Want to see whats flying over my house right now??

transparant

<font color=red>Oh say does that star-spangled ban
The Blue Angels! They are so AWESOME (and LOUD! LOL!) My DS Luke is in his glory watching them!! They'll be here all weekend - I'll be taking the kids to see them on Saturday :banana:

blue-angels-p-003.gif

Wow, great picture.

I love the summer air shows/balloon shows....Can't wait!

WOW ~ great picture! Thanks for sharing!! Have a fantastic weekend, and have fun at the air show Saturday!

They are soooo cool!! I saw them quite few times in my hometown as a kid and young adult. My daughter has a blow up of one of their jets in her room. Have a great time!!!!

A number of years ago I got to see them flying around my house too. This is when I was still living in MA and the show was put on in Weymouth at the Naval air base that use to be there.

Two interesting things happened. One day I was driving up a major street that my street was off of and all of a sudden they started coming down the street. They couldn't have been more than 150 feet off the ground! Cars were pulling over left and right with people standing there with their mouths hanging open.

The other thing was really cool. We were at the high school across the street watching them from a field. One of the jets flew over us several times as they practiced some of their moves. I waved as they were flying over and the plane dipped its wings back and forth several times. It was like he was waving back.

Very cool photo, btw!

You know what's flying over my house right now?

...nothin'.

Hey Transparant, we must be neighbors, they were flying around our house today too. We are in Horsham, where are you?

My boys are so excited for the show :Pinkbounc . We are having a Birthday party for my youngest (he's 3) on Sat. and my family will be in to celebrate and see the show. He thinks they are here just for his party, how cute.

I do not know if you know, but there are fireworks on Friday night at the Base. :cool1:

Yup - I was outside for break and they were flying in.....turning over us one at a time. We gave up talking. The engines were so loud you could feel the vibrations in your bones! I love it - so exciting!

Have a great time at the show - going to see Lonestar tonight? :rockband: Too many people for me, :grouphug: plus I'm working late. :sad2:

mom23boys said:
Hey Transparant, we must be neighbors, they were flying around our house today too. We are in Horsham, where are you?

My boys are so excited for the show :Pinkbounc . We are having a Birthday party for my youngest (he's 3) on Sat. and my family will be in to celebrate and see the show. He thinks they are here just for his party, how cute.

I do not know if you know, but there are fireworks on Friday night at the Base. :cool1:

Yup...we're neighbors :wave: - I'm in Warminster. Thanks for the heads up on the fireworks...I didn't know that :cool1:

mssocks said:
Yup - I was outside for break and they were flying in.....turning over us one at a time. We gave up talking. The engines were so loud you could feel the vibrations in your bones! I love it - so exciting!

Have a great time at the show - going to see Lonestar tonight? :rockband: Too many people for me, :grouphug: plus I'm working late. :sad2:

Nah...we didn't go see Lonestar....wish we could have, but I had a prenatal meeting with a client. I am looking forward to seeing the fireworks tomorrow. I'm just trying to figure out where is the best place to park to see them. You guys that are close by have any suggestions on that?

What an awesome snapshot! I've seen the BLue Angels from Mt. Penn (near the Pagoda) when they came to Reading's air show. The are incredible! We've have plans both Sat. & Sun. or I think we'd take the trip to see the show.

DH works in Warminster and heard them overhead as well, yesterday. We saw them at Willow Grove the weekend before 9/11. I'm dealing with cardiomyopathy right now and it would be too long for me to be in the sun and just out in general. We'd love to go otherwise. They are awesome to watch!!! :goodvibes

If you can get a spot in a parling lot along 611, like Lee's Hoagies or that diner near there, you should have a good view of most everything. I would stay on that side of 611 as this side ( Blair Mill Road ) has tons of trees and Horsham Road is a shambles!

Oh! How about the Christmas Village?? Didn't they just close? Maybe their lot will be open.

Booo, Blue Angels.
Yeah, Thunderbirds !!! :teeth:

(Sorry...My Air Force background coming out again...lol)

mssocks said:
If you can get a spot in a parling lot along 611, like Lee's Hoagies or that diner near there, you should have a good view of most everything. I would stay on that side of 611 as this side ( Blair Mill Road ) has tons of trees and Horsham Road is a shambles!

Oh! How about the Christmas Village?? Didn't they just close? Maybe their lot will be open.

The Christmas Village did just close. Hopefully I'll find something relatively close by so that I don't have to walk to far with the kids to get into the base. I think they even open up a field if I recall for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!