Walt Disney World tickets will all have expiration dates

Jen and Ashwin

DIS Veteran
I just got the Mousesavers newsletter and it said:

"As we predicted, ticket prices are going up at Walt Disney World (Florida) and Disneyland (California) as of Sunday, February 12, 2017. We don’t yet have the new gate prices across the board, but it looks like 1-day tickets went up about 5% at both parks, so we assume similar increases are happening with multi-day tickets.

Another big change is that Walt Disney World tickets will all have expiration dates, including multi-day tickets. At this point we don’t know what the expiration timeframe will be, but this is a change we’ve assumed was coming for a long time. Disneyland tickets have had expiration dates for many, many years. We expect that if an unused Walt Disney World ticket expires, it will no longer be good for park admission, but it will still be worth what you paid for it in exchange for new tickets. That’s the policy at Disneyland and it’s hard to imagine they would handle it differently at Walt Disney World."

Undercover Tourist is still selling non-expiring multi-day tickets as of now.

I have two day tickets on a free dining package in August.
I booked this back last September
Will those tickets have expiration dates ???

I was told that we would be able to keep the two day tickets for later use since we are pass holders but if those tickets will not expire that will not work.

I was told that we would be able to keep the two day tickets for later use since we are pass holders but if those tickets will not expire that will not work.

I don't have an answer regarding that. I would call ticket services and inquire: 407-566-4985, option 5.

Seriously. Another increase. Between the rise in ticket prices, the high food cost and no more ebay bucks on gift cards It will be a long time before we go back to disney. At some point disney is going to be too expensive for the average middle class family.

They increase ticket prices pretty much every year, always around this time. The expiring tickets is a blow though because I can't pick up tickets when I see a good deal and hold them until our next trip. We go about every two years now, but our next trip won't be until 2019. I estimate buying my tickets today will save us at least $200 if ticket prices continue to rise 5% each year.

No, tickets on a package will be good for the dates of your package.

Previously package tickets did not have to be used the dates of your package at all and did not expire, allowing for usage on future trips or used to upgrade to bigger tickets later.

We don't know just yet how they will be impacted but should know tomorrow.

So will our already purchased non - expiring tickets till always be that way -- or are they going to stick an expiration date on them now?

We have about 10 days already bought for future trips.....and no current trips planned.

So will our already purchased non - expiring tickets till always be that way -- or are they going to stick an expiration date on them now?

We have about 10 days already bought for future trips.....and no current trips planned.
They can't change what they've already sold you.

That stinks on the expiration dates!!

I'd pick some up now to hold on to if they weren't so dang expensive. Last time we bought tickets was 2005, 10 day non expiration, I got them for $300 piece. Now the 3 days are $300 piece:scared1:

I just bit the bullet and ordered a ticket for my solo trip in May, even though I still have
a couple of unused tickets for future trips. AND I just bought a 6 day base ticket from UCT
for future use. Having an expiration date on tickets going forward is a game-changer for me.

Newly purchased multi day tickets have to have the first day of use by 12/31/2018.

Newly purchased multi day tickets have to have the first day of use by 12/31/2018.
I just (today!) bought 4 tickets from UCT at the old prices. I am assuming that these are still the non-expiring (until activated) tickets, right? If not, I'm screwed since 2 of them are for our planned 2019 trip. I bought (2) 5-day tickets for the kids trip with me in 2018 (I have an AP) and then I bought (2) 7-day park hoppers for our extended-family, week-long trip in 2019.

My understanding is the tickets expire but do not lose their value. Therefore, you could trade expired tickets in for current tickets and pay the price difference.

My understanding is the tickets expire but do not lose their value. Therefore, you could trade expired tickets in for current tickets and pay the price difference.
This is my understanding as well. If you pay $250 but when you the tickets are expired and new tickets cost $300. You would be able to exchange your expired tickets for valid tickets by paying $50.

I just (today!) bought 4 tickets from UCT at the old prices. I am assuming that these are still the non-expiring (until activated) tickets, right? If not, I'm screwed since 2 of them are for our planned 2019 trip. I bought (2) 5-day tickets for the kids trip with me in 2018 (I have an AP) and then I bought (2) 7-day park hoppers for our extended-family, week-long trip in 2019.
Right. What you bought from UCT is the tickets that were available from WDW through yesterday. They will continue to sell these utilised out, then will only have the expiring tickets.

That is my understanding too. Of course the tickets must be unused and you end up basically paying the then current rates anyway, so I guess it defeats buying ahead and holding for a trip a couple years away, but at least someone whose trip had to be cancelled would not lose what they had paid for the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter