Want to eat at Le Cellier and the Flying Fish...is DDP the way to go?

klfrech

DIS Veteran
We are two adults heading down in March for 5 nights. We don't arrive until 9 p.m. on the first night, so we actually wouldn't need to use any of our dining plan credits on that day.

We were considering the standard dining plan. Neither of us our big breakfast eaters--we can grab a granola bar in the hotel room. We'd do counter service for lunch each day, and have a snack. I know we'd have to use 2 TS credits for each of us for each of the above mentioned restaurants. We don't drink, so that's an expense we wouldn't have to worry about. I realize we'd be OOP for tips and appetizers. We'd also be OOP for additional meals, since using 4 out of the 5 TS credits in 2 days wouldn't leave us much choice.

Any opinions on this? When I look at the menu items and prices for these restaurants, it might be the way to go. I'm not quite sure.

Thanks!

Have you looked at the menus to price out what OOP meals will cost? We like to eat at the signatures and find that the deluxe dining plan works better for us but we like to eat table service for lunch and/or breakfast too.

Seems like the deluxe dining plan is too much food for us, while the standard plan will still leave us with some OOP expenses. I don't want to be forced to sit down to a table service meal, simply because we paid for it.

The "value" of a TS credit is right around $38, so at the 2TS places, you need to "spend" $76 to break even on the DDP. The only way I see you doing that at Le Cellier is with the $56 ribeye. And Flying Fish doesn't have an entrée over $45, so you'll have a hard time making the DDP work there.

Now, if seeing the prices of entrees will give your spouse a heart attack, the DDP will alleviate that, but you're still paying more money than you need to.

On our last trip, we ate at Flying Fish, Brown Derby, and Artist's Point. Paying OOP was MUCH cheaper than using a dining plan. Our meals were about $50-60 each. As said above, each meal would need to be $70, just to break even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter