Was 25% off really 15% off in reality?

We called DCL Guest Relations and the discount is per person. So, for example, if I booked a cabin for myself and my mother, who wasn't on this cruise, only I would receive the 25% discount. So the discount doesn't apply to a whole reservation just to the passengers who were on the Dream or Fantasy.

Is anyone planning on using the discount on a Walt Disney World stay? If they are running promos for the dates I choose, would my 25% be on top if that, like they're letting people stack the discount on top if the FL rates?

Also, how do I get it for WDW? Is WDW Travel aware of the discount??

I'm really glad that the discounts stack for those that were affected by Sandy. THAT'S the DCL service I expect. I'm glad at least they're trying to make it right!

Update!

My kids and I have decided to give DCL another chance and use our discount on a 7 night Fantasy cruise. :thumbsup2

My 13yo is still leery, and even more leery that her three older siblings voted for a 7 night rather than 4, but willing to give it a try. :goodvibes

I guess time does heal all wounds. ;)

Anyway, we are currently booked in two 9A GTY's for a total of just under $4200, which combines an old onboard booking we moved and the Sandy discount - which is only $1323 more than DH & I paid for our Fantasy cruise last year!

So to answer the thread question, no, 25% was not 15% in reality - they took off the 10% OBB first and then the 25%.

I'd love to hear from others affected by Sandy who have decided to give DCL another chance!

Update!

I'd love to hear from others affected by Sandy who have decided to give DCL another chance!

My wife and I were on that cruise and we just re-booked another 7 night for Feb 2014. For what its worth, we were not really bothered too much by the whole circumstances surrounding the hurricane, even though we were all the way at the front of the boat and high up (Deck 12). The biggest inconvenience for us was getting into port late and the chaos of getting off the ship didn't enable us to make it to the airport and get on our scheduled flight, but we were able to re-book a flight for only a few hours later and our travel insurance covered everything. So in total it was just a few more hours worth of time and no additional expense etc.

The 25% off is great for us as we were able to use it to book a suite again, but I can verify it is only good for those on the cruise, as my wife and I got the discount on our suite for the re-booking but my family who booked the adjoining room didn't get the discount.

that seems like the claim that Tables in Wonderland is only a 2% discount because you must pay an 18% tip on your meals. Which is only true if you planned not to tip at all.

Saying a 25% discount is only 15% because they could already get the online booking discount of 10% seems kind of in that league. And apparently the Sandy discount was stackable...which could mean a 30% discount.

I know there were some who wanted a refund because they never planned to cruise again.

My parents were on the Fantasy cruise impacted by Sandy. We had already booked 5 cabins on the Dream for August to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary, but my Mom just couldn't get comfortable with another sailing smack in hurricane season.

We just rebooked for the Thanksgiving sailing on the Magic out of Miami. They couldn't use the 25% discount because it was a holiday sailing.

After their Fantasy cruise, my parents were able to make their 2pm flight or they would have been stranded at MCO until the next morning. Mom still feels some discomfort in her back and neck from the night spent bracing herself against the tossing and turning. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter