want to fly out of east USA? NH or Maine?

langin

Mouseketeer
i see lots of people flying out of Buffalo but I am on the east coast, what about Manchester Nh or Boston or Bangor , Maine. Anybody do this and what kind of deals are there? We drove from NB and it was the least expensive way for us (family of 5). :moped:

If you can get to Manchester, Southwest offes some great deals from there to Orlando. I have their DING! service downloaded and also get periodic e-mails with extra deals. I actually was able to cancel and re-book our flights just yesterday, resulting in a credit that will allow me to buy 2 more tix for my in-laws to join us! (they're great people, so this is a good thing!!)

I have no idea about Bangor, but as far as Boston, Jet Blue flies out of there and I've heard of some similar good deals from them. Still, I think Southwest is your best bet.

langin said:
i see lots of people flying out of Buffalo but I am on the east coast, what about Manchester Nh or Boston or Bangor , Maine. Anybody do this and what kind of deals are there? We drove from NB and it was the least expensive way for us (family of 5). :moped:
I just did a random check of return flights using dates of July 17 to 24th in www.sidestep.com and I got the following:

Machester to MCO - US$391 US Air
Boston - $251 US Air
Bangor - $483 NWA

Not fantastic prices but I'm guessing a damn sight cheaper that going from NB nearest airport.

Halifax is only 45 minutes from where we live...however flights for our family of 5 were coming in $3500-$4300 and these were still stopping in Toronto.

We opted to drive to Boston and fly direct with Delta. 5 return tickets cost us $1409.00 CAD (281.00 CAD p/p) :cool1: We are driving the day before and staying at the Comfort Inn. They offer a park, sleep and fly package for $172.54 tax, fees, incl. This allows us to stay the night and leave our van there for 2 weeks. They also offer a free airport shuttle service as well. Parking at Logan was very expensive so we went with the park, sleep and fly option plus you get the shuttle.

On the way back (we arrive in Boston at 2:02) we will drive to NB and get a hotel for the night or drive straight through depending on how DH feels.

Originally we wanted to go with Allegiant out of Portsmouth, NH and fly into Sandford, however their fares for next March (that's when we're going) won't be out for quite some time and we wanted to book back in April. We found Bangor prices were just as high as flying out of Halifax. :guilty:

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

Hi! We drove to Bangor last time and by looking at Manchester and figuring hotel its going to work out to be better for us to go from Bangor again or possibly Portland. We are also looking at AA instead of Delta.

Are 292.00 US. Bangor allso had cheap motels that you stay and they shuttle you to airport and keep your vehicle and pick you back up at airport! The cost for flights for my time Oct 30 -Nov 14 , some are 292.00

Hi Charleyann,

We will also be there at that time (Nov. 9-18) and are flying out of Bangor with Delta at a cost of $290 US or $321.23 Canadian, taxes in. I was very happy with that price.

Have a great trip! Hoping for great weather and low crowds!!!!! :cloud9:

Hi....Can't wait to Go! Where are you staying? I was orginially flying out of Bangor but with the changes of flights, Delta gave me the flight out of Fredericton for the same cost.

I'm hoping for low crowds too. We went last Dec/ Jan 06, gosh was it busy. Never again!!! Im staying at POP for first few days, then off site and then back to ASM the last 2 nights. This will be my first onsite time doing a disney resort!

Charleyann :wave: :wave: :wave:

Charleyann said:
Hi....Can't wait to Go! Where are you staying? I was orginially flying out of Bangor but with the changes of flights, Delta gave me the flight out of Fredericton for the same cost.

I'm hoping for low crowds too. We went last Dec/ Jan 06, gosh was it busy. Never again!!! Im staying at POP for first few days, then off site and then back to ASM the last 2 nights. This will be my first onsite time doing a disney resort!

Charleyann :wave: :wave: :wave:

We're staying at Pop Century for the first time. I hope we like it as much as I do the All Star Resorts. You're going to love staying on-site. You'll never want to do it any other way again. Been there, done that.

Do you realize how lucky you are that you are flying out of Fredericton??? I wish I could, but it was waaaay too expensive, even flying with Delta to Orlando. It would be so nice just to drive 20 minutes to the airport rather than 3+ hours. Also a savings not to have to stay the night before in a Bangor motel. Your flights really must have had big changes to them. Did you get a good price?

I'm hoping for low crowds and great weather too! Enjoy your trip!!! :thumbsup2

Charleyann said:
....orginially flying out of Bangor but with the changes of flights, Delta gave me the flight out of Fredericton for the same cost......

Wow!!

Do you still make the same connections through the states?? Or are you flying through YYZ?

That's amazing that they made that much of a route change for you. Great work!!

:sunny:

I've flown in and out of Manchester a couple of times. It's a wonderful airport. It tends to be less busy than Boston and security is very quick to get through. You can probably get away with arriving at the airport about one hour before your flight, and still make the flight with no problem. Not that I recommend one hour, but I have friends who live up that way (I guess New Hampshire is down that way for you) and that's what they do. And I believe Southwest is the only airline out of Manchester that flies non-stop to Orlando.

I just booked a flight with SouthWest from Manchester NH 9-28 to 10-1 both NonStop to Orlando for $135.60 (usd) that is a great price if you ask me (i think they have fares posted till Dec 10) .. Michelle

If you don't mind the drive to Manchester, I think you can definitely save some cash. The last time I checked the direct SouthWest flight to Orlando from Manchester was less than a third what it would cost me to fly AC or Delta out of Fredericton.

I'm flying Fredericton to Boston just 1 hr and half layover and then to MCO...total time 6 hrs ! Coming back it is MCO to BOS to YFC (F'ton) in just a little over 4 hrs!

Delta cancelled a return flight home in my orginial schedule. They put me on a flight leaving MCO at 6 am. Totally undoable cause I have a child with cystic fibrosis who needs chest physio and aresol treatment. I wouldn't have arrived in Bangor until 2 hours after orginial time and would have had to take a hotel in Bangor because my child would have needed another treatment.

So they asked if they could fly me out of Fredericton and gave me a great flight with great hours. Still can't believe it.

I paid just 191.00 US ! the cost out of F'ton (YFC) is near 800.00 Canadian for one ticket!

Charleyann :wave: :wave:

We are in freddy beach too....and we have flown out of NH, bangor,portland.

Last year we had direct flights over march break for 581Us for four of us! The year before we paid 1200cnd for four out of bangor. We find if we fly out of Bangor we stay at a hotel the night before anyway...so why not just drive to NH? The drive was around 7.5 hrs from fredericton.

Next year we are flying out of Portland and it is 1000US for four.
We loved Southwest....but I was just too impatient to wait for them to open up!

Fredericton is the most expensive....usually 500cnd each is pretty good!

I usually use expedia.ca.....or kayak.com to check out prices....

Good luck!

When we drove last year, it was the best deal for us since we really wanted to have car down there, but we'll see.....I am hoping we can go in 2 years but DH wants to go in 3 yrs for his 40 th birthday and our 20 th wedding anniversary, I don't think he can wait that long (well, I'm hoping)

Anyways, we're just in the planning stages, but I love the planning stages, it's half the fun!!!!!!

:moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter