Want to dress up for dinner

mketting

Mrs. Incredible
We are going on the Feb 29 wonder trip. I know there is no formal night on the ship however, my Mom and I enjoy dressing up. How "Dressy" can we get and not feel out of place?:wave2:

I think anything you want to wear for dress up would be fine, except maybe going the full length formal route.

My honey and I wanted to "dress up" every night (on the 4-day Wonder) even though we didn't have to. To Palo I wore a long black velvet gown with sparkly stuff on it and long black gloves--he wore his black tux. We paraded around the ship in that gear and though we saw many people dressed up in cocktail dresses and shirts and ties, there were very few others in "formalwear." I didn't care, however, as Mickie and Minnie wore their formal duds (tux and gown) in the atrium for photos that night without feeling the LEAST self-conscious.

Granted, you WILL get noticed, but I got the feeling most people really liked seeing us all dressed up (in fact, some total strangers took our photo). By the way, we are not people who look like models. We're not even young!

The other nights I wore cocktail length dresses and my grandmother's rhinestone jewelry. I have precious few occasions at home to wear this kind of get up, so happily put up with the occasional stares in order to feel like a goddess. I'm looking forward to next October when we take our first 7 day cruise with an "official" formal night so we won't be in such limited company. There will be people who never take off their shorts and tank tops the entire cruise--that's their choice and fine with me, as long as it doesn't bother them that I'm teetering along in my heels! Enough said about us...if you want to get dressed to kill, by all means do it--and enjoy it! The elegance of your surroundings will help you feel comfortable, even if your fellow cruisers don't. :-)

We were on the 3 night wonder in August, and saw quite a few people really dressed up, and having a great time....

Thank you!

It's nice to know we can get dressed each night for dinner as we feel comfortable. I'm not planning any formal gowns but have some dressier outfits that, as some else put it, there isn't a lot of occasion to wear so it will be fun to wear them on the ship. My aunt who is going also is thrilled she doen't have to get all gussied up. It sounds like we will all be happy!

Thanks for your replies, I'd love to hear more.:cool:

DRESS UP!!!

Coming from a man's point of view.......I never heard a guy complain about how nice a lady looks all dressed up!!!

This is such a casual society, it is rare and very nice when you see ladies all dressed up!

So, have fun and dress up!!

Doug:D

Another vote for dressing up as much as you want to-- even without a formal night.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter