Walt's Passport Up For Bid on EBay

°O°Joe

A perfect disquise! Ha ha ha!
The EBay seller's description:

Walt Disney Passport. Disney autographs are rare and hugely desirable, and this one comes in truly amazing form. This United States passport is dated August 19, 1965, and was issued to the legendary animator shortly after the giant success of Mary Poppins (1964) and 16 months before his death (December 15, 1966). Disney signed the passport twice in blue ink (as "Walter E. Disney"), including once along the edge of his smiling photo. It bears only one set of visa stamps, for a trip to and from London. Following Walt's death, Roy O. Disney, completing his brother's ambitious theme park in Orlando, insisted that the name become Walt Disney World -- a worthy tribute. Perhaps no other show business figure gave so much joy to so many people -- hence Disney's enormous popularity with autograph collectors -- and this passport, with two ultra-rare signatures, accompanying photo and visa stamps, provides one of the most desirable Walt Disney artifacts Heritage has ever offered. In Excellent condition with only very minor wear.Accompanied by LOA from PSA/DNA.

Starting bid is at $3,600.00 and is expected to sell between $14,400.00 and $21,600.00...

Here is a picture of the passport:

l21269.jpg

When I opened the page, it said the item was no longer available. Maybe it was a hoax?:confused3

Wonder how much it went for............

My guess is it was bogus b/c it isn't even listed on completed auctions.

My guess is it was bogus b/c it isn't even listed on completed auctions.

I don't think it was bogus. I heard on a podcast (I want to say Inside The Magic, but not sure) that it was sold for well over the expected amount. They had all the details, but I don't remember and I don't feel like going through the archives to get the info. :)

°O°Joe;18576814 said:
I don't think it was bogus. I heard on a podcast (I want to say Inside The Magic, but not sure) that it was sold for well over the expected amount. They had all the details, but I don't remember and I don't feel like going through the archives to get the info. :)

The listing was removed by eBay. It was not a completed auction. Completed auctions stay on ebay for 90 days with all the details including the ending bid. It violated eBay's listing policy or it was determined to be fraudulent, but in any case there was no "winning bid".

It was either fradulent or the seller obtained it in an unseemly way. The Disney family and official Disney Archives would never let that thing out of their clutches. Plus it doesn't look like his signature.

Does anybody else think that his photo looks Photoshopped?

agnes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter