Want to try a Moderate,have questions

StarLight StarBright

DIS Veteran
I am sure this has been addressed many times, but I am new to the boards, and hoping I can get some answers. I have stayed at all the Values(besides Sports) and although I enjoyed all of them, I am ready to move up to a moderate. The problem is, DH wants to stay at Pop, and my DD4 wants to stay at the "Lady and the Tramp Hotel". Is there a moderate that would appeal to small kids(theming, and pools)? Is there that much difference in the rooms, and bus service that would make it worth it to pay the extra money for a moderate? Or are we just better off staying at Pop? Thanks for your help!

Personally, the difference I see between all stars and moderate is the pools are better at moderates and have slides. The bus is about the same. If it were me, I would stay at Pop and save the money.

By the time we factored in a fridge, the difference between a pop and POR was less than $500, so we opted for POR.

Now the difference between POR and WL... over $1K so we stuck w/ POR ;)

I'm looking forward to being able to use POFQ as well AND the boat ride to DTD!

If your child & hubby are satisfied with Pop, stay at Pop.
We are staying at a Mod this time because we are no longer satisfied with the Values. No kids, so we are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere.
Hope that Helps.

The POF has a neat pool for kids. But for me, I do like the Pop a lot and I'd not normally bump up to the next level (but it depends if it's worth it for you).

I am sure this has been addressed many times, but I am new to the boards, and hoping I can get some answers. I have stayed at all the Values(besides Sports) and although I enjoyed all of them, I am ready to move up to a moderate. The problem is, DH wants to stay at Pop, and my DD4 wants to stay at the "Lady and the Tramp Hotel". Is there a moderate that would appeal to small kids(theming, and pools)? Is there that much difference in the rooms, and bus service that would make it worth it to pay the extra money for a moderate? Or are we just better off staying at Pop? Thanks for your help!

We did PO-Riverside and my kids loved it! Especially the cane pole fishing and pool. I really liked the boat ride to DTD also. Seemed not as crazy and big as a value resort to me. Now we are a family of 5 so we are pushed to Deluxe or two rooms!!) In March we stayed at AKL and it was so worth it, had a hard time getting kids and husband away from the resort!! Have a great time!!!!Anywhere at Disney is great for sure!!!!!!!

I agree with you tnkr mom, anywhere in Disney is great! My daughter will probably win, and we will probably end up at pop. After a long day at the parks with two little ones, I guess I just want a little something extra than the values have to offer. I do really like Pop though! I think I was just a little put off by the values when we stayed at ASMo last year during the pool refurb. I just really enjoy a beautiful, relaxing atmosphere, and that wall around the pool was just a little disappointing.

You can check out my website to view info and pics on CSR (one of the mods).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!