Want to go back, Kids want WDW

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Captainkidd76, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 Mouseketeer

After our 1st trip this year I'm really anxious to go back. Haven't been to WDW in 2 years. Epcot has become a huge disappointment for me. And I know Magic Kingdom will be a disappointment to me after getting to experience Disneyland. What to do.

2. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

I am sorry you are worried it will be disappointing. I think it could end up being a lot of fun. I have been lucky enough to go to both parks a few times and although I love Disneyland there is still a lot of really special things at the world. Yes it is big and harder to get around, but there are some amazing restaurants and rides that Disneyland doesn't have. Maybe if you look at it as just a fun time to experience all that which Disneyland does not have, you will enjoy yourself. Have you been to Pandora yet? Or to the new Toy Story Land? Those things are not at Disneyland. Also some of the hotels at WDW are amazing. Maybe try and see it from your kiddos eyes? Either way, I hope you have a blast. After all, any Disney is better than no Disney, right?!

Kevin_W likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Captainkidd76

We're familiar with all the resorts at WDW. We're former passholders. We've been 10 times in the last 12 years. Maybe I'm just tired of it. I fell in love with Disneyland park.

cinnaminny likes this.
  5. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Disneyland! Because 2 reasons:
    1) planning. WDW is SUCH A PAIN IN THE REAR to plan. It takes a lot more work for parents than DLR.
    2) WDW will shine much brighter in a couple years. Guardians, new Epcot night show, gondola system, Mickey & Minnie train ride, Ratatouille, Tron(!). While they haven’t announced a night parade I really see zero way they celebrate the 50th without one- whether they take ours or give WDW their own. A couple years & WDW will be THE place to go. (If you do WDW now you’re likely to get talked right back into it in a couple years when all that new stuff starts opening.)

6. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

The kids will just have to suck it up and suffer through Disneyland !!

7. MischaOz

MischaOz DIS Veteran

How about an adults only getaway without the kids?

8. GoingSince1990

GoingSince1990 Earning My Ears

We love both WDW and DLR and tend to go to WDW in the winter months and DLR in the summer.

julesann, azdisneylover and BWCSH like this.
  9. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

Who’s paying?

Threaten parents only to dlr and they’ll Change their tune. Hahahahaha

10. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I'd do Disneyland. There is just so much wasted time at WDW!!!!

julesann likes this.
  11. Captainkidd76

One good point my wife brought up about WDW is, you can stay in a nice resort for not outrageous money. Disneyland's hotels are all completely overpriced. I'm just not an offsite person. I like the bubble.

Nicer resort, better food options, more nightlife options or better rides, easier access.

12. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

Just do both. :)

Seriously, WDW is still pretty great. If you haven't been to WDW in two years, have you caught Pandora and Flight of Passage? That's worth the trip alone. There's also Toy Story Land. Something tells me you'll have a great time no matter which Disney Park you go to.

julesann and smartlabelprint like this.
  13. cinnaminny

cinnaminny Mouseketeer

Disneyland is pretty amazing. I have had to deal with all of the emotions, the ups and downs of trying to decide which one I thought was better. lol I think I am always going to love Disneyland park more than Magic Kingdom, overall Disney World is superior for a real vacation. (for me) The great thing about Disneyland is you can pop in for a 3 days and see and do so much. So I agree with the poster who said, do both. :D

mom2rb likes this.
  14. GatorChris

GatorChris Not of This World

My kids are saying the same thing! "Let's go to WDW!!!!" The problem: after homeschooling them since 2010, we now have them in regular school and my wife is teaching. That means the only time we could do WDW is Christmas Vacation or Summer (to do the 9 night trips I like to do there). So either crazy crowding or extreme FL summer heat. No thank you. I won't spend all that cash just to get there if it's either one of those choices. DL in the summer is tolerable - no humidity like WDW, and early openings make the day better.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  15. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

Voice of dissent: perhaps give Disney Cruise Line a try. Something new for everyone?

16. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Mouseketeer

Fly to Paris or Tokyo! :)

gottalovepluto and BrianL like this.
  17. MonocularVision

MonocularVision Mouseketeer

Being able to visit Disneyland in the off season is one of the top benefits of homeschooling our kids!

julesann likes this.
  18. Captainkidd76

Too pricey.

tarheelalum likes this.
  19. Captainkidd76

Oh, absolutely. Trust me, this is not a bad problem to have.:)

Yeah, we saw Pandora after it opened. Honestly, I didn't care much for it. I don't see what all the fuss is about over FoP. Didn't do much for me.:confused3

20. mom2rb

mom2rb DIS Veteran

DH wanted a DW break so I went to Disneyland with my brother and SIL. They own a catering company and can only do last minute trips. We had so much fun that we are doing it again this year, with DH. I have decided that DW is for longer, planned trips and DL is for shorter, last minute getaways. Both are great, just different.

21. Captainkidd76

Agree with above. There are still things I like better abuot the Magic Kingdom. Certain rides are better (Space, Splash). Castle is obviously far more beautiful, though I really liked DL's castle and the walkthrough. There's SOO much more room to move in the MK, so that's a huge plus. To me, the big thing is Fantasyland. It's so amazing and so Disney at Disneyland. And it's breathtaking at night. Fantasyland at the MK, for me, stinks. Peter Pan and Pooh are both great, but it doesn't have the same feel as Disneyland.