Want to try WL, can they guarantee bunk beds?

Happyjen27

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere that WL will no longer take requests for Bunk Beds. Has this been anyone's experience?

I know that resorts will not GUARANTEE any request to be granted, but do they take the request?

We could make 2 beds work, but truly those 6 year old twins cannot sleep together peacefully. And I can't sleep with children peacefully, and 3 beds (2 queens and the day bed) worked best for us when we were at Poly last month.

I didn't care for the Poly, so I was looking at the Contemporary. But, that seems to be hit or miss with reviews, and the WL really has solid reviews and a strong following.

WL also has the convenient boat to the MK, and bus everywhere else. After staying at the Poly and having a broken monorail 3 of the 9 days we were there, I created the theory that resorts that plan to bus you all the time do it quite well, but resorts that do not plan on bussing and have to because of a broken monorail do bussing quite poorly. Also the fires on the beach and movies were probably in my twins' top 5 favorite things to do while we were there, and WL has them, whereas CR does not.

The one wild card is whether I can request Bunk Beds and hope for the best, or those requests are neither taken nor granted and I should just stay at CR. I don't want to count on Disney Magic because my room at the Poly was the opposite of magical, it was right next to the housekeeping staging area by the elevators and all through nap every day I heard banging and clanging.

So, who has requested Bunk Bed rooms? Who has gotten them?

I read somewhere that WL will no longer take requests for Bunk Beds. Has this been anyone's experience?

I know that resorts will not GUARANTEE any request to be granted, but do they take the request?

We could make 2 beds work, but truly those 6 year old twins cannot sleep together peacefully. And I can't sleep with children peacefully, and 3 beds (2 queens and the day bed) worked best for us when we were at Poly last month.

I didn't care for the Poly, so I was looking at the Contemporary. But, that seems to be hit or miss with reviews, and the WL really has solid reviews and a strong following.

WL also has the convenient boat to the MK, and bus everywhere else. After staying at the Poly and having a broken monorail 3 of the 9 days we were there, I created the theory that resorts that plan to bus you all the time do it quite well, but resorts that do not plan on bussing and have to because of a broken monorail do bussing quite poorly. Also the fires on the beach and movies were probably in my twins' top 5 favorite things to do while we were there, and WL has them, whereas CR does not.

The one wild card is whether I can request Bunk Beds and hope for the best, or those requests are neither taken nor granted and I should just stay at CR. I don't want to count on Disney Magic because my room at the Poly was the opposite of magical, it was right next to the housekeeping staging area by the elevators and all through nap every day I heard banging and clanging.

Bunk beds are a bookable category, so if you book them and pay for them, you will get them.

If you stay CL, they are only a request, but I have gotten bunk beds on CL as well.

:cool1:

Wooooohooooo!!

We don't plan to do CL, and I'm happy to book and pay for bunk beds!

Follow up question: My twins will be 6 and 3/4 at the time of travel. Has anyone done the bunk beds with this age successfully? They were up now and then last month going potty, and I am worried about them getting too disoriented. I know they have bedrails to keep them in, so I'm less worried about falling, more worried about the panicky "Mommy" in the night when they are figuring out how to get down.

Wooooohooooo!!

Follow up question: My twins will be 6 and 3/4 at the time of travel. Has anyone done the bunk beds with this age successfully? They were up now and then last month going potty, and I am worried about them getting too disoriented. I know they have bedrails to keep them in, so I'm less worried about falling, more worried about the panicky "Mommy" in the night when they are figuring out how to get down.

We used the bunk beds in July and our girls were 5 and 8. They both slept on the top bunks at various times during our stay and we had no issues. The bedrails are good and the bunk beds are pretty close to the queen bed so you would be able to hear your child I think. I would post a picture but photobucket is acting up...

There's a picture of page 7 of my PTR of the set up (see link below), my very tiny then 5 year old is up there.

Not at WDW, but my (at the time) 5 and 3 year old slept in bunk beds in a separate room from DH and me on our beach vacation last summer. They both did fine getting in and out of the tops of the beds, even at night for potty trips.

(I intended for them to sleep on the bottom of the bunks, but they saw those top bunks and couldn't resist. They did great with it.)

You are gonna love WL. how many nights are you staying? I would set up a top bunk rotation scheudule.

Kae

LOL, we will definately need a rotation of the top bunk. We needed a rotation of the day bed at Poly.

The amount of nights is still up for debate. Our first trip was last month, and we stayed for 8 nights. That was too many, and we felt really beat up by the last day or two.

I'm thinking either staying 6 nights and taking 1 day off of the parks in the middle, or just doing 5 nights.

That day off in the middle has been recommended to me a lot, but at the same time, to KNOW we are there, at Disney, and not at a park, it seems like it would take so much restraint!

Happyjen27 said:

Wooooohooooo!!

We loved the bunkbed room at WL! DD was 7 when we stayed there, and she slept on the top bunk and got up and down no problem. And I wouldn't worry about disorientation- the rooms are not very big at all, and bunks are just around the corner from the bathroom.

Our only issue was that I don't sleep well in the same room as our kids (never have, even when they were babies) and the bunks are right next to the queen bed (as opposed to some places we've stayed where the bunks have their own alcove). Because of this, we joined the DVC, on that same trip.

It is a bookable category so you pay for bunk beds. However, you may not get the room. We booked Bunk Beds at the WL, but when I checked in I was told the room was not available. The CM was very nice and I can't really complain as we were upgraded to CL for the stay, but we STILL haven't tried a BB room! It wasn't a huge deal for us, as we only have one child. If we had two who couldn't easily sleep together it would have been a different story. I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the room, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you might have to adapt even with the paid reservation based on unknown circumstances at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!