WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at Home!!! We’re Professionals Update: 3/18 Video

Great way for me to start the day lol And for your Buzz Lightyear disappointment I actually do think the ride is fixed because I have maxed out the ride myself and have absolutely no clue how lol The reason why Toy Story Midway Mania is much better in my opinion(but mostly because I am way too good at that game lol)

The first picture would have been perfect but some guy had to stick his giant head in the way!

Oh, Buzz. Why does your ride have to be so hard?!

The castle <3 <3

OMG, your excitement is contagious even from a trip report!!! Sounds like such a fun trip with a bunch of wacky people :D I'm glad you have other reports so that I can read those as I wait for your next update here!

Great way for me to start the day lol And for your Buzz Lightyear disappointment I actually do think the ride is fixed because I have maxed out the ride myself and have absolutely no clue how lol The reason why Toy Story Midway Mania is much better in my opinion(but mostly because I am way too good at that game lol)

:cool1: Glad we can make your morning a little more enjoyable!!!

Toy Story Mania is SO MUCH BETTER!!! Mainly because I can see where I am aiming and adjust, with Buzz I am just shooting blind. Granted I am not much better at Toy Stry Mania but I atleast have fun failing at that one :rotfl:

The first picture would have been perfect but some guy had to stick his giant head in the way!

Oh, Buzz. Why does your ride have to be so hard?!

The castle <3 <3

I was thinking that after I posted it. On this trip tall men had a tendency of blocking my line of vision..

Tell me about it, silly Buzz!!!

A sight that no one can ever get tired of princess::lovestruc

OMG, your excitement is contagious even from a trip report!!! Sounds like such a fun trip with a bunch of wacky people :D I'm glad you have other reports so that I can read those as I wait for your next update here!

Welcome aboard and than you for reading!!! It was one of my favorite trips to date. Everyone made it so fun and outrageous. I hope you like the other reports and the rest of this one as well :thumbsup2

I'm with you on not liking Buzz Lightyear! I always stink! But once, I was complaining about riding it and once we got on, we got stuck at a good place I guess and I ended up maxing it out before we were half way through the ride, and every time since then I've always got the lowest amount of points :p

I'm with you on not liking Buzz Lightyear! I always stink! But once, I was complaining about riding it and once we got on, we got stuck at a good place I guess and I ended up maxing it out before we were half way through the ride, and every time since then I've always got the lowest amount of points :p

I'm glad that I'm not alone in my Buzz-tastic-stinkage :rotfl: At least you can say "I did good that one time!!!" For me it's just always bad bad bad haha

NEW!!! All This? Just For Us? (A BTMR update)
May 27, 2012

Our walk took us over the bridge in Liberty Square. Sam was debating getting a delicious treat from Sleepy Hallow but she decided to hold off until we were closer to lunch time, after all she had just had those scrumptious pop tarts.

IMG_2420.jpg

We decided to walk down the street in Frontierland rather than taking the bridge, all the sad tarps were down so all the new facades were visible

COUNTRY BEARS!!! Hahah what a reason to YOLO right Brittany?!

IMG_2424.jpg

Haha I guess not.

I just love how quaint and perfect the little town is now. Just like a pictures straight out of an old western movie. Disney…. I just…. I can’t even handle how ABSOLUTLY PERFECT YOU ARE!!! Ugh <33333

IMG_2427.jpg

Andy’s favorite quick service and a little foreshadowing, can’t have a Magic Kingdom day without stopping in here!!!

IMG_2426.jpg

Any one get Mickey Bar all over themselves? Maybe you should stop in here and get that cleaned up

IMG_2429.jpg

We rounded the corner and heard the laughing and screaming of the riders on Splash Mountain just enjoying the sun and their soggy bottoms.

AND THEN WE SAW IT!!! Basically before anyone else… They had JUST opened up for the first time since it’s refurb. OH MY GOODNESS, can it get any more magical. Just as we happen to cross over the bridge they opened up.

IMG_7920.jpg

Split second decision time: Get in line and be one of the first ones to get on it or grab fastpasses for Splash Mountain?!?!? What did we decide? Everyone hand over their tickets QUICK!!!!

Except for Brittany had miss placed hers in her wallet, she searched for what seemed like 12 years (really it was probably 2 minutes not even)

IMG_7919.jpg

Bobby was getting frustrated as 12 hundred people walked by us (really though no one new that it was open) at one point Brittany literally yelled out “JUST GO ON WITHOUT ME GUYS!!!” she felt so bad for holding us up, but she found it after a few grueling minutes and Bobby literally RAN down the hill and back up with these

IMG_7921.jpg

While he did that we literally SCREAMED because they seemed to have opened it just for us. HOLY MOLY I AM DYING!!! I was freaking out and couldn’t wait to get in line.

IMG_2431.jpg

Bobby made it back up the hill and we got in the 10 minutes stand bye line

IMG_2430.jpg

We couldn’t wait to see what the refurbishment had in store for us. Some of these things looked just a little spiffed up and other things were like HOLY GOODNESS NEEEEW!!! So that became one of our favorite things to say: “NEW!!!”

For example not so new…

IMG_7922.jpg

NEW!!!

IMG_7923.jpg

Not so new, but cleaned out (where do you think all the free change went?)

IMG_7924.jpg

AHHHH so close. This is my friend Keirsten (who was on our trip with us in March) LOVES this ride so I have to take a picture to send her

IMG_7925.jpg

Don’t know what the purpose of this line is but…

NEW!!!

IMG_7926.jpg

The line is so clean and even more perfect; it’s basically the same thing except for now there are a lot more random crates and boxes to separate the line rather than just plain railings. Over all we really enjoyed the NEW!!! queue

After seeing all the NEW!!! We were really excited to ride, I had missed BTMR so much in March it just wasn’t the same during those late night extra magic hours without it. I couldn’t wait to get on it again it had been too long.

Can’t you just tell by their faces that they hadn’t been on the ride in forever and were so excited?

IMG_7929.jpg

Oh really it’s that enjoyable? Haha what faces they have

Down the ramp and into the air conditioning

IMG_7930.jpg

The loading dock was in sight. They needed to fill up the front two rows, and to be honest I did not want to sit there, luckily we needed three rows and not two.

“Hold onto your hats because this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!!!”

IMG_7932.jpg

We were seated about two thirds of the way back (not the very back darn) My tip for this ride if you are a thrill seeker go on it at night and ask for the back, it is one of the crazies and terrifying experiences you will have in your life SO MUCH FUN!!!

Girls are we ready and excited?! Show me your faces

IMG_7935.jpg

I don’t remember what exactly caused this face but it is one of my favorite pictures. You live in Disney Bobby, smile and be happy!!!

IMG_7934.jpg

It was during this ride that I realized my love for taking pictures during rides. It’s something I have always done on the teacups (if you’ve read my other reports you know that) this was another ride to add to the list. The pictures did not disappoint

IMG_7940.jpg

They really just capture the joy and magic of Disney. I don’t think you can find happier pictures than these, excitement level even higher than when we walked into the park

IMG_7939.jpg

282655_10151791650110484_19990749_n.jpg

Bobby’s favorite part of the attraction is CLEARLY the clankie noise tunnel.

IMG_7936.jpg

But really, I strongly dislike this part it’s too loud but the smell is AMAZING. Big Thunder just has one of those clear and distinct Disney smells. Ahhhhhh the smell of childhood, I wish I could bottle it.

What a thrilling ride through the wilderness!!! Glad to have it back up and running and so glad that we were some of the first to experience all the NEW!!!

When we got in line the wait was 10 minutes. We got off and there was SUCH a long line. It stretched for literally ever, luckily we got in line when we did we walked right on minus the part where I stopped to take pictures of all the NEW!!! For people here on the Dis to see.

IMG_7946.jpg

Oh man what a line…

Where to next guys?

Tune In Next Time!!!

All of the NEW!!! is so great! Thanks for thinking of us on the DIS. I can't wait to see it in person in just a couple more months. That water part is mind blowing; I don't think I have ever seen it look so clean!

Buzz's ride makes me so mad too! It's so annoying because I never do well on it and Jess is always like the "Gallactic Hero" with 999,999 points or whatever. It's so annoying. I don't know why I'm so bad at it! Ah well. I'll stick to Toy Story Mania.

Nice pointed toes in the Big Thunder Line at the new yellow tiles Bobby. :lmao: That is him right?

LOVE the faces on the ride. Priceless. :)

I totally know what you mean about distinct Disney smells. I work at hospital and in the lab, I kid you not, it smells like the Main St. emporium. For reals!

Also the smell of POTC; sometimes I turn on my A/C in the car and it smells just like it and then I want to go to Disneyland. :laughing:

Another great update!

Alright! I've read the intro, and I'm here to read along! (more later though haha) It looks like it's going to be an awesome TR!! That's totally awesome that you get to do the college program! Totes jealous!!

All of the NEW!!! is so great! Thanks for thinking of us on the DIS. I can't wait to see it in person in just a couple more months. That water part is mind blowing; I don't think I have ever seen it look so clean!

No problem!!! I wish i would have taken a few more pictures of the NEW!!! but no you can experience some as a surprise. I could not stop looking at the water, I knew it had always been there but it was like WOAH and BAM check me out. I should have thrown a penny in there and been the first one, what was I thinking?!

Buzz's ride makes me so mad too! It's so annoying because I never do well on it and Jess is always like the "Gallactic Hero" with 999,999 points or whatever. It's so annoying. I don't know why I'm so bad at it! Ah well. I'll stick to Toy Story Mania.

Nice pointed toes in the Big Thunder Line at the new yellow tiles Bobby. :lmao: That is him right?

LOVE the faces on the ride. Priceless. :)

My entire family loves it and they always get mad that I never want to do it, they think I am a sore loser haha. I really just don't know how to do better!!!

Yes, that is Bobby and he would love you for saying that!!! He loves "being a dancer"

I totally know what you mean about distinct Disney smells. I work at hospital and in the lab, I kid you not, it smells like the Main St. emporium. For reals!

Also the smell of POTC; sometimes I turn on my A/C in the car and it smells just like it and then I want to go to Disneyland. :laughing:

Another great update!

What glorious things Disney smells are!!! The A/C in Andy's old car use to smell like the monorail, I would sit it in sometimes and just start smiling and giggling and one day he asked me why, I told him it was the Disney smells and he had NO IDEA what I was talking about (this was before he had gone to Disney when he was old enough to remember) NOW having been there a few times, he understands completely mind you he still thinks I'm weird but he understands where I'm coming from how :laughing:

Alright! I've read the intro, and I'm here to read along! (more later though haha) It looks like it's going to be an awesome TR!! That's totally awesome that you get to do the college program! Totes jealous!!

Hello and welcome, thanks for reading along. We hope you enjoy our trip!!!

I feel like I leave SO SOON, I can't even get over it. I don't think it will hit me until I move in. It's so crazy i get to spend 6 months in Disney World!!!

Just found this TR.. YAY for another Alicia TR ;)

Loved watching the trip video.. you guys look like a blast to hang out with and I was literally laughing and smiling through the whole thing.

Subscribing!

Just found this TR.. YAY for another Alicia TR ;)

Loved watching the trip video.. you guys look like a blast to hang out with and I was literally laughing and smiling through the whole thing.

Subscribing!

So glad you found us!!!

Thanks a lot we had so much fun making it. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Disney just turns us into big kids, as I'm sure it does with a lot of people, especially this time around beucase we couldn't believe we were actually there. It was amazing :goodvibes

Thank you :goodvibes I'm glad you like it do far!!! From time to time I find a Disney photo on my phone that I haven't given a makeover to and I make sure to snaz it up. Such a fun this to do when I have free time at work :rotfl:

Yep I always seem to find time to browse instagram. ;)

I just realized that my hubby and I were there at MK on the same day that you were because we also rode Thunder Mountain after the refurb was done! I just couldn't believe that I was going to be missing out on my favorite ride during my honeymoon, but thankfully, I was at least able to ride it one time. I was so upset that it wasn't open during EMH though. We definitely would have ridden it over and over again!

I just realized that my hubby and I were there at MK on the same day that you were because we also rode Thunder Mountain after the refurb was done! I just couldn't believe that I was going to be missing out on my favorite ride during my honeymoon, but thankfully, I was at least able to ride it one time. I was so upset that it wasn't open during EMH though. We definitely would have ridden it over and over again!

How crazy!!! I love when i heard about people who were there the same time, such a small world. Honeymoon?! Congratulations!!! What a magical place to spend such a happy time, I hope you had a wonderful trip. We were so excited to get to ride it that day because it wasn't scheduled to open until the following day when we couldn't make it back. We were totally bummed that it wasn't open during EMH too but we were glad we got one quick ride in on it.

More Reasons To Come Back
May 27, 2012

After seeing all the NEW!!! and obtaining fastpasses we decided to head over to Haunted Mansion.

Don’t let this picture deceive you, while I was happy to be in Disney I was not happy to be headed to the Haunted Mansion. This ride has scarred me since I was little and still does today.

IMG_2436.jpg

I could hear the creepy organ music playing…

IMG_2437.jpg

When we got in line we had to make the choice of going through the cemetery or getting right in line. There was no line either way and Brittany had never seen it so we decided to take the long way, usually we don’t but we figured YOLO!!!

Bobby told us that there is game that you are suppose to play with these guys and figure out who killed who(?) I have never heard of it but he’s a cast member so maybe he is right. We didn’t know what that meant so we just continued on.

Side Note: I am extremely intrigued by the twins and I have NO IDEA why. They are creepy and I just want to know more about them.

IMG_7948.jpg

Brittany had a good time exploring all the new things that the queue had to offer

IMG_2440.jpg

Master Gracey, reminds me of the Haunted Mansion movie with Eddy Murphy (not my favorite) but I do love the costumes and the masquerade characters.

IMG_2444.jpg

I love the water aspect of the line, I had fun playing in it. Sam told me to get a picture with the Captain, I was afraid that my butt was going to get wet in the process.

IMG_2445.jpg

We told Brittany how Madame Leota’s eyes open on the tomb stone and she tried getting a picture with them open, she took a few and we laughed because she almost didn’t get it before they ushered us into the stretching room. She finally got it just in time

575155_10151791650545484_267993384_n.jpg

After we socialized with the grim grinning ghosts we exited, saying goodbye to Mr. Toad in the pet cemetery. I forgot to take a picture of him this time around; I usually do it every time.

For those of you who just breeze out of the ride make sure to stop and take a look to the left, there is a pet cemetery and up in the very top left corner there is the statues that at one point was over the top of Mr. Toad Wild ride, he was put to rest there after his dark ride was turned into the Pooh bear one.

From there we headed back over to use our Splash Mountain fastpasses

I’m so glad that Sam got this shot. Bobby and I started a tradition during our first show together. Every performance before the show started and the curtain was closed we would walk the stage and say what we were most excited for and who we had there to see us perform that night and what they meant to us. We did it for all 3 shows that we worked on together but he was gone for my last show so this made up for it

IMG_2446.jpg

Splash Mountain time!!! I love the different pictures that they have in the queue and I have never thought to take pictures of them so I did this time around. You can never have enough Disney ambiance photos.

IMG_7949.jpg

Did you know that “The Big One” as my family so lovingly calls it is actually known as Chic-A-Pin Hill? I knew it had a name, that’s one of my favorite things to do on this ride is read ALL the little signs for the drops in the ride they are so clever and cute the one I always look for is “Slip-N-Falls” but I never realized what “the Big Ones” name really was

IMG_7950.jpg

We saw this sign and I laughed, Sam and I went to high school with a girl who works at Splash (during our trip she actually went home to spend time with her family) and she is always posting on facebook/tumblr how much she dislikes her role at the DCP mainly because people are coming through the line asking if they are going to get wet and “where the dry spot of the log is”. Ummm hey buddy can you read? It’s no secret that you will get wet

282671_10151791650720484_975716353_n.jpg

So while we were riding through I checked out my favorite pig on the Ferry Boat (if you remember from my March TR) who wears my dream costume fabric. As we were floating through I realized something I had never seen before on the raft of animals who have a little band.

It was a wild turkey (I wish I would have been quick enough to get a photo but I wasn’t). I turned to Bobby and was like I it just me or is that NEW!!! He told me that that turkey definitely used to be an alligator. Pheeeeew I wasn’t loosing my mind.

So next time someone takes a trip makes sure to have your camera ready and during the show boat scene, just as you leave, snap a picture of the (what seems oddly misplaced) wild turkey and bring it back and post it here for me!!!

We exited the ride and we walked out to see our ride photo. Apparently on the way up the hill and executive decision was made between Sam and Brittany “let’s touch the bunny” so that’s what they did

IMG_7952.jpg

We decided that we would go check out the new Fantasyland expansion (Dumbo/Great Goofini). How would we get there? Well, we dragged out soggy butts to…

DISNEY TRANSPORTATION MODE 3 of 6: The Train, I personally love this thing. I usually like to get on at Main Street and ride around to Frontierland beucase when I was younger Ma would take me on it and show me Splash Mountain and tell me one day I would be big enough to ride it. Oh how Disney memories stick with you <333.

I don’t have a picture of the station so these two kind of train pictures will have to do…

This one makes me laugh, no one is ever ready for pictures except me I’m always like CAMERA (gotta cheese is up) !!!

IMG_2447.jpg

DISNEY TRAIN EXCITEMENT!!! We can make anything fun

IMG_2448.jpg

I love all the sights from the train for example Big Thunder aka NEW!!!

IMG_2449.jpg

I told Sam to snap this picture for Jess and Kristen. Deer in the woods!!! I think it’s funny when people are amused by the fake deer on the train because we have real deer in out backyard that are constantly just hanging out.

IMG_2450.jpg

When we passed by this little scene Bobby laughed at mine and Sam’s exchange, it was something along the line of “Sam look there are our people, hurry get a pic!!!”

IMG_2452.jpg

Next stop, Fantasyland!!!

IMG_2453.jpg

Bobby pointed out to us that there are peanuts and shells in the ground along with the elephant feet imprints to really add to the Circus theme. REALLY DISNEY?!? Even the smallest details, nothing is ever left out or forgotten.

Sadly I didn’t get many pictures of he new area. What was I thinking?! We actually didn’t even ride anything back here. We said we would make it back later in the day when it wasn’t as hot and when it was all light up at night (sadly that never happened)

Too bad because Andy was really looking forward to trying out this.

IMG_7954.jpg

Oh well all the more reason to visit again. I must admit that I LOVE these cast members costumes. They are just so cute and perfect, just like little ringleaders.

I didn’t like that everything feels so boarded up over there. I felt like I was squished I a box and there wasn’t a way to navigate it, maybe it’s because we were rushing, maybe it’s because there really isn’t all that much over there yet. I can’t wait for more of it to open and I’m excited because I’ll be there for it and Cast Members get to go to the soft openings for everything, fingers crossed I’ll have the night off!!! I want to be the first to ride Ariel’s ride.

Bye bye Fantasyland Expansion….

IMG_7956.jpg

Where to next guys?

Tune In Next Time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter