickets for the following year (and the whole world tried to book them). They used a similar system, I was lucky and got in 20 minutes and got my tickets, others were stuck in the queue, people tried to log in for hours, but tickets were long gone by then.
Was it a failure? A lot of people didn't get in and were frustrated. But it's not something that can be avoided: if 1000 tickets are available and a 100,000 people want them, 99000 are going to be disappointed (made up numbers)
However the system at any point was showing the position in the queue, and no one was kicked out due to a glitch. You could even close the browser and log in again and not loose the position in the queue.
I hope for a system that removes the frustration of the technical problems. The frustration due to being limited availability events cannot be prevented.

The enhancements regarding registration for Moonlight Magic involves a new server and there should be fewer members who are spit out of the system. The CM felt it will be better, and would like feedback. I told her that I will be trying for the MK.

The call was prompted by my email. When on my last DCL cruise, I went to a DVC meet, not the one for members. One of the perks for buying was the Moonlight Magic nights. It was all I could do to stop myself from talking up about being online at 9 AM did not even guarantee enrollment, since the computer system they had could spit you out of the queue.

Still, apparently there are more members interested in going then there is room for.

Maybe MMs are not a good idea.:confused3

With the new limitations this year - Fewer people that members can register and limiting members to only one event per park it may be the real test if this is something that can be managed for the membership into the future. I think the membership is likely too large unless they wanted to have every event at MK.

Last edited:

With the new limitations this year - Fewer people that members can register and limiting members to only one event per park it may be the real test if this is something that can be managed for the membership into the future. I think the membership is likely too large unless they wanted to have every event at MK.

I agree. MK has capacity for far more guests than any of the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter