Wanyama Safari and 7:30pm ROL FP?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Is this possible? The Wanyama Safari dinner check-in is 3:30, "reception" until 4pm when I think the Safari departs. I was told all together it is 3 hours. I can get ROL FP for arrival up to 7:30pm for the 7:45pm show (2nd showing of night). If we use a taxi/Uber from AKL to AK to minimize down time I'm thinking we can make it. If we're really enjoying ourselves at dinner I'm not too concerned about missing ROL but if it isn't remotely possible to do this I'll use our FPs for our morning park instead.

I'd do one or the other. The time we did Wanyama Safari, we didn't leave until almost 8:30PM. You really don't want to speed through the dinner. The chef comes out with each course and explains everything about it.

I'd do one or the other. The time we did Wanyama Safari, we didn't leave until almost 8:30PM. You really don't want to speed through the dinner. The chef comes out with each course and explains everything about it.
8:30! Oh, wow. Yeah, if things are running like that we certainly wouldn't ditch out to see ROL, we're really excited about the Wanyama Safari & dinner.

It was such a pleasant evening talking with the other guests on the tour and with the chef and others at the restaurant. Very, very nice evening.

I'd second this. We did the Wanyama Safari a few years back, and although I don't remember exactly what time we were done, I'm certain we wouldn't have been able to make it back to Animal Kingdom by 7:30. It's possible you could cut your dinner short (e.g. settle your bill early and skip dessert), but that was one of the best dinner's we've had at Disney World, and it would have been very sad to cut it short.

We did it in 2015. My notes say we left the restaurant around 8:00 pm.

This is a great evening. I wouldn't cut it short for something which you can do anytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter