Want to stay at WL but have a dilemma...

sweetypie925

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have planned a trip to Disney for Dec 4-11 this year and am very excited. Last time my husband and I were there we stayed at the AKL for our honeymoon and loved it! Now, a year and a half later we have planned to go with my MIL, my neice, and my family which now includes our daughter. The issue is we would love to stay in WL but the money is kindof tight. We are buying 2 rooms so my MIL and neice can have their own room. Since my MIL takes care of my dd and we don't pay her, we are instead paying her portion of the trip minus some money that she gave in. Here are my questions: Is it worth it to work some extra hours to stay at WL? Would I be better off doing a room only and buy tickets with AAA? If so, do I buy 6 day park hopper plus, or an ultimate? Does anyone know of any possible deals for december? Currently we are signed up for a package to stay at POFQ. Any advice would be appreciated.

Teresa

Well, I've found that buying the components separately is usually the cheaper way to go. The Ultimate Hopper Pass is great if you have a family of go-getters, always in the parks from dawn to dusk. Because it has the convenience of admission to all of the parks, it does not price out very well if you do not intend to spend a lot of time at the water parks or DTD. A family with teens gets fairly good value from this kind of pass, but not families with small children, IMO.

It may make sense to get an AP for at least one member of your party, to take advantage of possible AP room discounts. But, you do not have to purchase the AP until you check in, so you have the opportunity to find out if the codes will come out, and are available to you. This is what DD and I did last Dec. and the savings on the room more than paid for the difference in price of the AP. Then, if you decide to return within a year, you can just move your trip up by a week and still have admission!

At any rate, I would price out the difference between booking room only and park hoppers, vs. a pkg. You may be pleasantly surprised to find it's not as hard to do the WL!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter